Status: It's happening

New Years Explosions

Cale

I groaned and rolled over, it had been a day since New Years, since the explosion that had wiped out more then half the world. Slowly I got up, trying not to breathe too deeply the smoke from the fires still hung in the air.

Picking my way through the wreckage of the building I made my way back outside into the open. The sun was only just rising and you could still see some smog in the air, I had to search for food and see if there are more people.

“Man it would suck if I was stuck by myself here”, I said aloud, trying to keep the silence away. “I probably should be trying to find out what happened, I mean as far as I know the whole world could be like this, heck, it probably is”.

I hate being by myself. There’s no one to talk too and it’s all just your own thoughts crowding your head. Sighing, I entered a building that looks like an old grocery store. “Hello? Anyone alive?” I called entering slowly, I didn’t get an answer so I start scanning for food.

I spied some metal, poking out from a collapsed shelf I went to investigate. I grinned. A tin of peaches, “Yeah!” I whooped and then something moved. I whipped around, unsettling the dirt and dust in the chaos of the shop.

There was something in the shop, I can see a dim outline, whatever it was it definitely wasn’t human. I took a hesitant step backwards not quite sure what to do, as I stepped it raised itself slightly swaying gently back and forth, it took a step froward into the sunlight.

It wasn’t like anything I’d ever seen before. It had for long bent legs, not at all unlike spiders, it’s feet sharp spikes. Its body was quite small and covered in blue scales, the head was crocodilian shape and had a long yellow forked tongue with purple flecks on it.

It hissed at me, showing three sets of small sharp teeth that could probably tear me to pieces. I took another step back, it would have been cool if it was in a video game but, in real it was just scary and disgusting. It stepped closer, if I couldn’t find a weapon soon it would try to eat me-Now that sent shivers down my spine.

I couldn’t, wouldn’t, dare to look away from those cold horrid yellow eyes. Frantically I searched for a weapon blind, it stepped closer and closer coming faster with short quick steps. It swayed as it walked revealing a deadly looking scorpion tail, dripping with poison.

It leaped at me as my hands found a solid pipe, I swung with little effort and grunted as the metal hit the hard head jarring my arm. “Christ, your ugly.” I hissed under my breath and plunged the metal pole into its hard bonehead, it went still and then thrashed widely ripping the pole from my grasp.

I kicked it as it slithered closer and it went still, and stayed that way. I breathed in relief, “that was close you ugly bastard,” I said my voice shaky. I kicked it one last time, pulled the pole from its fat head and picked up the peaches.

“All the for a tin of peaches, eh?” I flipped the tin up and caught it as I emerged back into the sunlight. I held the pole leaning it against my shoulder and walked off whistling, like nothing had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new one, I(Max) just had a random idea and started writing.
We have no clue where this is going so yeah...

Comment and subscribe, please?