Women of Anarchy: Never Look Back

The Next Morning

A splitting headache awoke me from my slumber the sound of a shower running played softly in the background. I pried my eyes open only to close them again from the blinding sunlight. A groan escaped my lips as I turned onto my other side and slowly opened my eyes again this time being met with the dark side of a dorm room. Confusion filled my head and then panic. I quickly sat up and yelped softly grabbing my head. I looked around and noticed my clothes along with a man’s were scattered along the floor. I looked down and noticed I was wearing a white NASCAR shirt that was too big for me. I looked closer at the man’s clothes and realized the black t shirt and jeans were what Eric was wearing last night. Only one logical explanation made sense in this. I slept with Eric. ‘No! Oh God no!!’ I thought as I ran a hand through my tangled hair tears threatening to break loose. ‘No! no! NO!’ I kept repeating in my head trying to fight off tears. Suddenly the door opened and Eric walked out of the bathroom steam rising around him. His hair was wet and clinging to his face as he walked in wearing only his jeans.

“Morning Dixie” he greeted warmly.I remained silent as he sat on the end of the bed letting it sink slightly as he dug through his bag.

“Eric..” He turned to look at me and his entire composure changed.

“Dixie” he jumped from where he was and sat beside me. “what’s wrong?”

“Eric” I whispered “did……did we…..?” I couldn’t bring myself to say it. I had never slept with anybody that I had known less than a week. I took a deep breath building up courage in the process.

“Did we sleep together?” I asked on the verge of shaking. Too much emotion building up for me to be able to keep my voice even.

“You don’t remember do you? Doesn’t surprise me” he said running his hand through his wet hair . I looked up at him confused and still worried. He sighed heavily. “What was the last thing you remember about last night?”

I thought images of kisses, touches, clothes being thrown left and right filled my head but after I hit the bed nothing. Urgh all this thinking and stress was making my head ache worse!

“I just remember us coming to your room and kissing and –and touching but after that it’s just blank.” I whispered moving my head to look down at my hands.

“ Once you hit the bed you passed out Dixie. Too much alcohol I guess. So I just changed you out of your clothes and let you sleep. I swear I didn’t do anything. I would never take advantage of a woman like that.”

I released a sigh of relief I didn’t realize I was holding and evaluated the situation. I made out with Eric and then passed out before anything happened.

“Sh*t! I’m sorry Eric I probably left you with blue balls!” I exclaimed hiding my face with my hands.
His loud laughter filled the room as he wrapped me in his arms bringing me to him.

“It’s fine hun. Seriously. But there is one thing I want to ask you” I pulled away from his chest and looked up at him expectantly.

“Will you uh- be my girlfriend?” he asked. Now it was my time to think again. Should I say yes or no? Jason has only been gone a month. Is it too soon? I don’t want to get hurt again. What about Jax?
What about Jax? That question seemed to stick out more than any other. But he has Tara….he clearly doesn’t want me.

“Now is the time to say something.” Eric laughed nervously.

“I would love to. Yes.” I smiled sitting up on my knees to kiss his smiling face. My lips met his bit I felt nothing.

“I’m gonna go shower”

“Ok”

I stood up with Eric and waited as he dug out a t shirt for me. I smiled a thanks and went back to the bathroom. I locked the door and started the shower taking my time removing the NASCAR shirt , my bra, and underwear before stepping underneath the hot water.
After my shower I changed into the shirt Eric had given me and walked out to the dorm slipping on my jean shorts. I giggled at the fact that the shirt was so long it covered my shorts it made me feel small. I walked out of the dorm and towards the bar. Most of the guys were crowded around the bar sipping on coffee along with Gemma and my mom. I ran a hand through my wet hair and yawned as I reached out for the cup of coffee Bobby was offering me. I smiled at him and took a sip before setting the cup down. I began digging through cabinets trying to find some aspirin. I stood up and sighed when two strong arms wrapped around my waist and a kiss was placed on my cheek. A grin found its way to my face as Eric leaned his head on my shoulder.

“Looking for these” he spoke holding a bottle in front of me.

“Yes. Thank you sweetie. You’re a life savior.” I craned my neck and caught his lips in an innocent
kiss before taking two tablets and drowning them with my coffee.

“I gotta go help Hap and I got some stuff to do. I’ll see you later” he gave me another kiss on the lips before pulling away. Everyone’s eyes were on me.

“What?” I asked curiously pulling my hair over one shoulder as I leaned on the counter.

“What was all that about?” Gemma asked. I shrugged.

“Are you two together?” my mom spoke up.

“Yeah. We are.” I grinned happily. “He makes me happy.”
At this point a stole a glance over at Jax his cigarette hanging in his hand and an intense glare forming in his eyes as he stared at the bar. He quickly shot a glance up at me where I returned his glare as I sipped at my coffee………….
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS=CHAPTERS