Bloody Knuckles and Shotgun Shells

Everything Nice

Ashton’s POV

“Is she okay?” Joey wants to know.

“Yeah,” Alex and I reply in unison.

“She just needs a breather. I’ll go talk to her.” Alex offers.

“I put my hand on his shoulder and tell him I’m going instead. Girls are just better at talking. I catch up to Allison, who is aimlessly strolling through the bedding section.

“Hey, what’s up, babe?” I inquire, stepping beside her.

“You didn’t hear it from me, but I really like Joey. I was kind of embarrassed when Alex told the nose story. I know you loved it, but I don’t want Joey thinking I’m a loser or a skank or something.”

“He couldn’t possibly think that, dear. It was just a silly story and he obviously likes you back.”

“You think so?”

“Um, judging by the sexual comment he just made, I know so.”

“I’m glad I could get a second opinion on that… I’ve been thinking about a new plan. We need to be ready to move at any time so I think we need to take a trip to Gander Mountain to stock up on weapons.

“I know you won’t want to go so I think Joey and I will… alone. That way we can kinda get away and talk and --.”

“Screw? Yeah, nice plan.”

“No! Bitch! Ok, maybe…”

“I’m just teasing, you know.”

“It’s hard to tell sometimes.”

“So when do you want to leave?”

“Hopefully, very soon.”

“And you trust Alex and I to be totally alone for so long?”

“No, but there’s no other option.”

“True.”

Allison and I take our time making our way back to the boys. We crack jokes and push each other into things. Almost as if everything is completely normal. Allison explains her plan to Alex and Joey. Both of the boys look extremely eager to put the plan in action. Joey jumps up. He and Allison bundle up as much as possible. Alex and I hug Allison and bid them both goodbye.

“Be careful!” I yell after them.

I sigh and watch them walk out into the pitch-black night (or day). Alex doesn’t seem quite as concerned; although I know he is. He looks down at me and smirks. I know he only has one thing on his mind.

“The whole store to ourselves. Want to make something happen?”

“Do you even have to ask?”

So we make it happen. Seven times. Like it is the end of the world. Oh, wait.

Cleaning aisle, greeting cards, scrap booking, telephones, home décor, toys, hell even the diaper aisle gets some action. In fact, we end up on a bed of diapers… and clothes, which is slightly disturbing, but we sure as hell don’t give a damn.

“Would it be incredibly cliché right now if I just sighed dramatically and told you that I love you?” I ask Alex, my arm on his bare chest.

“Yes, but I’d still like to hear it.” He smiles, pulling me into his side.

“I love you, Alexander.” I sigh, closing my eyes for a few seconds.

“I love you too.” He kisses the top of my head and rolls on top of me. His lips drift to mine, my breath escaping me with every passing second.

"Again?" I whisper through a petite smile. He answers wordlessly. Yes, again, indeed. I comb my fingers through Alex’s black hair, pulling his head back forcefully.

“Oh, is that how this is gonna go?” He smirks. I nod.

I learn a few new things when Alex and I finally settle into another embrace. He has outstanding stamina and diapers are very absorbent. I’m also impressed with my own performance, quite frankly.

Alex drags his fingers down my back. I lean on him, listening to his heart beat rapidly. It’s several more minutes before either of us say a single word. Finally, Alex exhales loudly, “all right, let’s get dressed. I’m freezing.”

Alex and I hop up and help each other get our clothes back on. We return to the campsite after a quick trip to the bathroom to wash up. We sit down and cuddle up under the blankets making aimless small talk and telling stories. I silently wonder if Allison and Joey are okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love. :)

~Ashton