Five Kings and Queens Narnia:The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

Five Kings and Queens of Narnia:The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Chapter One

I thought I heard the low, barely audible drone of of airplanes. I thought right. The bombing was coming soon. I felt it.

"Mrs.Pevensie!" I called. "I think we should get to the shelter!" I didn't hear a response. Definetly not good.

"Who says you get to say what we do?" Edmund said.

"If you want to explode, that's fine with me," I snapped. Now I could really hear it. Humming, like a swarm of bees. I suddenly saw a bright orange flash about half a mile away. Edmund walked to look out of the window. Idiot, he's going to get himself killed someday.

I hurried to Peter's room and knocked on the door. When he opened it, I said,"Go get your mum. I'll get Susan and Lu." He nodded and we took off in seperate directions. The house shook, and I fell on my ankle. Wincing, I stumbled to Susan and Lucy's room.

They both looked up at me and the house shook again. Lucy screamed and I picked her up. When we got outside, I put her on the ground. She ran to Helen, crying.

We were literally half a meter from the shelter when Ed turns around and yells,"Dad!"

"I'll get him!" Peter shouted, running after him.

"Peter!" I ran after him. Edmund ran into the living room near the window and grabbed a picture of his dad. Peter tackled him just before the window shattered. I covered my face. Glass hit my palms and dug itself into my skin. I pulled out a little piece;Gosh, I'm really getting banged up.

We all ran back outside to the shelter. Edmund fell in.

"What were you doing?!" Peter yelled at him. "Why d'you have to be so selfish?! YOu could have got us killed! Lilli's hurt now!"

"Peter," Helen said firmly.

"I'm fine," I insisted.

"Why can't you just do as you're told?" Peter mumbled, slamming the door. We spent the night in the shelter. It took ten minutes for Helen to pull out all of the glass stuck in my palms.

"Are you alright, Lilli?" Lu asked. I smiled.

"I'm fine, Lu. Now get some sleep," I said kissing her forehead. I crawled to the top of a bunk bed and dozed off to a dreamless sleep, knowing we would have to leave for the country side tomorrow till the war was over.

~The next day~

I picked up my bags and attatched a label to my coat. Lucy hugged my forearm.

"I'm so sorry, Lilli," she said. I shuddered. Both my parents had died last night. Peter hugged me and Edmund rolled his eyes.

"Have a heart," Susan whispered harshly.

"When the war is over, dear," Helen said, patting my arm,"you can stay with us." I smiled;she's so caring. We walked toward the ticket line. Lu sniffled and Peter reassured her. I handed the ticket lady the small pieces of paper that signified the stop of our lives in Fletchley.

We climbed up onto the stairs and, after searching for a while, found a mostly-empty compartment. Only two children, a boy and girl, were inside. Peter put our bags on the racks above the seats.

The train started and I left my old life behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
well. what do you think????