Status: Complete(:

Death is Black and White

She Pays a Visit

She needed to know more about this girl. Lydia. Yes, that was the name. It's not like Lotty was just popping in for visits just to freak the girl out. She needed to know more. Who knows, maybe Lotty could gather up enough strength to talk to her. Maybe she could tell her the plan. Maybe Lydia would agree and help her, that way things would go a lot smoother.

Lotty laughed as she watched Lydia frantically search for the piece of paper with the simple words from Halloween night on them. Her panic gave Lotty strength, and soon she would be visible through the mirror.

The mirror was easy to attach to. It was old, with a hand-carved frame that was definitely from Lotty's time. It was probably passed down from generations-- although Lotty had no connection to it while she was alive, the mirror was a good anchor to Lydia. It was definitely made the year that Lotty died. The year she was killed.

Lydia was talking to someone, her mother. It wasn't the sister, of that she was positive. Annoyance radiated off of Lydia, and Lotty drank it up like a glass of milk. Suddenly a telephone rang, it was a strange sound. Lotty never owned one, as she came from a poor family. Unlike Slyvia. Sylvia was one of her favorite kills. They didn't find her body for three days.

Anyway, Lydia picked up the tiny phone (where was the cord? Or the dial?) and spoke into it for a few moments. Lydia was worried that her friend would find out that she lost the paper. Suddenly Lotty was outside of the mirror, sitting on the bed. It was just a matter of time before...

"Okay, I'll just..." Lydia glanced at the mirror and almost dropped the telephone. "I have to go." She put it down and stared into Lotty's bloodshot reflection. She just stood there, slightly shaking. The mixture of terror and excitement was sweet like candy, and Lotty used that to gain more strength.

Lydia had such strong energy. Lotty could tell that she had a lot of emotion bottled up in her that it radiated off her and acted as a sort of power supply for Lotty to physically form. She was strong, just like Lotty's friend told her when she was alive. She hadn't seen her friend since the day she died. She didn't know why. This made her sad, and she tried to think of better things. Like the way she felt when she would kill.

She bobbed her head up and down slightly as she gathered enough energry ti start making slight movements, thinking of all the people she slaughtered. After a few minutes, Lydia said, "...Lotty?"

She smiled slightly but couldn't do much else with the slight strength she had so far. Lydia just stared back. "Lotty, I'm going to turn around, okay? I want to look at you face to face. Don't move, okay?" She spoke softly and Lotty nodded. Her cracked lip started to bleed and there was a surge of pain through her whole body and she regretted moving in the first place. It was too soon.

Lydia turned around slowly as if Lotty was a bird on a tree branch that might flutter off at any sudden movement or sound. She looked startled to see the difference between the two Lottys. She was glad she did a good job on fixing up her appearance. She liked to look like she would have if she never killed anyone. Not like she regretted any of it. She just hated being cursed with the appearance of all those she killed when she was in the mirror. She had no control of that.

"Your hair is tangled," Lydia blurted out. She gave Lotty a plastic hairbrush and she took it, combing out her tangled curls. Lydia smiled, which was good. She was beginning to trust the normal looking Lotty. Maybe soon she could explain....

"Can you talk, Lotty?"

Lotty said nothing. She couldn't yet.

She asks about Halloween. Lotty remembers perfectly. The sister was at a table, the one with the person inside her. She was with friends, and they were all touching the portal piece. They asked her if--

Lydia snuck a peek at her true form in the mirror and gasped. Lotty giggled, because Lydia didn't seem to like the fact that clumps of hair were ripping out of Lotty's little head, along with a few chunks of bloody scalp.

That was the trigger. That wave of terror allowed Lotty to open her mouth and communicate.

"Lydia," she spoke out. "I need your help. I'm Lotty, you've figured out that much. You and I have something in common. We're both strong. Well I was when I was alive. And here's the thing. I have this plan where I..."

Lydia didn't seem to understand what Lotty was saying. She just backed away slowly, a look of terror on her face. Frustrated, the Lotty in the mirror started screaming while the other frantically kept talking.

"Well you can help me! I need to finish what I started so many years ago! My friend, she wanted my help and when I died, she disappeared. I failed, and I won't let you fail me. She said that youth was the key to... Why aren't you listening!? Don't you care!?"

Lydia just stared at her, wide eyed. Lotty didn't even realize that she had her hand held out, clutching the paper. She looked down at it as an offering, and Lydia started protesting. She didn't want to take it. Lotty sneered at her and kept holding out the paper. Finally, Lydia reached over with a shaky hand and snatched it. A huge wave of energy surged through Lotty and she suddenly screamed and like a flash of lightning, she disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really want to know where you guys think this is going! Comment, por favor!