Status: It's happening

New Years Explosions

Kayne

I coughed my throat raspy and sore from the rubble. I didn't know what happened -I must have passed out or something. I covered my mouth with my hand, finishing off my coughing spasm. I spat out some phlegm -which concerningly had flecks of blood through it- when a thought struck me.

My Oxygen! My Oxygen tank had been disconnected!

I frantically searched for it in the rubble around me, not thinking about anything else, when I threw a piece of rubble away and caught a glimpse of that weird clock that was on my wall. I was momentarily mesmerized by it, and dug up the bits around it, taking it out. All it was was the top of it and part of the hands stuck under the glass -They were stuck on exactly Midnight, remembering what happened for eternity.

I coughed again, only once this time, and remembered what I was doing. Farque, I had to find it! I felt something on my arm -warmth. It was sunrise already, about four in the morning. Four hours! I didn't have much time left until something drastic happened.
Then it hit me.

I was told I wouldn't last ten minutes without it, let alone four hours. What was going on?
I stopped, on my knees in the rubble, covered in dirt. I breathed in. Then out. Then did it again. Like it was normal. I was breathing in the smoke-infested air.

I stood up, wobbling a bit as I did, my legs slightly weak from disuse. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, taking another one. No pain. No gasping. No suffocating.
No death.

I whooped for joy, throwing my dirty fist in the air. I had no clue what I was doing, why I was doing it, or even how I was doing it, but if felt so goddamn good!

I heard a noise, and saw a lizard-like thing waddle over to stand on a little mountain of rubble.
"Oh cool. A lizard. I wonder what kind it -Wow. That's weird," I was surprised by the sound of my own voice, not having heard it for some time.

The lizard turned at the sound of my voice, and I saw it had its eyes closed. I wondered why, when it opened them. Holy crap, I'd never seen that before.

It's eyes were black, with a single bright pink dot in the center. That really creeped me out.
I took a step back, nearly slipping on a loose rock. The lizard blinked, and it sent shivers down my spine. I glared at it, still loving the feeling of breathing that was forever with me now. The lizard turned to face me, both little pink-dot eyes watching me.

It opened its jaw, and little Grey-blue tentacles came out. That was farquing crazy! Was this lizard nuts?! Tentacles!! There were about six of them, slithering away. I shuddered at the sight, then ran up, and did something I don't remember ever doing -I swung my leg, and kicked.

"Take that, tentazard! Wow, I didn't know I could come up with a word like that." I chuckled, then turned and walked away -the lizard went pretty far, so I didn't have to worry about it.
I took this time to look at my surroundings. It was all the same -a thin cloud of smoke and ash dispersed between piles of rubble scattered across brown, barren dirt.

Well, this would be a fun world to be breathing in. If only it were the old one.
I decided I'd scout -I'd never used that word before, either! - For food and to see if anybody was around. I'd never really eaten food -I was fed through a drip, otherwise my Oxygen would have been cut off while I was eating.
So. I guess there's a first for everything.

I brushed my red-brown hair out of my gold eyes, then started walking across what I decided to call wasteland -that was practically what it was. I called out every now and then, to see if anybody would answer, but nobody did. Goddamn people, not living. I lived. Maybe because I’m weird. So I walked across the Wasteland, searching for people and any source of food -I now knew what hunger pangs were- in a barren, recently destroyed place.

Drink, anyone? This might take a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again tell us what you think

Comment and subscribe please!

"TENTAZARD!!! XD"-Max