Status: May not update for a while due to complications with life. -Sighs- Will try, though.

Crashing Cars and Windows

Image

Today was the day that my life changed forever. I let one last tear fall on the old picture of my deceased parents, whom were murdered in a carjacking several years ago. I gently tucked the picture into my suitcase along with the picture of my grandmother, whom had had custody over me until she died of a heart attack two weeks earlier.
I was to live with my uncle…the uncle that I wished would die after what he did to me as a small child…

But, today was also a day of new beginnings. I would FINALLY get to see my older brother today. His name was Bryan and he played guitar in some kind of band. I haven’t seen him for 15 years. I had spoken to him for the first time when news reached him of our grandmother’s death. We were separated to different homes when our parents died. I was only two years old at the time. I began to ponder about him.

Did he think about me? Would he introduce me to his friends? To his band? Did he even know my name? I was sure he remembered my name was Dakota; but did he remember that I preferred to be called Koda, instead ? How old was he? Did he remember me at all? I didn’t remember him much at all…I barely even knew him.

But that was going to change. I would get to know him and we would get close like I’ve always dreamed. After all, we had the same blood running through our veins and shared the same last name; Money.

I hoped that my uncle had changed his ways…I doubted it, but if anything were to happen again, I hoped my brother would be able to get me out of the situation…that is, if I ever had the guts to tell anyone…

I sighed and slid two more pictures into my suitcase. One was of Bryan and I on the Christmas before our parents died; the other was a very recent one of himself that he had sent our grandmother. I then went downstairs and headed for the airport.