Women of Anarchy: Never Look Back

Heaven Was Needing a Hero

Story Banner

Sweat started to collect on my scalp as I waited.The smoldering sun baking the small little town on the outskirts of Bagdahd. I sighed as I leaned on the side of a building. When a presence appeared beside me. His tall 6'2 frame towered over my 5'5 one.I smiled up at him and received one in return. As we began walking we started talking
"Babe I was thinking" Jason started
"Oh no thats never a good thing" I joked
"Oh ha ha very funny. But I was thinking me you and a month and a half across Europe".
"Hmm walking through the hills of Scotland" I thought out loud
"Kissing you on the Eifle Tower" he said bending his neck down to capture the side of my lips with his.
"Dancing in Barcelona like we did last year" I smiled at the memory.
"And all with the woman I love" Jason laughed pulling me into a hug I stood there taking everything in. His smell. His strength. Just everything.

Jason and I had met a few years ago when I was 18. I had left home and joined the Army and was enlisted into one a bootcamp. Jason was considered my mentor/teacher/commanding officer. Him being there a couple years before I came along he had gone through the corse himself and was teaching others the standered basic training. He was seen as the perfect fit for me. And it was. In more ways than one. Our relationship was forbiden. Atleast until I graduated, but of course we couldn't wait that long. So we kept our relationship as simple and innocent as possible. Spending our breaks together on the California beach or at his family's ranch in Tennessee. Once I had graduated Jason left the school/camp and was able to talk his way into being placed with my troop to go to Afganhistan. Ten years later here we are. We had been engaged almost two years, but with both of us being deployed overseas it was difficult to plan a wedding. But we both soon wanted to retire both having reached high levels in ranks, and seen most of the world. We both wanted to go and live on the ranch. He would resume his title as President of his motorcycle club the Hidalgo's and I would be his Ole' Lady. A life I knew well from my own childhood.

My father helped found the Son's of Anarchy with his two best friends John Teller and Piney Winston. John was president and my dad was his right hand man. John passed away leaving behind his wife Gemma and the only son he had left and my best friend Jackson Teller or Jax. Jax and I grew up with Piney's son Harry or Opie. Out of the original members I was the only daughter born so Opie and Jax were given the responsibility to take care and protect me. The motorcycle world was home to me.My family. It was the only thing I knew so when I decided to leave for the Army it scared me. I had never walked alone always being scared of no one being beside me to help through the challenges and struggles. I was also afraid of knowing I would have to fight. I had never had to fight someone had always fought for me. In a way Jax and Opie had made me weak in a sence because I couldn't do this things. The things the club wanted to protect me from never expecting me to leave Charming, California. But Jason has helped me. I wasn't weak anymore...

After walking about a mile we had just stepped into the town square when the school bell rang. Jason and I found ourselves playing with the young children and talking to them like we did almost everyday. I laughed as a boy grabbed Jason's dark black sunglasses from his face and put them on himself. Jason looked up at me from his kneeling position and smiled at me with his hazel eyes sparking with happiness. A certain boy caught my attention he was older maybe 10 clutching something to his chest. He looked scared to death but held a certain determenation with each step he took. I stood up to go talk to him when Jason held out a hand to stop me before following him himself across the street past a single car and into an alley way.

I continued playing with the kids stealing quick glances to where I had last seen Jason. Suddenly Jason ran out the alley.
"Dixie!! Get everybody down!!!!". Before I could do anything a loud explosion filled the air I looked up from where I had fallen and saw the body of a car rising into the air on a cloud of smoke and fire before falling causing the ground to shake as it landed. I quickly looked over the kids and they mostly were all just shaken. I ran to where I had last seen Jason running.
"Jason!!" I called out no response. After calling out for him a few more times I started to cry.
"Jason?!?!" I called out once more. I heard a groan and quickly ran to where it came from. His body was covered in ash and rubble
"Jason baby" I cried softly. He opened his eyes
"Dixie...." at the moment I noticed the large blood stain on his abdomen I quickly placed my hands over it and applied pressure.
"Jason everythings going to be ok...ok? We are going to go home and get married then your going to take your place back as President of the Club and we are going to start a family" I rambled on. He reached up and pulled my helmet off letting my hair fall around me. He ran his hands through my hair the best he could without moving his body.
"I love you Dixie Lee" he choked out his eyes growing duller as he cupped my cheek.
"No Jason dont do this to me!!!".
"I love you dont forget that Dixie. I'll always love you......." he said with a sigh before his hand dropped from my cheek.
"I love you too God I love you please!!" I begged. He gave me a sad small smile before his eyes closed. I let out a pained cry and cried harder as I placed my head on his chest and closed my eyes hoping it was all a bad dream.

