Status: Most recent update, o9-22-o9. I'll be updating sometime next week.

What is This Feeling?

Part Thirty-Three

Image

Once again, an amazing banner by Kennedy. ! Thank you hun so much for sticking with me for such a long time. I really appreciate it!

"What took you so long?"

That was one of the many questions that I was bombarded with when I had finally arrived at the restaurant to meet Lea and Siena. It was a small eatery, the smell of espresso and steamed milk wafted through the air, wrapping around me. I felt safer than I had in a long while.

"I'm sorry you guys," I apologized whilst sitting at down in one of the chairs, "my bus was running late."

This hadn't been a complete lie since my bus did in fact run late, it just wasn't my usual one. Glancing at the menu, I settled on just some coffee and a muffin.

"Seriously, is that all you're getting?" Lea asked. I nodded. "Well don't complain to us when you get hungry."

I laughed. Lea's shopping, whether it was clothes, food, furniture could not me stopped. She was a machine, which could be both a blessing and a curse. However, the main reason why I didn't feel like eating was because I was still a little unsettled by this morning's events. Images of Frank's form, wet and barely clothed, would appear at the most inopportune times-which happened to be all of the time. At times, I could almost image his breath on my face, his wonderful scent surrounding me…

I shook my head. I couldn't be thinking these things about someone who I hated. Yet that line of hatred had become slightly more ambiguous and blurred these past few weeks.

And you can't deny, he is extremely sexy when he gets out of the shower.

I shook my head again, feeling heat rush to my cheeks. In an attempt to cool down, I fanned myself with the menu I had been holding.

"Jamie," Siena started, "are you alright? You looked flushed."

"I'm fine," I assured her, however I wasn't entirely sure myself, "it's just a little hot in here." She nodded, seeming content.

A few minutes passed and the heat still hadn't left. I was left feeling jumbled and nervous. My foot tapped incessantly upon the titled floor beneath me. I could tell it was bothering Lea, but I couldn't stop. Instead, I decided to get up and walk around a bit.

"I'll be back," I said standing, and heading in the direction of the restrooms.

Pushing through the door, I headed for the sinks and patted my heated skin with cool water. Leaning upon the porcelain ledge, I stared at my reflection. The harsh florescent lighting made my skin look drawn and pale, my eyes sunken in. Disgusted I splashed water at the mirror, immediately feeling regret and grabbed a few paper towels and wiped the mirror clean.

Looking back again, I sighed. Why did I feel so nervous? I had just begun to develop my nerves once more, and now all that work was being unraveled quickly and it was as if there was nothing that I could do. Suddenly the door opened, bringing the sounds of the commotion outside and me back to lost senses. A small girl and her mother walked in, both smiled. I found it hard to return the gesture. Turning back to the mirror, I sighed, grimaced and walked briskly out the door.

My thoughts were still jumbled as I made my way back, I didn't even notice how crowed the restaurant had become. Abruptly I bumped into another figure. Apologies spilled out of my mouth before I even realized whom I had run into.

"Jamie?" My head snapped up at the familiar voice.

"Andy?" Recovering from the sudden impact, I didn't even realize that Andy had pulled me into a bear hug until he was letting me go.

"How've you been?" he asked.

I shrugged, giving him an ambiguous answer. He laughed and I smiled. It was good to see him again. We stood talking for a few minutes before irritated customers grumbled about us taking up space. It was then that I realized he had a coffee in his hand and seemed to be heading out.

"Oh," I said with remorse, "I'm sorry. I'm holding you up."

"No," he assured me, "I was just going to do some neglected reading in the park, would you like to join me?"

My first reaction was to say 'yes' but then I remembered Siena and Lea. I told him and he understood.

"Well, whenever you get the chance," he began while to walk out towards the street, "give me a call. I'd love to get to spend some time talking. It seems like forever."

I agreed, it had been a while but things had just been so hectic. I smiled and nodded, promising to call soon. We embraced again, and as his strong arms let me go his lips found their way to my cheek and in a blink of an eye, he was gone.

Still in a slight daze, I walked back to the table to see that Siena and Lea had ordered for me and my food had arrived. They were halfway through their meals when I finally sat down. I must have been gone much longer than I had originally thought.

After assuring the both of them that, yes, I was perfectly fine just a little claustrophobic, they continued to eat. Sipping my coffee I smiled, remembering both Frank and Andy. How fickle I seemed! As soon as Andy comes back into my life, how easily I forgot Frank. I laughed to myself in an almost desolate way, then remembering the way Andy's lips felt against my skin, the remorse vanished. Lifting my hand to my cheek, I smiled.

For the first time in a long while, my life seemed to be taking a turn for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
My wonderful readers, both old and new, I'm back! My writer's block is officially gone and at the rate that I've been brainstorming, this story will be done by the end of November. I'm aiming for before Thanksgiving.
Also, the updates will be much shorter but even more frequent. Sound good?
Once again, thank you Kennedy. for the wondefully amazing banner. She is amazing and you should all send her some love. =D
As for those of you who entered my contest, thank you! I'll start having you appearances shortly.
C o m m e n t s = L o v e
iamia