You're Not Making this Easy

Five.

"What the hell am I supposed to wear to meet her parents?" Jimmy asked, spazzing, going through mounds of clothes in his apartment.

"Damn, Jimmy," Brian muttered. Jimmy looked up at his best friend and stared.

"Dude. Shut up! I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing here!" he exclaimed in reply.

Brian sat up from Jimmy's bed. "Okay, do you know where you're even going?"

"Uh, a fancy restaurant."

"Then get a dress shirt and black jeans, dude."

Jimmy stared at Brian. "Dude, if you were a chick, I'd ask you to marry me!"

---

"Hey, babe," Jimmy said, as he met Violet outside of the restaurant. He grinned down at her. She was wearing a pretty blue, aquamarine dress. "You look pretty."

"My mom bought me this dress. Had to wear it," Violet replied, jokingly.

Her mother and father approached the two of them. Jimmy grinned at both of them.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Willow. It's nice to meet you," he said. He shook Frank's hand, and hugged her mom.

"Please, call me Lisa," her mother replied.

"And, please, I'm Frank."

Throughout the night, Jimmy was actually behaving. Violet was proud of him for trying to actually impress her parents. They kind of got weary though, when he told them he wasn't going to school. And that he was in a band.

Why do parent's hate that? Violet kind of got mad at them for giving slight looks of disapproval.

"They're a really good band," Violet piped up. "Jimmy plays the drums. Double, actually. Twenty-seven cymbals."

All three of them raised an eyebrow at her. "I didn't know you were into music as much as that," her mother stated.

Jimmy grinned at her. "I didn't know you paid that much attention to me when I talk about that stuff!" It was evident in his voice that he was ecstatic that she actually listened to him praddle on about his music.

Violet blushed slightly, and nodded. "Well, of course I listen. I love your band."

Her mom let out a small, "Awe!" and Frank rolled his eyes, but was smiling at the two of them.

Later that night, Violet's mother insisted that Violet would drive with Jimmy home. So, Vi got into the car with her faux boyfriend.

"I honestly didn't think you listen to me babble about my drums," Jimmy stated, as they got out of the car. He walked her up the side walk to the door.

She nodded. "Yeah, I mean, I listen to all of you guys talk about it, but I really like the drums, so I listen to you the most."

"Well, I'm glad I entertain you. Maybe, I can teach you how to play," he stated. He pressed his lips against hers, and for a moment, both of them forgot that they weren't actually dating.

"Thanks for meeting the 'rentals," she said, wrapping him into a hug.

He chuckled. "It was my pleasure, Princess. I'll see you soon, alright?"

She nodded, and watched the tall, lanky boy walk down to his beat to hell mustang, and drive away.
♠ ♠ ♠
510.
AWE.
This is my favorite chapter yet. <3
Vi's dress.