Status: It's happening

New Years Explosions

Cale

I walked across the ruins, swinging the pole back and forth slowly. I had started in Hackett and was heading North West towards civic center. I don’t know what I planned to find there, maybe an adult, more weapons, and food or something that would help. I still need to try and assess the situation.

I heard a roaring sound, getting louder by the minute, the ground shaking. A crashing sound and dirt flew up blinding me from the rest of the world, a building had fallen right near me, something else to add to the ruins.

Coughing and gagging I tried to breath and find my way out of the unsettled dust, tears streaming down my face from all the dirt. I stumbled and fell onto the ground, “Bloody rock” I mutter and see a shadow coming towards me.

I stand up my pole held out in front of me, between the advancing shadow and me. “Better not be another fucking monster”, I growled under my breath before shouting, “Who are you? You Human?”

I didn’t get an answer just a low groan from the figure shambling towards me, What the hell? I thought as it got darker, just a cloud just a cloud, calm down. “This reminds me of I am legend” I say surprising myself by speaking.

I feel something making it’s way down my arm I look, Blood. There was glass on the ground where I fell, “dammit”, I hissed under my breath. Dragging my thumb along the cut and putting it in my mouth, I rip my shirt and start to wrap it around the cut when I notice something.

The figure was coming closer now as fast as it could, I can hear snarling and growling.
It’s running full speed now, “Stop or I’ll hit you!” I shout at it. If anything it just runs faster.

Suddenly the clouds clear and the sun breaks through the dust, just now starting to settle, The figure is two meters in front of me starting to slow. As far as I can tell it’s human, Blood is dripping down it’s head and it’s not wearing any clothes. A guy. A guy with no clothes and blood dripping from his head, covered in scratches and dirt. The only thing not human is the look he’s giving me.

A deranged hungry look. And then, he jumped at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short.
Oh and this story is based in Canberra, Australia.

Comment! subscribe!
Thanks!

=Max=