Sequel: Brand New Start

Sense of A Spark

Dean -Point of View-

I squeezed his hand, glancing over at him and flashing him a smile. He smiled back, resting his head on my shoulder. "Damn, how I've miss your smile," I said, kissing his head as I pulled onto the freeway. "Oh, by the way, all your belongings are at the lodge. I needed something to clear my head a little, so I moved all of our stuff there."

"Cool," he said, leaning forward and messing with the radio. "Three months without music ... how horrible," he mumbled, causing me to smile a little. He finally landed on the rock station that played hits from the past as well as stuff from current times. As soon as he sat back, Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi came on. Squealing, Chase turned the radio up.

He nodded his head to the music, closing his eyes and letting the music take him over. He then opened his eyes and looked at me. "You got to sing it with me, love!" he said, biting his bottom lip and looking at me. As the song started, we screamed along with them.

"Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike, he's down on his luck
It's tough, so tough

Gina works the diner all day
Working for her man, she brings home her pay
For love, mmm, for love

She says we've got to hold on to what we've got
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
We got each other and that's a lot
For love we'll give it a shot!

Oh, we're half way there
Oh oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Oh oh, livin' on a prayer
"

We continued screaming along with us, getting strange looks from cars who passed by us. We didn't care, we were both in a good mood. We were enjoying each other's company after three months of not being able to do so.

The song ended minutes later, and we were both out breath, but we were laughing like mad men. Maybe we were mad men. Another song came on and Chase squealed, yet again. He looked at me and I smiled, letting him know I was going to sing it with him.

"What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing?
Can't you tell that your tie's too wide?
Maybe I should buy some old tab collars?
Welcome back to the age of jive.
Where have you been hidin' out lately, honey?
You can't dress trashy till you spend a lot of money.
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound
Funny, but it's still rock and roll to me

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
Nowadays you can't be too sentimental
Your best bet's a true baby blue Continental.
Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me.
"

As we sang normally with the song, Chase snuggled close to me, taking my free arm and wrapped it around himself. We rode into the bright day, forgetting about everything that happened recently.

Four hours later

Chase ran into the lodge, me hot on his heals, and headed straight for the wine cabinet. "Whoa whoa whoa!" I said pulling him into my arms. "That's for tonight, babe," I said, watching him pout those luscious lips.

"What are we doing tonight?" he asked, instantly curious. I smirked at him, then walked over to the couch, patting the spot next to me. "Dean... what are you planning?"

"Just a little surprise. Since we weren't able to celebrate your birthday last month, I have a little surprise in mind," I said, leaving it at that. He sat down next to me smacked me playfully.

As we sat there in silence, I heard something a rap on the window behind us. Looking back, I noticed Specs, something attached to his leg. "I'll be right back," I said, getting up and walking over to where my good friend waited.