Status: Completed.

My Escapade

Mission

I can do this. I can do this.

I got out of Ethan’s car, taking deep, steadying breaths.

“You sure?” Ethan inquired.

I hadn’t realized that I was talking out loud. Oops. “Yeah, totally.”

“Alrighty. Let’s do this thing.” He straightened his shirt, and I straightened my skirt, and we got in line for the club. Upon being admitted, Ethan dragged me over to his friends. He introduced me quickly, then pushed me off into the crowd to see if, on the off chance, I would run into Jaxin.

I hung around the side for a little, before earning myself a rather harsh message from Ethan telling me that yes, he could see me, and no, being a wimp would not work in this situation.

I sighed and walked over to the bar, ordering a Coke, since I was underage (but only by a few months).

I looked up at the VIP section on the section floor, and I managed to see Mike, the drummer of the Escapade, walk down from the section towards the bar.

I contemplated going up to him and asking him if he could get Jaxin to come down here. He stood next to me and ordered some complicated-sounding drink. While waiting for his drink, he looked around. He glanced at me and grinned. I smiled back.

I saw his jaw drop a little and he turned back to face me. “Rory?” he asked.

Oh. Shit.

“Who?” I asked.

Mike must’ve thought I didn’t hear him, for he yelled, “RORY?”

I put on my best I-don’t-know-what-the-hell-you’re-talking-about face. “What are you talking about?”

“You’re Rory! Rory…” He paused, thinking, then snapped his fingers. “Walker! Rory Walker!”

“No…” I said slowly. “My name’s Alison.”

“No, no. You look exactly like her! Except for the fact that you’re skinny. And don’t wear glasses. And your face is really clear.”

I laughed. “That sounds like a magical change. Can a person change like that?”

“Oh.” Mike peered at my face. “You have a mighty fine point there.”

Changing the subject, I asked, “Hey, you’re from The Escapade, right?”

He nodded.

“Did you guys play at a wedding about a week ago? For the Wallaces?” I asked.

He nodded once more.

“Oh. Well, you guys are great!” I told him.

He smiled. “Thanks. We’ve come a long way since playing in my shitty garage.” He laughed, then thanked the bartender for the drink.

I grinned. “I bet.” He smiled and turned to leave when I said, “Hey, listen. Tell your band mates that you guys gained some new fans at the wedding, will ya?”

He nodded. “Cheers,” he said, and took a sip from his drink as he walked away.

Hopefully, he would tell Jaxin that he met this chick who looked an awful lot like Rory Walker, and Jaxin would immediately jump to his feet and come find me.

I wasn’t in total faith of it, but anything could happen.

I hung out with some people near the bar, and to not look like a total loser, danced a little. When things got too sweaty, I took a bathroom break. The bathroom was right next to the stairs, and I lingered there for a minute, contemplating walking up, but decided against it. I wanted him to come to me.

I stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes, trying to cool off. I fixed my hair and straightened my shirt and shirt before grabbing my purse and walking back into the pulsing room. I passed by the stairs and heard someone yell, “Alison!”

I remembered, Oh yeah, that’s me, and turned my head. Jaxin was bounding down the stairs. “Hey!”

I smiled. “Oh, hey!”

He grinned. “Mike told me he talked to some girl named Alison who matched your description. Thought I’d say hi.”

I smiled. “Hi.”

“So, why didn’t you come up to see us, if you knew we were here?” he asked.

I shrugged. “Thought you probably wouldn’t remember me.”

“Who could forget a pretty face like yours?” Jaxin winked.

A pretty face that you can’t get. That’s why you’re chasing.

I giggled. “Thanks.”

“Also, I noticed you never put that napkin to good use.” He grinned.

I winced. “I lost it! I’m so sorry!”

He laughed. “It’s okay. Here, give me your phone. That way, we can be sure.” He winked.

I handed him my phone, and he punched his number in and saved it. “Here,” Jaxin said, handing it back to me.

“Thanks.” I checked my phone. “Oh, no!”

“What?” Jaxin asked.

“Time! I have to get home! My cousin needs me to stop by and get something.” I looked at Jaxin and winced once more. “Sorry. But I’ll call you soon.”

“I’ll hold you to it,” he told me.

I smiled and turned around and made my way through the crowd.

Mission accomplished.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY NEW YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :DDDDDDDDD
Tonight about abot 10, it'll be exactly a year since I started here on Mibba. <3

Thank you...
nicholas joseph; for the comment.
:(
That doesn't make me very happy. I have 22 of you! Come on!

<3 Love and Rocketships.

--Kat