Status: It's happening

New Years Explosions

Cale

The place was a wreck.

I couldn’t think of anything that could cause so much death and destruction that would leave people alive and not mutated. I shuddered at the thought and quickly checked myself over for anything strange, I know, I play to many video games.

As I walked I whistled the tune toIt’s The End Of The World As We Know It by R.E.M, ironically it was stuck in my head. I twirled my pole in time and tried flipping it with my fingers; I fumbled and dropped it to the dusty ground. As I bent to pick it up I heard a noise and looked up, but stayed stooped in case it was a rat or something. No such luck. A pile of rubble shifted ahead of me and I swore, “Shit. Why do I always get the darn dangers?” I asked myself, snatching my pole from the ground and taking a wary stance.
It stopped moving.
Great. I thought to myself sarcastically and edged closer, only to have it start moving again. I stopped, it stopped. I moved, it moved. “For the sake of satan!” I growled and hit the ground with my pole, before charging at the pile.
It exploded with a pile of dust and a creature charged out of it, it looked like a wild pig crossed with a rhinoceros. It was bigger than a wild pig, maybe the size of a young bull, with 4 large horns and two slightly curled tusks coming from its mouth. It was greyish pink in colour with a short nub of a tail, it squealed loudly like nothing I had ever heard before.
I landed and rolled, feeling a shard of glass bite into my cheek I winced, but I had no time to check how bad it was. The pig thing caught sight of me and charged.
“Woah!” I yelled and dodged to the side, almost falling over again. I kept my balance and wiped at my eyes, the thing sure was kicking up a lot of dust. It turned and came at me again; I couldn’t shake the thought of a bull from my mind.
Steeling myself I grabbed one of its horns as it thundered past me. It squealed loud and high pitched, I gritted my teeth against the sound and held on as tight as I could. Slowly I pulled myself forward until I was sitting full on the creatures back, riding it.
Now that I was closer and not in as much danger I took the time to study the thing better, what I had thought was grey-pink skin was actually tiny hairs that covered the creature, head to tail.
It squealed and swerved again causing me to roll off and land in the dust, I winced as my arm was crushed under me and I swung my pole at it as it came closer. The pole hit it in the nose and snorted before shaking itself and running off in the other direction.
I stared after it, all that effort attacking me and it runs away after one half hearted blow? The nerve of that thing.
After a couple of minutes I struggled to my feet, my arm hung loosely by my side and pain exploded up it each time I moved. It might’ve been broken but I couldn’t be sure, Kayne would probably know. Setting my teeth I dusted myself off to the best of my ability and started walking, I wouldn’t make my way back until I had found something useful to us.

For the next half hour I searched a few damaged buildings, ones that I thought weren’t going to cave in on my head. I found bits and pieces of food, a pack of crushed pasta here, a flattened box of Jatz there.
I even stumbled upon some dusty cans of drink in one place. They were lying in the open next to a fallen fridge, I guessed they were some family’s New Year drinks. Drinks that were left behind unopened while god knows what happened to their owners. They weren’t cold but I took them anyway, we needed all the liquid we could get.
There were other things in the fallen refrigerator, spoiled food and smashed jars, nothing worth taking.
I shoved the things I had found in my pack and made my way out. As I stepped past the ruined door I paused and turned to look back inside at the faint sound of scuttling, nothing was there. “You’re imagining things.” I told myself with a shake of my head and continued on my way back to the T-junction, Occasionally looking back to see if anything followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloooooo. :]
Happy belated New Year guys!~
So, we've been thinking a bit and I'm pretty sure we have a vague Idea of how to end this. No idea what will happen inbetween though.

Lots of chapters, only four subscriber =/
Comment, Subscribe :D
~Max