Status: Completed.

My Escapade

Lying

I stared at my college paper, out of words. The paper was due Monday, and it was Sunday night. I had completed it, but I felt that it was lacking it some areas, so I was going over it. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, my classes were in the morning and ended in the afternoon, and Tuesday and Thursdays, they ran from afternoon to early evening. Due to this, I worked at the Times on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Friday after class.

Finally satisfied with the essay, I saved the document and printed it out. I went to bed and was out like a light.

The following day was moderately uneventful. After class, I began my article on Jaxin, starting it off with our past, and typing up our meeting. I saved it and sent it to Mr. Cranford, then went to sleep.

--

“WALKER!” Mr. Cranford practically roared, and I jumped, not quite prepared for loud noises or conferencing with people due to the fact that I hadn’t only taken three sips of my coffee.

“Yessir?” I asked, stopping in front of his office, where he had called my name from.

“Still jumpy? Maybe you should consider some pills for that. Anyways, come here.” He motioned for me to come in.

I did as he said.

“Well, what happened?”

“Uh, did you not get my article?” I asked, slightly confused.

He waved his hand dismissively. “Article, shmarticle. I want to hear this in person. I’ll read the article later.”

I nodded and told how Jaxin and I had “met.”

“And now what?” he asked once I was done.

“Well,” I said slowly, “Ethan told me to not do anything, and he’d find out a place where I could ‘bump into’ Jaxin. I would tell him that I lost his number. Supposedly, he’s supposed to flirt with me and try and win me back over, and give me his number again. Then— ”

Mr. Cranford held his hand up. “Let’s get that far, and we’ll go from there.”

I nodded.

“Good work, Walker,” he said, and I knew it was my dismissal.

“Thank you, sir.” I got out of the chair and left.

I sat down in my cubicle and sighed. Ethan was supposed to arrive the following day, and he’d tell me where to find Jaxin on Thursday.

--

Thursday arrived all too soon. I walked into the office and set my stuff down in my cubicle, knowing Ethan would find me.

“Rory!” I turned to see a very tan Ethan, who pulled me into a hug.

I laughed. “Hey there, Mr. Newlywed.”

He smiled. “Okay, I found out where you’re going to meet Jaxin.” Ethan was never one to beat around the bush.

This was it. Oh jeez. “Where?”

“The Escapade is going to a club to celebrate the successful end of the tour. However, at the same place, my friend is having a birthday party. I’m going to stop it to wish him a happy birthday and give him a present, and you can go with me. You can stay and hang out with my friend—Andrew—and find a way to bump into Jaxin. Got it?”

I nodded. “Totally.”

“So, you know exactly what to do?”

I nodded. “Yes.” I knew what to do, it doesn’t mean I was going to be able to do this.

Ethan, almost reading my thoughts, asked, “Can you do this?”

“Yes,” I answered indignantly.

“You sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure!”

I should stop lying. It’s bad for the soul.
♠ ♠ ♠
Go back to chapter 5 and read the Author's Note, please. I edited some stuff for this to make sense.

I know it's a filler chapter. ><;

Thanks to
end.of.forever
drummerforthemasses
nicholas joseph;

for commenting.

DON'T BE A SILENT READER. <3

--Kat