Sequel: Brand New Start

Sense of A Spark

Dean -Point of View-

I stood before him, just mere inches away from him. His breathing seemed to pick up speed when he realized I was there. I stared down at him, wanting so bad to just wipe the sweat off his face. Then again, it made him look all too gorgeous. I met his gaze, his green eyes screaming. Screaming something that to me, looked like love ... affection ... want. I gulped as I continued to gaze at him.

I raised my hand and outlined his lips with my thumb, biting back the urge to just steal a kiss from him right there, right now. Those eyes pleaded for me to do. Begged me to. Damn, how I wanted to so bad. I looked down at those lips, those full, soft lips and sighed.

I put my hand under his chin, tilting his head enough towards me so that it would be easier. I wasn't even an inch away before I heard voices calling me from the doors. I closed my eyes for a moment, wishing they would just fuck off. So close. So goddamn close, I thought, opening my eyes, which screamed apologies to Chase for the interruption.

I pushed him aside gently enough not to hurt him, and hard enough to get him quickly out of site. I bent down to get a much needed drink of water. I turned around only to come face to face with Principal Brown. "Can I help you, sir?" I asked, my breathing a bit more normal.

"I was told by a young lady that you were stalking a young man here in the gym," he said, his eyes telling me to prove him wrong. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Sir, I'll admit I was watching the young man, but I was watching him play ball. I heard he was on the basketball team, and I decided to come and see what he's got," I said, raising an eyebrow. "I then decided to play a little one-on-one with him to help with his practice a bit more. Is there anything wrong with that?"

Principal Brown's brows furrowed a little bit and looked at me. "You sure nothing inappropriate was going on?" he asked, his tone implying that he was believing the truth I told him.

"I'm sure. I'm not one who would stalk a student and try anything illegal or inappropriate," I said, wiping the sweat off my brow. Nodding, Brown walked off and out the double doors into the hallway.

I looked over at Chase, who looked afraid and ashamed. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, turning fully towards him. He looked up at me, his bright green eyes standing out more than I have ever noticed before.

He regained his composure, a smile playing in his eyes. "Thought you were about to lose your job," he said, letting out a small laugh. I smiled at him and walked closer to him. He backed up to the wall, afraid I might hurt him. His eyes still smiling, he bit his lip.

I placed my hands above his head and looked down at his beautiful features. "I am one to take risks for anything. Even risking my job to be able to do this," I said, bringing my face just inches away from his. I stared at him for a moment before taking a deep breath, then gently pressed my lips against his.