In Love with the Prince (of Darkness, That Is)

Chapter Fifteen: Past the Point of No Return

Dreama and Lydia bonded over a mutual love of musicals, and amused themselves during intermission by comparing their favourites. When the show was over, the two girls walked out to the car together, arguing happily over what they considered to be the worst musical of all time.

"I hate that so many of them are being made into films," Lydia complained.

"I don't know. I mean, I don't know if I could ever take Wicked being made into a movie, because no one can beat Kristin and Idina, but I thought John Travolta was a much better Mrs. Turnblad."

Lydia laughed.

"And you have to remember that not everyone can afford to go and see a musical on stage. It's much nicer to walk to the closest video store and shell out five bucks."

"I guess so."

"Besides, how many times to you get to see something on Broadway? It's much nicer to be able to see it over and over again."

"But then there aren't any of the funny bloopers or things that only come alive on stage. Besides, they tend to change things when they move it from live stage to sound stage."

"I think they should professionally film an OBC show and release it that way."

They laughingly agreed on the compromise, and Dreama climbed into the passenger seat of Taylor's car, and he into the driver's side, and revved the engine while waiting for Dean to pull out. Dean led them to a dance club, where they waited in line, and then drank and danced until three in the morning. Neither Taylor nor Scott had much to drink. Finally, they got back into the cars, Scott and the others headed for home, Taylor and Dreama for the hotel he'd booked a room at. Dreama waved to the group in the other car when they drove past.

"Your friends are awesome!" Dreama exclaimed.

Taylor chuckled. "I'm glad you think so."

"How often do you come to see them?"

"Not as often as I would like, but I make it down every other month or so."

"That's amazing. I was always freaked to think that Gem and I would be going to university in different cities. We've hung out every singe day since the third grade."

Taylor laughed. "I don't think a few hundred kilometres is going to demolish a friendship like that."

"I would hope not." She told stories about she and Gemini, oftentimes with Rebecca and Meredith involved, until they arrived at the hotel and made it up to the two-bed room.

Taylor collapsed on one bed, sighing. "God, it's been a long day," he said through a yawn. Dreama copied his actions and nodded her agreement.

"You know, it feels like I've known you for months," Taylor said sleepily.

"You have known me for two months."

"Really? Has it been that long already?"

"Yes. I'm going to put my PJ's on."

"I'll be here."

Dreama stood and stumbled into the bathroom, where she dressed in a pair of black silk Capri pants and a short-sleeved button-down top. She emerged just as Taylor finished pulling on a pair of plaid pants. He wore no shirt, and when he turned to put his clothes in his bag, Dreama caught a glimpse of a large light-brown patch of skin underneath is arm. "What's that?" she asked, stretching out across the bed.

"Birth mark," Taylor replied, a little gruffly, she thought. Dreama stood and walked over to him, catching his lips between hers as soon as he turned around. She ran her hands over his hairless chest before wrapping her arms around his middle.

The embrace intensified, and Dreama felt her knees begin to quiver as Taylor's hands slid down her back. Suddenly his lips left hers and he was making his way down her neck.

"This is a really bad idea," he said, his voice harsh.

"Why do you say that?"

"'Cause you've been drinking, and we're making out in a hotel room."

"I had two coolers," Dreama laughed. "I'm barely buzzed. We made out in your basement and nothing happened."

"That's true. But I--" He didn't finish his sentence because she tangled her fingers in his hair and brought his mouth to hers for a scorching kiss.

"You what?" Dreama asked, and this time it was her mouth that was leaving a hot trail on his throat.

"I didn't want you as much as I do now." Her mouth moved hungrily across his collarbone. "That's not to say that I didn't want you before, because I did, but now...." She hit a particularly sensitive spot in the hollow of his throat and he shivered. "God, now," he breathed.

"I know," she whispered.

"Are you sure about this?" Taylor wanted to know.

"Absolutely."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, in keeping with the theme of musicals, the title comes from The Phantom of the Opera. It happens to be my favourite song from said musical.
I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that my shout out goes to my two new subscribers! Message me and let me know who you are, please?
The bad news is that I am nearing the end of my pre-written material for this story. Obviously I'll let you know when that end comes, and I'll do my best to stay on top of it, but I just wanted to warn you that it might take a little longer for new chapters.