Women of Anarchy: Never Look Back

No More Running

Sun rays rained through the open window warming the exposed skin of my back. I yawned burring my face deeper into the nook of Jax's neck inhailing the masculine scent of Malborrow Reds, stale whisky, his collagne and the faint salty aroma of the beach. His hand held mind on his chest the other wrapped around my waist his fingers gently creeping across the skin creating goosebumps.

I relunctently opened my eyes and peeked up at Jax. He smiled sleepily.

"Morning darlin'"

"MM" I moaned burring my face back into his chest "Morning"

"You know we have to leave today?" he whispered kissing the top of my head.

"Mm don't remind me." I grumbled.

"I know. It was nice. The beach, the sex, having you all to myself, seeing you walk around naked most of the time." he mused. "Remind me again why you can't do that back at home?"

I chuckle "because your mother has the tendency to come over unannounced and without knocking."

"Right" he laughed. "Well we better get up and get the stuff together so we can get back home before dark."

I sighed and pulled myself up the sheet falling pooling around my waist I ran a hand through my wild mane and slid out of the bed walking to the bathroom.

"D*mn" Jax mumbled.

A shiver danced up my spine as the cool tile tickled my bare feet. I glanced at my reflection but took a double take.

"JACKSON NATHANIAL TELLER!!" I yell hearing him burst with laughter.

I glance over the numerous blackish blue mark along my skin with shock. Jax steps into the bathroom and hides his smirk behind his hand. I slowly turned to him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're dead!" I stated before taking off after him. I chased him around the room it echoing with our laughter before he turned around on me and grabbing me by my hips and throwing me on the bed. He advanced on me kissing my lips softly.

I readjusted my black long sleeve top again making sure it hid all my hickies. I cursed Jax again in my head as I pulled my hair in a pony tail and slid my ray-bans infront of my eyes. I bounded down the stairs and took one more good look around before walking out the door and locking it behind me.

Jax was closing the last saddle bag when he turned to me smirking with a shake of his head about my attire and the reason for it.

"Oh shut up" I grumbled stradling the bike behind him. The others had taken my car back the day they left so it was just Jax, me and his harley for atleast an hour maybe two.

The ride was enjoyable but long by then end of it I was hot, tired, and my butt was numb. We pulled into Tellor-Morrow a little after 3 when everything was windinig down for the day.

Walking into the clubhousea chorus of greeting was exchanged which Jax and I returned. I went through and hugged all the guys Gemma was waiting.

"We need to talk" she said just as I had supected. I nodded and followed her to the bar where we sat on the bar stools and I could feel her gaze on my for a long time as I twirled my ring arounnd my finger anxiously.

"You can't just keep running away when things start to get hard baby" she began softly "You bout near killed Jax worrying about you."

"I know Gem. I was stressed, and I know thats no excuse but when I'm upset I either need to hit something or drive and driving seemed better than the latter."

"You do realize you could have easily been killed. Chibs said Kohn could have easily over doesed you and not even have known it."

I sat in silence feeling even more guilty.

"You're not a little kid anymore Dixie. You've grown up into a fine strong beautiful woman. But you're also an important part of this club. Something ever happens to you do you have any idea what would happen to SAMCRO? Bout d*mn near fell apart after you left the first time. But what I'm saying is you can't just think of yourself in these situations. Clay had all the charters out searching for you. All the boys love you and you know that. I understand you were stresed and I understand you needed to think but next time you want to up and leave just think of the guys. Let one of 'em know where you're going, take one of 'em with you. Just don't put my baby boy through that hell again. Ok?"

I nodded a mix of guilt, regret and flattery knawing at my insides. Flattery on how much I apparently meant to the club and guilt and regret for putting them through such hell. Gemma pulled me into a hug and hugged her back tightly. Wiping at the few tears burning my eyes.

"Potluck tonight at my house. 8:00. Got it?"

I nodded and returned back to the boys. We all talked about an hour longer before Jax and I decided to go home so we could shower and I could whip something up for the dinner tonight.

I slipped on my last heel and readjusted the teal jeans adorning my legs. It took me awhile but I had finally covered the majority of the hickies with makeup. Slipping my earrings into my ear as I made my way down the hall Jax pulled his cell away from his ear.

"Wow." He breathed turning to me "Don't you look beautiful" he smiled pulling me in by my waist to him. He tucked a piece of hair behind me ear and caressed my cheek pulling my face in for a kiss.

"Ready" I asked straightening his cut. He nodded and I went to the kitchen grabbing the green salad I had whipped up.

"I'll meet you at mom's I gotta swing by the club and grab something." he said as I opened the door to my car.

"Ok. Everything ok?" i asked eyeing him through my Ray-bans. The setting sun reflecting off his blonde locks.

"Yeah of course. Everything is fine. See you there." he kissed my lips quickly before jogging to his bike and taking off.

Gemma, mom and I bustled around the kitchen putting the last few touches on dinner. Luann was staying late working on something at work and couldn't stop by. So it was just the three of us to fend for ourselves. With the table prepared I set the dishes out on the table finally setting the last ice filled glass down I heard the purring of a motorcycle engines creating a small smile on my face.

"Here come our boys.." mom muses behind me.

Soon the room is filled with deep voices and laughs as everyone greets the others. Soon enough Clay orders everyone to sit down. Clay at the head of the table Gemma to his left then Tig, Will, Chibs, and myself, Jax heading the other end of the table, Juice, half-sack, Piney, mom and dad on the other. Opie was at home with Donna and the kids. She still wasn't approving of the club.

We laced hands in the routine prayer that Clay normally led before everyone dug in. Music played softly from the living room dancing with the laughs and cheerful conversation. I chew throughtfully watching my family. All with genuine happy smiles on their faces, throwing their head back in laughter. I had missed this. I sat back in my chair taking it all in.

I felt a pressure on my knee and looked to see Jax giving me a questioning look. I gave him a smile.
"you ok" he mouthed worried.

"Perfect" I leaned in and kissed him softly.

I dried another plate before passing it to mom.

"Dixie what are you doing this Saturday?" Gemma asked dipping her hands into the soapy water.

"Nothing that I know of really. I think Jax was talking about getting some things our of storage for Abel but other than that nothing" I answered wiping at my forehead. "Why?"

"I'm hosting my annual fundraiser at the high school and I'm going to need all the help I can get."

"Oh yeah. Well count on me I'll be there." I said giving her a smile
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=Chapters
outfit1
outfit2