Status: done!

Forgotten Myself

Chapter 1

The sun burned through her eyelids until Kylie eventually gave in and opened her eyes, turning her head so the light wouldn’t burn her eyes. Suddenly, Kylie gasped and sat up. She looked around at her surroundings and realized that she doesn’t know where she is.

Standing up, Kylie realized that the ground was full of white, chalky rocks. No matter where she looked, there were white, chalky rocks. The sky above her head was black and the sun seemed so far, yet so near. As she walked back and forth, Kylie tried to remember where she is and how she got here. However, thinking about those two things just made her realize that she didn’t even know who she is. Sure, she knew her name is Kylie. But everything else? She forgot.

“Kylie.” A hand gently touched her back. Kylie jumped and her hair swished around her face. She swirled around and immediately went into a fighting stance. Kylie calmed down a little when she noticed the hand belonged to a girl that was about her height, but she kept her stance.

“Kylie. Don’t….don’t you remember me? I won’t hurt you.” The girl said. Her hair was separated into two ponytails and she wore camouflage clothes. On her right wrist was a digital watch.

“Who….are you?” Kylie hung her hands at her sides and examined the girl curiously. The girl gasped, “You don’t remember? Oh no! Youslippedattheedgeandbumpedyourhead…Ithoughtyoudgetbetterbutyoulostyourmemory!!” The girl fell onto the ground.

“I…don’t understand what you said.” Kylie replied.

The girl sobbed then answered, “Yesterday, we decided to look for this treasure,” she holds up a treasure map, “it said that we’ll find our most precious treasure. You said you wanted to look for it and so I went with you. We went for hours and eventually, the treasure map led us to here. We were about to dig when you accidentally tripped and fell into this ditch!” She started sobbing harder, “And…and…and then you hit your head really loud! I thought you’d be okay….but…but....” Kylie knelt down and patted the girl’s back.

“But who are you? Who am I?” Kylie whispered. The girl turned around and hugged Kylie tightly. Kylie continued to pat the girl’s back, imagining the stream of tears falling down her face. After a few hours, the girl finally settled down and held Kylie’s hand. She began to pull Kylie.

“Kylie, think! Think! I believe in you! You can’t just forget!” The girl dragged Kylie to the left, then to the right, pointing out places and talking about them.

“That rock! We had lunch there yesterday! And you see that bush over there? We played a game of hide-and-seek and you found me behind it! You see this?” The girl pointed to a pendent on her shirt, “It was a present to both of us from our mother. You have one also, see?’ The girl pointed to an identical pendent on Kylie’s shirt.

Kylie lifted it up and examined it. The purple gems mixed with blue to spell out the word “KÄRLEK”. Holding it up, Kylie watched the sun’s light reflecting off the gem. Suddenly, Kylie threw the pendent with all her might towards the ground. It was as if time slowed down as the girl next to Kylie gasped and watched the pendent fall towards the ground and then split into multiple parts.

“I DON’T CARE ABOUT THIS! I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU! OR YOUR PARENTS! OR MINE! ALL I CARE ABOUT IS WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM! THERE’S NO POINT TO LIFE IF I DON’T KNOW WHO I AM!” Kylie shouted. She then turned away and ran away form the girl as fast as she could. The girl watched Kylie cover her eyes. As Kylie continued to run, the girl could’ve swore that she saw a tear fly from Kylie’s eyes.

The girl sighed and glanced down at her watch. The numbers “11:11” stared back at her. Looking at Kylie one last time, the girl closed her eyes and began to make a wish.

“Someone out there… please let Kylie remember. Please let her remember her life with her family. And please, let her remember me, her best friend, and…..her twin sister.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, may be a bit..........bad.