Status: It's happening

New Years Explosions

Cale

After I finally got everyone to cooperate with me and tell me what they had we started to search for a weapon for the older boy, Kayne. We trudged slowly through the wreckage of the city, keeping quiet and thinking to ourselves, only now was it really sinking in. Our lives are gone, everyone we know, dead or broken like the thing that tried to eat me.

“I guess now we have to really face the reality of this eh?” I said to myself.
“yeah.” I glance up to see Kayne had stopped and had a small sad smile on his face and his shaggy hair covered most of his face from this view. Quickly he looked back to the front and started walking again, mustn’t have wanted me to see him looking.

I smiled at the back of the older shy boy. A slightly uncomfortable silence descended upon us and I glanced back to Charlie, damn was she slow. “Hurry up will ya?” I called to her, causing her to glance up and scowl. I poked my tongue out and used my finger to pull down my lower eyelid.

About five minutes later and three punches from Charlie, Kayne had found a weapon. He approached a pile of debris and carefully pulled out a long, thin and slightly bendable piece of metal. It was about half his height, so about three feet tall. He tested to see how much it bent, giving a tiny satisfied smile. He crouched down and began searching through more of the rubble.

“What do you think he’s doing?” I whispered to the brown haired girl.
She shrugged, “Why would I know?”

Damn that girl, she couldn’t even bother to guess. “Oi! Kayne! What’chya making?” He gave us a brief glance before looking back down at what he was doing, fiddling with pieces of random things he'd found. "Weaponry," he mumbled, sounding very distracted.

“Weaponry?” I looked at what he had gathered so far, some fishing line and the metal, “you making a bow or something?” He deftly nods, and continued looking for stuff.

***
Kayne had things for his bow so now they were just wondering around looking for supplies. “Where do you think we are?” I asked them casting a glance around, “Civic?”

They both shrugged and continued walking, “conversationalists much” I muttered under my breath. As we walked my thoughts drifted to my parents, I hadn’t seen them for years and now I probably have no chance in finding them. They disappeared when I was just a kid, s’pose I still am it has only been six years.

My parents were researchers, I wouldn’t say famous rather well known. They went in search of some hidden city and they disappeared, leaving me to my Uncle. I turned sixteen one day ago, I was gonna go search for them after new year’s, but then this happened.

I sighed. What are we supposed to do? We’re just kids and the world has officially exploded, such is life I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok SORRY!!! Its real short and not very good but i had to update this!
Grace was meant to but shes a lazy butt.
I couldnt resit adding the bit at the end ^^

Comment subscribe!
-Max-