As Restless as We Are

1/1

Being the "other man" wasn't exactly what Nick had wanted for himself. But when he was with June, he didn't feel like a homewrecker. He felt like the luckiest guy in the world, because she was in his arms.

Nick was pulling on a light blue button up over a white beater when his phone went off, blaring "Across the Universe" to the otherwise silent apartment. An involuntary smile came over his face as he immediately knew who it was calling.

"Hello?" He answered cheerily.

"Hey," her smile was nearly audible, "can you come over?" Her voice held the mischievousness that Nick had long since grown to love, but there was a new edge to it that he couldn't quite figure out.

His eyebrows furrowed at this, "I thought Brandon just got home."

She completely disregarded his response, "I'll see you in a few?"

He shook his head slightly before agreeing, knowing he had no choice.

Shortly after he hung up, Nick got into his old, beat up '69 Camaro, and was making the all too familiar drive to June's one story home.

As he pulled up in front of the house, he caught sight of Brandon walking out to his fancy black Escalade, which appeared to be jam packed with all of his belongings.

Brandon noticed Nick at the same time, and made sure to glare while he put the box he was carrying down onto the hood of his car. Brandon made his way over to him as Nick got out of his own car, apprehensive of what was about to happen.

Instead of hitting him as Nick expected, Brandon stopped a few feet away, the glare never leaving his face.

"I'm not giving you two my blessing. I probably never will. However, if you make her unhappy, or do anything wrong by her, I will personally kick your ass. Got it?"

Nick could only nod quickly, mouth agape stupidly. June had told him?

Even after Brandon left, Nick could only stand there, shocked. He pulled himself together as best he could, and was about to start up the lawn to the house, until the door flew open, and June herself was running towards him, squealing. He couldn't help but laugh as she flung herself into his arms, her short, tan legs wrapping around his slender waist.

"I told him everything. Told him that I wanted you," she mumbled against the exposed skin on Nick's neck, before leaving a kiss.

Nick only smiled wider, holding her tighter as he began to stroke her long, brunette hair.

"Does this mean we can finally be together? Officially?"

She pulled away slightly to look at his face, "It means that I can finally call you mine."

He gave out a small laugh of joy, and began to kiss all over her face, wanting to get every single freckle that dusted her skin, before finally pushing his lips to hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this idea literally woke me up at 6 this morning, and I couldn't fall back to sleep until I wrote it down.
Needless to say, I never did get back to sleep.
Feedback? Maybe?