Don't look back!

Ash vs. Wattson.

Image

". . .Whaddafuckisthat?"

I couldn't help but twitch at the larger than life Pokeball, rolling around upon the floor like some sort of rolley-polley psychopath.

Rather than earning an answer to my question, I was presented with a withering stare.

"W-What a foul mouth!" Squeaked the Gym Leader's assistant, gawking at me.

Turning towards him, I allowed a twisted smirk to overtake my lips.

"There's a reason that the word Kilowatt exists, man."

Needless to say, good ol' Watty shrunk back.

"Delaney, are you always so malevolent. . .?" Max inquired, adjusting his glasses.

"I could be a lot less so if you tell me what that thing is. ~" I bargained, grinning cheekily.

Max exhaled slowly as I swung a casual arm around his shoulders.

"That's a - "

"MY PRIZED VOLTORB'S SO FULL OF FIGHTING SPIRIT, IT'S SHOCKING! OHOH~!"

Wattson cackled as he stared affectionately down upon his orb-like partner.

After realizing that he was no longer needed, Max shrugged out of my embrace and made a beeline for his friend Brock.

"Ah, so that thing really is a Pokemon, huh? What a troll." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"How is it a troll?" May questioned, quirking a brow.

"Well, what else would you call something that looks like a Pokeball but is really a Pokemon? Geez, Kami-Sama must have some kind of humour to have created a thing like that. . ." I murmured, nodding as if to prove my point.

"CAN YOU STOP HAVING PLEASANT CONVERSATION HERE?! I'M TRYING TO HAVE A MATCH!" Ash bellowed, turning to glare at me.

"CHUUU!" His little rodent added for emphasis.

"Oh, teeeeeeeheee ♥ ~ Don't mind us, Ashy-poo!" I responded, batting my eyelashes at him innocently.

"Ugh. . ." Ash groaned, going on to mutter something incoherent about how nobody was going to ruin a gym battle for him and such.

"PIKACHU! I CHOOSE YOU!" He roared.

On cue, his partner sprinted forward into the war zone.

"Pikachu!" It exclaimed, sparks flying from red blotted cheeks.

"OHOH~! My, oh my! I knew you had spunk kid! Choosing an Electric Type right off the bat!" Wattson spouted and he sounded absolutely delighted whilst doing so.

"He's starting with Pikachu, wow!" May blurted as if she was highly impressed.

"I get it," Brock nodded, placing a burly hand to his chin.

"Ash is gonna jump right into this battle head on!" Brock declared.

"Ohohahaha~! GREAT! SUPER! BUT, you asked for this, kid!" Wattson exclaimed.

Without further ado, Wattson sent his first pick into battle.

"USE SWIFT, MAGNEMITE!" Wattson ordered.

In compliance, the magnetic contraption of a Pokemon sent an array of stars heading Pikachu's way.

"Magnemite!"

"Pikachu, dodge and use Thunderbolt!" Ash countered quickly.

On his command, the little rat-beast did just that.

"Tch. Electric attacks are useless against my Pokemon, Ash!" Wattson reasoned.

After all, every good trainer knows about type advantages and disadvantages. . .

But apparently not every Pokemon does, because Magnemite got knocked the heck out.

"Wah. . .but how?" Wattson squeaked as Magnemite fell to the floor with the dreaded X_X face.

"Uh. . .MAGNEMITE CANNOT BATTLE, PIKACHU WINS~!" Watt stuttered, waving his little flag.

"Good job, Pikachu!" Ash praised. "Pika - chuu ~" His rat-beast nodded.

"Good jobbbbb, Pikachu!" I mimicked, resisting the urge to gag.

"Wow! He K.O.'d Magnemite with one attack!" Max gasped, causing my little bout of mockery to go virtually unnoticed.

"Unbelievable. . ." May whispered.

"What's unbelievable is how strong that Thunderbolt Attack is!" Brock whistled.

"WAHAHAHAHA! I guess for every rule there's an exception!" Wattson reasoned.

However, I found myself paying more attention to his ever changing laugh.

It went from wacky to wackier to. . .maniacal? I think I like it. XD

"Now Voltorb, use SCREECH!" Wattson ordered.

Much to my excitement, the little TROLL-kemon rolled onto the feild.

Before Ash could call out a counter-attack to the screams that were about to ensue from Voltorb's mouth, I decided to voice my appreciation.

"GOOOO VOLTORB! You're awesome!" I began, grinning wildly.

"PIKACHU USE - wait! Delaney, what the heck are you doing?!" Ash cried incredilously, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Pika-Pika. . .?" Pikachu questioned, narrowly dodging Voltorb's attack.

"Being supportive ~" I winked.

"Yeah, but you're supposed to be supportive towards me, not my opponent's. . .ah, forget it! Pikachu use thunderbolt one more time!" Ash proclaimed, resisting the urge to face-palm.

And just like that, it was over for my dear friend Voltorb the troll.

"Whaa. . .? Again? You did it twice in a row with one attack?" Wattson inquired, obviously taken aback.