I opened my eyes and looked around the police car with a small pain in my head.
"Sorry about the bump there Dixie. Didnt mean to wake you" Wayne Unser smiled at me from the driver's seat.
"Its ok" I said fighting back a yawn. Its been a three days since Jason's death and I hadnt had a full nights sleep since. I sighed as we passed a sign reading 'Welcome to Charming' nothing had really changed in the small town.
"Thanks again Mr.Unser for the ride from the airport and not telling anybody" I told him. He smiled slightly
"Its no problem at all Dixie and you dont have to say Mr.your not 11 anymore." . I nodded and felt my stomach flip as we passed the Teller-Morrow garage. Wayne Unser was a nice older man and my hometown of Charming's chief of police. Though currently suffering from cancer he still looked good and realtivly healthy from my point of view. We pulled off onto an old dirt road that was all to familiar to me before pulling up infront of a house with motorcycles parked out in the fron yard.
"Thanks again" I said as I stepped out and grabbed my bag from the backseat.
"Hey Dixie" I leaned into the window of the closed door.
"Welcome home....soldier"he grinned before driving away. I sighed before walking up to the front door and quietly opening the door. I heard the faint sound of Motley Crue from what sounded like the living room. I peeked into the dining room and saw the backs of the Sons of Anarchy leather cuts with the reaper adorning the back. They were all standing around my father when my mom walked with a cake in hand before everyone joined in a rather funny chorus of happy birthday before they all gave him a pat on the back.

"Happy Birthday ole' man" I said stepping out from behind the wall and leaning on the doorframe. Everyones attention was turned to me. My dad stood up
"Dixie?" he breather
"hey daddy" I said trying my best to give him a smile he walked over with a slight limp in his leg and gathered me in a hug.
"I missed you baby girl"
"I missed you too daddy" I cried finally letting my tears fall. After hugging him I was gathared into a sort of group hug as everyone tried to pull me in for their own hug. After I wenth through and gave each individual person their hug from Opie,Tig, Clay, Chibs,Juice, Will,Bobby,Piney, Luann, Gemma, and my mom. As I turned away from hugging my mom I felt strong arms wrap around me before a familiar smell hit me. Jax. I awkwardly wrapped my arms around him and he seemed to hold me longer than anyone else had but the awkwardness seemed to fade away and be replaced with comfort and protection. He pulled away and looked at me before I pulled away from him completly.
"I looked down at my engagment ring as I twirled it around my finger. Every one was quiet before my mom pulled me into a tight hug where I cried yet again.This time much more distraught.

"He's dead! Oh God momma he's dead!" I sobbed into her shoulder

Before long everyone had left after giving me a hug. I was standing outside saying bye to the guys when only Jax and a few others were left. Jax was standing there with me smoking.
"I missed you princess" he said looking at me
"I missed you too Jax" I said in a voice barely above a whisper.
"I got to go we have church soon" he said stepping on his cigarette. He pulled me into a hug
"Call me if you need anything ok" I nodded and he got on his bike and left. Clay came out of the house and placed a hand on my shoulder
"Im so sorry about Jason" he replied sincerely "SAMCRO is going to be at the funeral to show our respect to The Hidalgo's President"
I nodded "Thank you Clay" I whispered hugging him. He gave me a small smile before leaving followed by Luanne and Gemma who each hugged me aswell. I stood outside alittle longer and looked up at the stars I had forgotten how beautiful the stars were here.Will and my dad walked out pulling on his own cut.
"Hey doll"
"Hey daddy"
"do me a favor and get some rest ok?"
"I will daddy be careful"
"I always am Love you" he said getting on his bike
"Love you too".
Will stood there looking at me. "How are you holding up?" he asked
"Im being able to hide the tears long enough untill I can get behind a closed door and be alone except for tonight. Then reality sets in that he is not coming back. And I cry myslef to sleep" I said softly. He walked over and hugged me
"No one expects you to be strong after something like this" he whispered. I nodded before Will kissed my forehead and got on his bike. I walked back inside and quickly helped my mom clean up before going upstairs and showering before I tried to get a few hours of sleep in.

Dixie's parents house
♠ ♠ ♠
The Chapter's song