Don't Deny Me

A Midsummer Night's Dream

"Thanks for the blanket, Jimmy." I said as earnestly as I could, following him as he went back outside to the party to sit in these cool little canvas chairs. He smiled like saving people from drunks was something he did everyday. I didn't really know him but based on what I had seen from him I wouldn't be surprised if he went around playing hero.

"So how did you end up in beer?" Jimmy asked, a small smile on his face as he drank from a red plastic cup.

I fixed some of my hair behind my ear, unable to stand the sticky hardness of it. "I got it poured on me by some drunk asshole. You know him I'm sure, he goes by Synyster Gates?" I questioned the chance of them knowing each other. Syn was such an ass and Jimmy seemed so sweet.

At this Jimmy roared with laughter, "That sounds like him! Don't worry about it, he's a good guy, when you get to know him."

I felt myself frown. "That's all I've been hearing lately. If he's so nice like you say then why is he such a dick to me?" I found myself pouting but stopped immediately.

There was a knowing sparkle in Jimmy's blue eyes, "That's a little strange, he's usually pretty popular with the ladies." He winked.

I laughed only because I couldn't bear my own blush. I brushed my hair to one side and let my fingers comb through it. A small shiver went through me when the wind blew. I wondered what it would be like to live so carefree like the rest of the people out there dancing. I watched as Bree waved at me then danced with a group of new friends.

"Is there a reason you look so sad?" Jimmy asked, calm but a little worried at the same time. I turned to him and shrugged.

"I feel like our new friendship can't stand the drama that I bring." I sighed.

I don't know what he saw in my eyes but whatever it is, he felt the need to move from his chair to mine. Somehow he managed to twist himself to hold me close to him.

This kind of intimacy, even between friends made me cringe. One day I would tell Jimmy why I shied away from him at this crucial time, but not on this night. I tried my hardest to just accept it and be comforted by him. I was about to relax, really I was but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

It was almost cruel how short-lived the embrace was.

"What the fuck is this?!" Lucca slurred angrily, about 5 seconds from tipping over.

I looked from him to Jimmy, "What are you talking about?" My voice sounded stronger than I felt.

Jimmy tensed anxiously beside me but stood quiet.

It took a moment but Lucca got the words out, "I'm talking about you getting cozy with this freak!" he paused for a bit, regained his balance then began again.

"He just wants to fuck! Are you that stupid?" He stepped closer, extending his arm to reach out for me.

"What the hell!" I yelled, leaping up from my seat with Jimmy and pushing Lucca's arm out of the way. Lucca's eyes were unrecognizable, the beauty was now glazed over. For as long as I had known him, I'd never seen him behave like this.

"He's my friend and you don't even know him!" my voice was only slightly shaky, not from fear but from the rush of adrenaline. The people around us had started to stop and watch what we were doing.

"Neither do you!" Lucca shot back, anger and disgust apparent in his eyes as he looked from me to Jimmy.

"I bet he's been planning a threesome with you, him and that douche bag Syn." he sneered hatefully.

I was going to say he was drunk and to just go back to the bus but Jimmy had heard enough.

He rose to his impressive height, pushed me behind him and made sure he punched Lucca as hard as he could in the jaw. Lucca went down quick and easy. The people around us made a noise of approval as they moved around to check out my very drunken friend.

Jimmy faced my direction but didn't look at me, his eyes were scanning the crowd until he saw who he was looking for. I saw him too. Synyster Gates nodded in approval to his friend but looked at me and immediately his face dropped.

I tried not to let it bother me, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't.

"Thanks Jimmy." I placed my hand on his arm so he would notice me. His eyes brightened as he relaxed and hugged me. "Just call me your Guardian Angel." he winked and gave me an extra squeeze.

--

I had this bizarre dream. It was of Synyster Gates. It wasn't a sex dream so if that's what you wanted then I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Anyway, in this dream we couldn't stop touching each other, we needed the contact with each other's warm skin as the night around us refused to be cold. I reached out to hug him. The intoxicating scent of him was all around me as I pressed the side of my face to his chest. His arms wrapped around me. I felt the way he gently kissed my head. I let myself hug him tighter.

"You know I like you?" He let me look up at him. His eyes were so sincere it was impossible to deny him but there was still that doubt. He noticed.

He tried to get away, I'm assuming to hide his upset but before he could rush away I touched his face gently, he paused to look at me.

"Please understand. I feel the same way, it's just complicated-" I caressed him softly. He smiled wide, more excited of what I told him then I would have thought.

His hands, rough from callus, brushed my face and found its way to the nape of my neck. Chills erupted all down my spine. He leaned in and placed his lips eagerly against mine. I kissed back with just as much excitement. My body clung to his in a way I didn't think was possible.

The way our lips moved together you'd think we had been lovers forever.

Especially how my nails raked down his back sensually, wanting much more than this PG moment.

After a moment it became clear that whatever happiness I felt was temporary. I heard Gates and Luca speak in a strange voice.

"If I ever see another man touch you, I don't know what I'd do."

I woke up in a cold sweat. I was in a bunk that wasn't mine, snuggled in blankets that also weren't mine. I didn't really mind though, they were soft and helped ease my nerves. The curtain that was pulled across the bunk kept my little space dark but I saw the bright sunlight of the day peek through.

How long was I asleep? Who's bunk was I in?

I stopped to think a bit. The bus was moving so clearly we were on the road. I thought I heard some laughing and talking but I just couldn't figure out the voices.

Pulling the blankets over my feet, I realized that I was a little scared to pull back that curtain. Why wasn't I on the bus with my brother? I heard my name outside and froze.

"Lexi's been asleep a long time huh?" someone asked. The roar of the bus made me strain to hear more.

"She had a crazy night. Let the kid sleep." A second voice sounded like Jimmy. My fists curled tightly into balls as I remembered last night.

Lucca had gone so crazy last night. What the hell gave him the right to speak that way to Jimmy? And what the fuck was up with that dream?!
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all forgive the wait and any error in the writing. I tried to write a good chapter for anyone interested. Have a good day/night.