Sequel: Brand New Start

Sense of A Spark

Dean -Point of View-

We arrived at the school, one of the first few people there. Closing the doors behind us, I locked the car and looked around real quick. Not noticing anyone that could possibly notice us, I motioned Chase to come to me with my finger. He immediately came to stand in front of me and I pulled closer to me, kissing him hard on mouth. Pulling away from him, I smiled down at him, which he happily returned. "I'll see you later today, baby," I whispered, kissing him quickly one last time.

"Then I'll meet you right back out here," he said, walking off to wherever he was going. He then stopped and turned around. "Hey, since it's still rather early and school doesn't actually start for another hour or so, wanna go shoot a few hoops, help me practice before the game tonight?" I thought about it for a moment, then nodded.

"Sure. Since I have no meetings today or papers to grade, I suppose spending a bit more alone time with you wouldn't hurt." Chase beamed and I walked over to him. We headed for the gym, only to be greeted by his coach.

"Hey, Greene. Valeno," he said, nodding at us. We mumbled our hellos and paused when he stopped in front of us. "Greene here have detention?" he asked me, which caused me to look down at him real quick. The look in eyes screamed to tell him yes.

"Yeah. Mr. Greene here fell asleep in my class, so he's going to help me out with some work in my room," I said, not breaking my gaze with the coach. The coach nodded and rubbed his neck. "Do you need to talk to him about something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," he said, looking down at Chase. "The game's been moved to Wednesday. I gotta head out of town today for my daughter's wedding tomorrow." Chase nodded.

"Thanks for the head's up, Coach Bundy," he said, adjusting his bag. "It okay if I use the gym then before and after school to practice?"

"Sure, sure. Not a problem. I'm sure Valeno here has a key he can use to let you in," he replied, pointing his head in my direction. Chase nodded and looked down. "Well, I better get going. The wife's expecting me home within the hour."

"Alright. And I send my congratulations to your daughter, Coach." He nodded and mumbled his thanks and stalked off in the direction of his car.

"Well, that means more time together in school," Chase whispered, looking up at me. I looked at him and winked, motioning him to follow me to the gym. He obliged, and we headed for his other haven. His first being in my arms at the lodge ... at least I hope that was his first.

Time Elapse

We were practicing some maneuver he had to master when the bell rang. I wiped the sweat off my brow and looked over at him. He was sweating pretty bad too, but damn if it didn't make him look that more attractive. "I'll see you in class, Mr. Greene," I said, winking at him before I grabbed my work shirt and bag.

"See you soon, Mr. Valeno," he called behind me. I turned to look at him only to be nearly tackled to the floor. "I love you, Dean," he whispered, kissing my lips real quick.

"I love you, too, Chase," I whispered back. We pulled away before anyone would notice. "Remember the ... uhh ... note for your friend," I said, and he nodded, giving me a smile. I smiled back and put my shirt on, walking out of the gym as I buttoned it up.

I swear on my non-existent grave that this plan works I thought, walking up the stairs and heading for my room.