Status: Completed

Running Back

One & Only

“Looking at you now I can tell,
That you in your new relationship ain't going well”


Standing with his arms crossed over his chest, James pretends to be listening to the conservation going on between his mates. He shifts his weight from one foot to the other as he looks at her. Her long, simple blue dress makes her look like a goddess in modern day clothing. She is the most beautiful woman in the world; no super model could come close to her.

“Dude you even listening?” Mark asks.

Taking his eyes off her he says, “You’re talking about the hot chick from the gym.”

“That was 5 minutes ago,” Mark states with a laugh.

Sighing he says, “Shit, sorry.”

“Why don’t you go over and talk to her,” Mark suggests nudging his arms.

“I don’t know. . . ” James trails off looking back over at her. She rolls her eyes at something her boyfriend says to her, obviously not impressed one bit.

“She looks bored out of her fucking mind,” Marks exclaims with a smirk.

Nodding his head he agrees, “True.”

Mark places a reassuring hand on his shoulder and says, “Go get her tiger.”

Chuckling, James walks over to her, his eyes not leaving her. She looks up at him and a smile instantly appears on her face. He returns her smile and greets, “Hey Sasha and,” he pauses before saying, “Jack.”

“Hey mate,” Jack says smugly placing his arm around Sasha’s shoulder; showing who she belongs to. This annoys James, him thinking he owns her. Ignoring the feeling of wanting to knock this guy out, he turns his attention to Sasha as she says happily, “Hey James.”

“You having fun?” he asks her.

Nodding her head she replies, “It is nice and very Joe.”

They both laugh as she says that. The party is simple with just close friends, food and shit load of beer. He loves the sound of her laugh, it is like music to his ears. James sighs feeling Jack’s glare on him. If looks could kill, he would be six feet under right now.

“Yo Jack,” a deep voice yells for Jack.

Looking over his shoulder, James sees Mark with his hands in the air calling over to Jack. He nods thankfully over at Mark, who gives him a smirk in return. He should have known Mark would get involved.

Mark knows of his feelings for Sasha. She is everything he wants and needs in a woman. They were once together but it went pear shaped. They both weren’t in the right head space to be in a relationship; he cheated on her and regrets that dearly. Ever since then he has dated a few girls and now knows she is the one for him. Now he just needs to make her realise, he is the one for her.

“When you left me you said that you wouldn't be coming back remember that,
but I never agreed”


Jack jumps off the couch, leans over to places a kiss on her cheek, before making his way over to Mark and his other mates. Sitting down next to her James looks down at his hands which are placed on his knees and confesses, “I’m sorry for hurting you. I regret it.”

Shaking her head softly causing her long silky chestnut hair to fall in her face she says softy, “It’s fine we were both young and stupid.”

“No, it’s not fine. I never should have put you through that pain,” he says looking into her sea green orbs.

Placing her hand on top of his, she suggests, “How about we just put it in the past and forget it?”

Grinning he agrees, “I would love that.”

“So you and Jack huh,” he says looking over at Jack talking with Mark and the guys before looking back at Sasha.

Sighing she says hesitantly, “Yeah.”

“He is a jerk-” James begins to say, however is cut off by Sasha.

“Please James don’t start,” she whispers.

Shaking his head, he admits, “Come on Sasha, you and I both know he is a loser. He isn’t right for you.”

“We love each other,” she says not meeting his eye.

“There's no reason your name should come up on my cell.
Unless you’re unhappy, but that shouldn't be the case.
Said you were in love”


Sitting on his couch with a beer in his hand, he looks at the television screen not really taking it in. He doesn’t even no what the hell he is watching. He shakes his head while thinking about the party today. Lifting the beer bottle in his hand he takes another sip of beer; washing his feelings down with alcohol.

He raises his eyebrow as his mobile vibrates on the couch next to him. His blue eyes look at it in curiosity, wondering who would be ringing him at this time of night. Picking it up he is shocked to see Sasha’s name flash across the screen.

He is confused to why she is ringing him. At the party after them talking, Jack walked back over and took Sasha away from him. He attempted to talk to her once more but she would shoot him down telling him how happy she is with Jack.

Picking up the phone he answers, “Hey.”

“Hey, it’s me. Um are you busy?” she asks him softly, he can hear her sniffling

Sitting up straight on the couch he asks her seriously, “You okay?”

“I just. . I just need to talk to you. Can I come round?” she asks again.

Nodding his head even though he knows she can’t see, him he tells her, “Of course come straight over.”

“Okay, thank you James,” she says gratefully.

Before she can hang up he quickly asks, “Is this to do with your relationship with Jack?”

The other end of the line is silent, until she says honestly, “Yes.”

“Cause he don't do it like me, or else you wouldn't be running back to the past.
It was you that left me”


Hearing knocking at the door he instantly, he opens the door to reveal a red, puffy eyed Sasha with black tear stains down her soft rosy. His heart sinks seeing the state she is in.

Moving out of the way, he lets her in to his apartment as anger begins to pump through his veins. He can’t believe that jack ass has hurt her.

“What did that fuck face do?” he asks trying to contain his temper.

Shaking her head she admits confusing him, “It wasn’t him.”

“Huh?” he asks not following.

Licking over her lips she takes a deep breath and says, “I ended it.”

“I thought you two were in love?” he asks wanting to know what happened. Although, he is glad she ended things with Jack, because she was with someone that wasn’t him.

Her sea green eyes look into his soft blue eyes as she decides to come clean, “He was but I could never love him. Because I am in love with another, even after he hurt me I couldn’t go a day without thinking about him.”

A large smile appears on his face, praying and hoping she is talking about him. He cannot describe how amazing it is to hear say she didn’t love him. Walking towards her, not taking his eyes off hers, he asks desperately needing to know the answer, “Who, who is it that you’re in love with?”

“You,” she replies barely above a whisper.

Laughing happily he cups her face and attaches his lips to hers. The passion in the kiss shows how long they have both been thinking of this moment. She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer; eliminating any space between their bodies.

They both pull away needing some air, James uses this to his advantage and confesses, “I love you too, never stopped.”

“Girl, you know he can't touch like I do,
I don't see you trippin or flippin over his moves.
It don't take a genius to see he ain't that dude”
♠ ♠ ♠
"Told You So," Jesse McCartney, is the song I used as inspiration many years ago.
Note this has been rewritten :)