Sequel: Brand New Start

Sense of A Spark

Dean -Point of View-

I smiled at him and gave him a quick peck before heading towards the gym. "Mr. Valeno?" I heard Chase call behind me. I turned around and looked at him. "Where do we meet? I don't want anyone seeing me get in your car and risk you getting fired." God, he was precious. I thought for a moment.

"Go to the fence that surrounds the baseball field. My car is parked over there," I said, smiling at him. Nodding he ran over to me and stole a quick kiss before running towards the boys locker room. I grinned like a fool until he was out of sight.

Walking out of the gym, I headed back upstairs to my room to get my things. When I got to the floor in which my room was on, I noticed the janitor dropped a towel on the floor. Feeling rather rambunctious, I backed up as far as I could and started running at full speed. I jumped a little and slid on the towel -- with horrible balance -- all the way to my door at the end of the hall. When I hit the door, I laughed and pulled the room key out of my pocket.

Walking into the room, I folded my clothes and stuffed them into my shoulder bag. I grabbed my shoes, slung my bag across my body, and headed out the back way to the ball field.

I was still on edge because of that little incident in the gym, and I'm sure I'm going to get even more on the edge before the weekend is out. I didn't realize there was someone next to me until I heard the person cough. I glanced over to see a girl around the age of seventeen. "Can I .. help you?" I asked, a little confused.

"Well, seeing as you're attracted to the younger generation, I was wondering if you'd want to go somewhere this weekend, just you and I," she said, attempting a seductive smile. I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"I do like younger girls, yes," I started, "but I would rather have a girl around my age. No one younger than twenty-one." She looked up at me with frustration, and opened her mouth to say something, but I interrupted. "Look, you're a pretty young thing, but I already have plans with some friends up north this weekend. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't take you anywhere. I wouldn't risk my job to do anything with a student." At that, I walked off, not letting the girl speak her mind about anything.

Time Elapse

I got to my car and saw Chase leaning against the hood of the car two in front of mine. He was gazing into the ball field, lost in his thoughts. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Hey," I whispered into his ear, nudging his cheek a little.

Chase gazed up and smiled warmly. "Hey. Thought you were going to blow me off," he said a bit jokingly. I grinned and kissed his forehead.

"I couldn't do that to you. Not unless you gave me a reason to," I said, stealing a quick kiss on his lips. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to my car, unlocking the doors and opening his for him. "Buckle in, Chase. We've got a four-hour drive ahead of us," I said, closing his door.

I jogged around to the driver's side and got in, throwing my bag and shoes in the back seat. "What do you mean 'four-hour drive'? Where are we going? Can we stop by my place so I can grab a few things?" he asked, his eyes widening at the thought of actually getting away from here for a little privacy.

I grinned at him as I started the car and pulled my car away from the space. "It's a little place I bought a few years back to get away from the world and just have some peace to myself," I said, speeding out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell. "I'll stop on the corner of your street. Don't want the 'rents getting suspicious about what you're up to."

"Yeah, that's for sure," he whispered looking down at his hands that were placed on his lap. I looked at him for a moment before grabbing his hand and squeezing it. He looked up at me and I saw the tears welling up in his eyes.

"Listen, if you want to talk about it, I'm here and I'll listen. I won't judge you," I said earnestly. He looked out the window, contemplating on if he should talk or just keep in bottled up. As he looked back at me, I could tell by his eyes he just wanted to be held.

"Can I move in with you?" he asked me, making me stiffen up a bit. "I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry."

"No, it just gives me all the more reason to get you the hell out of this place for the weekend," I told him sternly. "I want you to tell me what your home life is like. Right now."