"Voltorb's unable to battle, Pikachu wins!" Watt stated with a lot less hesitation this time around.

"Now, Magneton! Let's show them a real Electric Attack, ZAP CANNON!" Wattson commanded.

Ash didn't even falter in his rebuttal and instead he smirked.

"Alright Pikachu, use Thunder!"

Unfortunately for Wattson, this round yeilded the same results as the last.

"MAGNETON IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! PIKACHU IS THE WINNER, AND THIS MATCH GOES TO ASH FROM PALLET TOWN!" Watt proclaimed in slight disbelief.

As Ash's smirk widened, he repeated one simple statement like a broken record.

"Great job, Pikachu~"

-♥-

"Pikachu is clearly sick, Delaney."

"Nahh, he's just a drama queen!"

"He's sick!"

"That's totez TaurosCrap, man!"

"CH-CH-Chuuu ~"

I really wasn't apt to believe that there was anything wrong with an a Pokemon that was suddenly that strong. Or, at least I wasn't until it cuddled up to me.

"W-What are you doing, you damn rat?" I squeaked, shying away from Pikachu's touch.

In response to my query, Pikachu merely nuzzled further into my unwilling embrace.

"Pika." It murmured, sparks shooting from its tiny little cheeks.

I resisted the urge to cringe at the sudden pain I felt from making contact with such a thing and instead settled upon accepting defeat.

"Okay, something is definitely wrong with your partner." I reluctantly responded.

And I guess there really had to be.

After all, rather than the lightning bolts flying from his cheeks and the pale yellow coloring to his fur, something was definitely wrong if the person Pikachu wanted to cuddle was me.

You see, it was roughly a half-hour after Ash had totally crushed Wattson in his Gym Battle and subsequently earned the Dynamo Badge. The gang and I originally planned upon going out to eat in a victory celebration of sorts when all of the sudden Pikachu started acting up and Ash suddenly started spouting nonsense about how Pikachu was sick and we needed to tend to him right away. Thus, it only makes sense that the Mauville City Pokemon Center is where we should end up.

"Hello, what seems to be the matter?" The resident Nurse Joy Inquired, finally approaching the counter in order to help us.

Her gaze flickered from person to person before finally resting upon the sight of a ill Electric Type craddled within my arms.

"Oh, Miss. Is your Pikachu alright?" Nurse Joy called, her tone laced with worry.

I could have barfed on the spot.

"As if - "

"P-Pikachu, Pika. . .~" Pikachu mumbled pathetically, shifting a bit.

Against my will, my gaze softened.

"This is Ash's Pikachu and. . .I don't think so." I informed her curtly before deciding that forcibly shoving the frail little thing into her grasp would be the best option.

"O-Oh, Good Heavens! Well, I'll go run some tests. . .don't worry, and please wait patiently for our return." Nurse Joy elaborated before walking off with Pikachu in her arms towards what I'm assuming was some secretive and ultimately sterile back room.

"Pikachu. . ." Ash sighed out anxiously at the same time as May spouted, "Poor Pikachu!"

Not knowing what else to do, I placed a comforting hand on Ash's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Ashy-poo. It could have been worse. . .he could be dead!"

Needless to say, everyone groaned.

-♥-

"Ash, I was wondering if your Pikachu has been exposed to any high voltage lately. . ."

This was the very first thing Nurse Joy said upon returning, fifteen minutes later.

Immediately, my mind recalled the mechanical Raikou incident, and I'm sure Ash's did as well.

After Ash explained to Nurse Joy about this very situation, she pursed her lips in dismay.

"I see, well he has very high electric levels in comparison to normal." Nurse Joy explained.

". . .So?" I probed, wondering exactly what this meant.

"So, Pikachu is overcharged right now." She answered calmly.

In response, Ash gasped. "What does that mean, Nurse Joy?"

"When an Electric Pokemon like your Pikachu is overcharged, it enables them to have a lot of power in their electric attacks for a short period of time." Nurse Joy confirmed.

"Oh! So that's why Pikachu's thunder was so effective!" Brock declared suddenly.

"Yeah, you're right, Brock!" May nodded fervently.

Before anything more could be said, Watt came storming into the Pokemon Center.

"Nurse Joy! Nurse Joy! Have you seen Wattson. . .?!" Watt squeaked upon arrival.

At Watt's inquiry, Ash blinked. "Are you saying that Wattson's missing?"

"Yes, you could say that! I haven't seen him since-" Watt began, trailing off.

"Since he came here a few moments ago to drop off his Pokemon. He did seem rather down earlier, so it's probably a pretty safe bet that he's at his favorite spot now." Nurse Joy elaborated.

"His favorite spot. . .?" Brock probed, blinking(although it's not like anyone would be able to tell that, kufufu xD).

"Yes, the lake next to the abandoned Power Plant." Nurse Joy revealed.

"Oh, well then, don't worry, Watt! We'll find him! :D"

And thus began the epic adventure to save the Sultan of Static, the Santa of Shock, the Wizard of Watts, otherwise known as. . .that crazy old Gym Leader.

Ugh. I don't know whether to be tired or excited. -__-