In Love with the Prince (of Darkness, That Is)

Chapter Six: Take The Lead (Wanna Ride)

"You did really well today, Kelli. I'll see you next Sunday, okay?"

"Thanks, Dray. Bye!"

"No problem."

As Jenny was leaving, Gemini showed up, bearing gifts. "I brought dinner and a movie!" she announced, sweeping into the room. The sleeves on the shirt she was wearing added dramatic effect, trailing about six inches behind her. "Lamb curry and rice," she added as she set the bags down on the table. "And I rented Take the Lead again. Don't even bother protesting," she continued, a little louder, as Dreama opened her mouth. "I know Kelli's your last lesson of the day."

Dreama sighed. "I love you, Gem."

"Of course you do. I take good care of you. So I hear you have a night off on Thursday."

"From whom?"

"Jesse told me when I called. He said he's worried about you, you know. You don't get out of the house enough, even with Thomas."

"You guys have been discussing me?"

"As your self-appointed best friend since the third grade, I believe I have a right. Look, Dray, I know things are rough lately, but you barely make time to eat anymore! You're always working."

"I do so eat," Dreama protested weakly, knowing that it wasn't true--she was fortunate to get two meals a day in with her schedule.

Gemini fixed her with a knowing look before turning to the food on the table. "Well, then, it doesn't show," she said primly. "You've lost a lot of weight in the past couple months. So you get the plates while I set up the movie."

Resigned to the fact that she really was going to have to sit on the couch for two hours and eat an entire meal, Dreama pulled two plates from the cupboard and poured them each a tall glass of milk.

Half an hour later, Gemini reached over and paused the movie. "All right. Spill it."

"What, my milk?"

"Har, har," Gemini affected stupidly. "You've got something on your mind. What is it?"

After attempting to avoid the topic for about fifteen minutes, Dreama sighed and gave in. She told Gemini all about Taylor--or at least what she knew about him. Which, now that she reflected on it, wasn't a whole lot. He could sing, he could dance, he had a gorgeous car, an even better face, lots of money, and--

"And why are you hesitating?" Gemini asked.

"I don't know."

"Dray, he's perfect."

"Perfect enough to risk going to his house?"

"You're so paranoid. Let's look at it this way: was he flirting with every girl in the bar?"

"No. I think it's safe to say it was all eyes on me."

"So what else is new?" Gemini grumbled good-naturedly. "But there's your answer. Serial killers are always social beings--they're womanizers."

"Not all womanizers go after every woman in sight."

"Players aren't always a bad thing, Dray. They're just guys that love women."

"Yeah, and I always seem to pick the ones that love them all."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, I know that it's short, but in my defense, it's exam time--I have cadence theory on Monday and math on Tuesday. I'm only posting because I'm so sick of looking at numbers.
Anyway, title credit goes to Bone Thugs N Harmony, off of the Take the Lead soundtrack. I don't actually like that song, but it was the only title that fit with this chapter.
Shout out to my subscribers. I was so happy to see that little number on my screen!