Status: Complete(:

Death is Black and White

She Dies.

I was standing at the edge of a lake. It looked like one of those man-made ones, but I got the feeling it wasn't. It was dusk, and the sun grazed the horizon and made the water in front of me look yellow and murky. I heard a young voice and followed it to behind a large bush near an old cottage.

A familiar girl was talking to someone, but I couldn't see anyone else there. The girl's voice was sweet and soft, innocent. She was wearing an old, raggedy dress and had dark, coffee colored hair with big, calf brown eyes. So familiar...

"Lotty, dear! Come inside for a minute!" an old, but regal, voice rings out. Oh my god, I was staring at Lotty! But she looked so...alive...

I followed her into the dark, three roomed cottage where a couple sat at a small kitchen table with a withered old woman holding a box.

"I made you something, for your birthday!" the old woman chided. Lotty looked only half pleased, as if she had other things on her mind. She took the box.

"A new dress!" she said, holding up a lacy black dress that looked achingly familiar.

"And brand new stockings!" the younger woman added, I assumed she was the mother.

Lotty hugged her family and took a step back to admire the dress which, I concluded from the condition of their home, was a special treat and probably very expensive to make.

Her grandmother beamed at the little girl proudly and put a hand on her arm. "Why don't you go try it on so you can show it off to all your little friends?"

A strange, sick expression crossed over Lotty's face; one of anger and regret. But the expression was gone as quickly as it came, replaced by a smile almost as sickening as the previous look. She nodded her head and went to change. I took a step outside as it slowly got darker and the sun began to walk out on me. I shivered.

After several "Ooh"s and "ahh"s, Lotty skipped outside and into the direction of another house. She went to the back, where several children were playing. As soon as Lotty stepped into their game, everyone stopped to look at her. No one moved, they all just stared at the little girl in the black dress, hands behind her back and rocking back and forth in her Mary-janes.

One girl stepped forward, she was the oldest. She looked about 12. "We hear you turned nine today, Lotty."

She nodded.

"Planning on coming to kill us tonight, Lotty? Is that why you came?"

Lotty said nothing, just held their gazes, big eyes wide and moist with tears.

"She's not gonna do it, Molly! Lotty's too good for us, right Lotty?" a younger girl added in.

Lotty frowned.

"Yeah, she'd rather kill innocent people, you know?" a third girl laughed.

"I just..." Lotty's voice shook. "wanted to show you my...dress."

Her voice broke on the last word. The oldest girl suddenly gave her a look of sympathy.

"We're sorry, Lotty! Here, we're going swimming, would you like to come with us?"

At first hesitant, Lotty squared her shoulders and nodded. Then, the group started up toward the lake, chattering and giggling happily.

Lotty stopped at the edge of the lake when everyone else waded in. "You coming, Lotty?" someone asked.

"Chicken?" They asked. Everyone started shouting names at her and egging her on.

The sky was violet now, and daylight slipped away. Finally, Molly splashed at Lotty, leaving lake water dripping down her enraged face. In less that a second, Lotty was pulling the knife used to cut her birthday cake out from the folds of her dress and diving into the water after the girl. Everyone screamed but i don't think Lotty could hear them. She was grabbing hold of Molly's leg and raking the knife up and down the calf, splitting her stockings and unleashing pools of blood into the murky water.

Molly screamed and splashed, spluttering as she tried to come up for air. Lotty tried to pull her forward to go in for the kill, when someone tackled her under the water. I felt a strange sensation, like I was being pulled toward her and underneath the water. Suddenly I blinked and there was a small hand wrenching a knife out of my tiny fist.

I was afraid they would stab me, so I kicked their stomach and pushed up to the surface where Molly still screamed and the girl with the knife gasped for air. A hatred burned in me so hot, that all wanted to do was to plant that knife so far into her chest that it came out on the other side. I lunged but something caught my neck and pulled me back and under; an arm. I kicked and screamed and watched the dark bubbles soar up above my head and break through the surface.

I fought my way back up and remembered a tall woman in a white dress, and thought of how I needed to help her. "One more!" I screamed, and two more people shoved me under, but I punched one in the chin, then shook off another.

"She's mad!" one screamed.

"What do we do?"

"Help Molly, she's losing blood!"

"Use the damn knife!"

I tackled the girl with the knife and knocked it out of her pudgy hands, sending it soaring to the sandy floor. I had to go get it. I looked to the shore, where that beautiful young woman that I longed to impress stared at me in horror, her head almost vibrating as she screamed in rage. Shivers danced up my spine like electricity.

I took a deep breath and dove down, when a pair of hands grabbed my hair and pulled me up, then wrapping around my throat. I thrashed and kicked, choking on water and air and everything that my life had become in the past two years and then I was back under water, a lovely black boot pinning me to the cloudy mud at the bottom of the lake. It knocked the air that didn't exist out of my chest, and it hurt to move my arms. I wanted to stop. I wanted the lady to stop screaming in my ear.

The weight on my chest was too much. Finally I opened my eyes and parted my lips, letting the lake fill my lungs like balloons. I could see the knife a foot away from me, and Sylvia picked it up. She floated over, lifted the boot off me and stabbed my dead body. Everyone lined up, everyone I killed, and they took a turn breaking me.

I didn't even get to go to my funeral. Because they never found me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like there was something I had to tell you, but I forget. Anyway, goodnight!

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART EFFING TWO TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT! I WILL SO BE THERE!

Oh and sorry for all the typos, I'll fix them later when it's not 2 in the morning...