Bloody Knuckles and Shotgun Shells

Morning Eclipse.

Ashton’s POV

I am so glad to see Alex alive. When we found their parents I was sure he was gone too. Now there are three of us. We stand a much better chance against these nasty zombies.

I go to help get some clothes for Alex and send him off to go change into them. He feels much better once he peels the blood soaked pants and sweatshirt off. I take him to the bathroom and clean up his bloody nose. Allison sits alone in our campsite, staring at Alex and I as we walk back toward her.

“Great.” She drags. “Now I guess I’m stuck with you love birds. I may just save a bullet for myself.”

“Don’t be such a Negative Nancy, Allison. We all have the same goal here.” I snap, sticking my tongue out at her.

“Don’t get pregnant?”

I glare at Allison and sit down on the opposite side of the campsite. Alex looks at both of us with a confused look on his face.

“Let’s not have any hostility, ladies. There are way bigger things we have to worry about right now. We should probably start thinking of a plan.” He preaches.

“All right, Dr. Phil.” Allison sighs. “What do you propose?”

“Well, aren’t zombies, like, allergic to sunlight or something?” I inquire.

“Maybe? I mean, I’ve never heard of zombies being out in the day time.” Allison replies.

“So maybe they’re all ready dead and gone.” Alex smiles.

We get up and run to the front of the store. What we see through the giant glass windows stops us dead in our tracks. The sky is completely black. I look down at my watch and raise my eyebrows.

“Guys, it’s ten in the morning.” I tell them.

“You think it’s some sort of eclipse?” Alex wonders, trying to step closer to the window, but I don’t let him.

“I have no idea, but it’s fucking scary.” Allison remarks. “There are still zombies wandering around. I guess it really is the zombie apocalypse.”

“I think it’s time to start planning.”

“How did you even get in here, Alex?” Allison wants know. We’re sitting in our campsite, trying to stomach a small lunch of Ritz crackers, granola bars, and warm Gatorade.

“I saw you guys pass the house this morning,” he replies. “I tried to follow you as well as I could. I fell behind after a while and had to kill some zombies. Then I found you again outside of Target. I ran in behind you and went into the employee zone to sleep a bit. Then I heard Ashton messing around and decided to show myself.”

“You’re so clever.” Allison rolls her eyes. “So what are we going to do?”

“We just need to survive.”

“But we might be the only people left. I don’t want to have to hide from the walking dead for the rest of my life. That’s no way to live.”

“What if we draw all the zombies toward one central point and blow them up?” I suggest, thinking off the top of my head.

“That’s brilliant!” Allison exclaims. “How do we get them though?”

“Bright lights? Music? Kid’s toys?” Alex offers.

“That’s excellent! What do we make the bomb out of?”

“Gun powder and fireworks?”

“We don’t have fireworks around here.”

“I’m sure we’ll find some matches or something.”

“We can fill balloons with gasoline.”

“Febreeze makes a good flame thrower.”

“Propane tanks. I’m sure we can find tons of stuff in here. They still have all the summer items out.”

“Should we get started?”

“Yes, I think so.”

All three of us stand up and head towards the corner of the store. We need as many flammable things as possible. These zombies are going down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are absolutely lovely. We're working hard for this story.

~AsHy