Kissing in the Library

1/1

Ron Weasley timidly peaked around the corner of the hallway. His breath got hitched in his throat when he saw the familiar thick bushy brown hair walk into the hallway. Making up his mind, he quickly made his way into the library; the first time in a long time. Eyeing past all the bookcases, his blue eyes lit up when he saw who he was looking for. Walking with an extra bounce in his walk, he walked up to the wooden table where she was sitting. He cleared his throat his throat loudly.

Hermione Granger looked up from behind her large stack of books. “Ron? What are you doing here? I didn’t even know that you knew where the library was,” she added with a small laugh.

Ron’s insides tingled. “Always the tone of surprise,” he answered back, his lips twisting into a smile. “Anyway Hermione, what are you looking for?” He eyed all of her books and then looked back up at her.

Hermione looked rather shocked but flustered as well. “I didn’t know you cared so much Ron. Anyway, I’m looking up key elements for Transfiguration class. Professor McGonagall hinted at a test ages ago. I can’t believe I’ve put off studying for so long! I’m going to have to double up studying because we also have OWL’s at the end of the year. Oh, I should have been looking over this everyday. There’s simply not enough time!” She took a deep breath and buried her head in her arms.

Ron looked at her in amazement as she lifted her head back up. “Hermione,” he began in an incredulous tone. “Our exams aren’t until the end of the year. We just started term two weeks ago.”

Hermione shook her head and smiled tensely. “You amaze me Ronald. So, where’s Harry?”

“At detention with Snape.”

“Will he ever learn to keep his mouth shut when he’s around Snape?”

“I doubt it, but I don’t blame Harry. Nobody likes Snape.”

“Dumbledore does, Ron.”

Ron shrugged. “Well Dumbledore is also along in age.”

“Ron!” Hermione said warningly, but with a small smile and a twinkle in her brown eyes. “That’s mean.”

“The truth is harsh Hermione.”

“I know,” she said quietly. It was barely above a whisper and Ron had to strain his ears to here her.

“What did you say Hermione?”

She began blushing and quickly shook her head. “It was nothing.”

Ron found her blushing to be quite endearing and adorable. Deciding it was now or never, he moved his chair closer to her. He placed his hand underneath her chin and grasped it. Delicately pushing her head up, he looked deep into her eyes. She began breathing heavily and Ron could see the panic and worry in her eyes. “It’s okay Hermione. It’s okay, just trust me.”

Her breathing soon resumed back to normally. “Ron,” she muttered. “What are you doing to me?”

He smile guiltily and he could feel himself turn the precise shade of his scarlet hair. Gently stroking her chin, he gathered up all his courage before pouring out his heart. “Hermione, I think you’re absolutely amazing. You’re a great girl and you’re gorgeous. I don’t know how else to say it, but I, I’m kind of in love with you.”

Hermione was startled. “Kind of?”

“No Hermione. I do love you.”

There was a sudden rush of books being thrown on the floor as Hermione launched herself on Ron. Hers lips met his in a dizzying frenzy. Seconds flew by, but neither of them noticed. The only thing they noticed was each other. Relentlessly pulling apart, Hermione recomposed herself before widely grinning. “I love you too Ron.”