Status: Complete(:

Death is Black and White

She Chokes.

As soon as the door clicks shut I break into choking sobs. I can't take my eyes off the drawing; Samantha flying out of a window with a pair of silver scissors planted six inches into her neck. "Please, Lotty," I cry, wanting it to all go away. "She didn't do anything to you!" 

And then, as if on cue, the little girl appears three feet in front of me with a dangerous look on her face. A look that says I can't stop her. But I have to. 

I chuck my marker at her, but it seems to deflect off of her before it even makes contact with her skin. She chuckles in that sickeningly familiar tone, resonating off the walls and beating me in the face. 

"Just fucking leave me alone! I'm sick of this!" I shout. People probably think I'm insane, but then again this is a mental hospital. 

Lotty doesn't say anything, of course, she just sits there looking stupid. "This isn't a game! I'm tired of you dictating my life, like you're just waiting for me to crack so you can take over my body without anyone missing me! I'd rather die than have you following me everywhere, ruining everything I love!" 

She stares at me blankly, but it's a strange stare. Unnerving. I'm about to say something else when it feels like two hands are wrapped around my throat, squeezing the air out of my lungs. Two very little hands, the hands of a nine year old. 

I gasp for air, but nothing enters my lungs. I feel like someone stranded in the desert, gone a days without water. How she's doing it, I don't know, because she's still just standing there with that sick expression on her face. 

I want to scream at her to stop, to scream for someone to maybe try to get her to stop, but how can I even do that? What would they do, throw a sharpie at her? I'm going to die, right here, right now. And so is Samantha, and it'll be all my fault. 

And then the door swings open and Lotty disappears. I collapse to my knees, breathing heavily, and cry again.  

"Is everything all right?" the old nurse says. I cry harder, mostly because she's an idiot since duh I'm not okay, and also because part of me wishes she was Samantha. 

"I'm fine," I croak. "I just...miss my family." 

"Oh," she coos, and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Well would you like to give them a call?" 

I glance at her watch and realize Sam should be here in about ten minutes, so I say, "No, they're coming to visit this weekend. I think... I think I'll go get some lunch." 

The nurse let's me go and, glad to be rid of her, I quickly sneak into a back hallway that leads to one of the parking lots so I can go meet up with Sam. My legs are still shaking and it's hard to look inconspicuous, plus my head hurts from the lack of oxygen and all the crying. The hall is empty, but it branches off from one of the busier ones, so I have to be quick so i'm not seen. Just as I'm turning the corner, though, I see a flash of black hair and a blue scarf. 

Well shit. 

I press my back against the wall, hoping she won't notice me, but the girl from my vision catches my eye and follows me down the corridor. 

"What?" I say coldly. Just because I've seen her in a daydream doesn't mean that I should treat her better than any other weirdo at this hospital. 

"What yourself?" she says just as sharply, in a somewhat deep voice. 

"Cute," I say, and start to turn around, but she grabs my shoulder and pulls me back with more force than I though possible for her size. I rub my neck protectively, still feeling like at any moment it could close up again. 

I take a step back. "Fine. I'm getting some air. I need to meet someone outside to talk about something really important, so I need to go. It's urgent." 

"Are you trying to run away?" she says, her voice drastically lighter. I raise an eyebrow, reminded of Lissi and Natalie, but don't say anything. 

I roll my eyes. "Um, no. I'm not that stupid." 

She lowers her voice again, and says under her breath, "Could have fooled me..." then jolts up slightly and says, "Ugh, sorry about that." 

"What was that?" I question. 

"It was n-nothing..." she whispers. "Just, um, don't get caught... You know you look a lot like my... Never mind..." 

Her eyes pool with tears and she quickly looks at her feet, which only makes them spill out down her cheeks. I thank her awkwardly and turn around, then, at the last minute, say, "Oh, one more thing. If the blonde nurse tries to cut your hair, don't let her in your room. And I'd just stay away from her if I were you." 

It's the only thing I can think of that could possibly save Samantha. Maybe if she doesn't even meet this girl, Lotty won't kill her. The girl just nods and bites her bottom lip to keep from letting more tears fall. 

Yes, maybe now Samantha's safe.  

Only Lotty's familiar giggle confirms that I'm very wrong. I break into a run and crash through the door and into the parking lot. I need to talk to Sam before it's too late. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Basically was threatened into writing this chapter by my best friend (Got_My_Help xxx) but there should be another one sooner or later(: PEACE! Oh btw, the mysterious girl in this chapter isn't a major character, she's from Got_My_Help xxx's story Masks (: you should check it out!