Sequel: Brand New Start

Sense of A Spark

Chase -Point of view-

"Take me somewhere this weekend," I said, never removing my green eyes from Mr.Valeno. The look upon his face was one of shock, I couldn't help the smirk that spread across my lips. This was a challenge for me -- for us both. I wanted to see what he would say ... what he would do.

"Excuse me?" Mr.Valeno said, his eyes slightly wide at my answer. I chuckled and leaned forward even more, gazing deeply into his eyes. I couldn't help but let my eyes wonder to those beautiful, kissable lips of his. Oh how I would love to kiss those lips ... feel them against mine. I bet their soft just like they look I thought for a moment before returning my gaze back to his ocean blue eyes.

"Take me somewhere this weekend," I repeated before standing up, putting the chair back. "You asked me what challenge I wanted -- I gave you my answer. I'm sure you can find my number easily," I stated before grabbing my bag and leaving the classroom, closing the door behind me gently.

As I walked to my next class --my last class thankfully -- I wondered if I had done the right thing, said the right thing. Should I have just asked for more work? A higher level of work even? I shook my head at the thought. No ... if I were to ask that, they'd move me into a different class and that was something I did not want ...at all!

"Chase! Chase!!" I heard someone yell my name down the packed hallway, I looked around before spotting my friend Michael again. I sighed softly before walking up to him. Sadly his locker was right next to mine. Ask for a new locker! I thought mentally as I appeared beside him.

"What are you doing this weekend? Has anything changed?" Michael asked me as he opened his locker, stuffing his books inside it before grabbing his Spanish books and closing his locker again. I sighed softly and came up with the best lie I could. No one could know that there was a chance that I would be spending time alone with a teacher -- better yet, alone the one I was madly in love with.

"My parents are having friends over for some stupid church thing, so my mother is making me stay home and make sure everything is clean and ready before they arrive," I lied, opening my locker and grabbing my cellphone and books for my German class.

I watched Michael frown at me before nodding his head and walking away to his class when the bell rang. I closed my locker and leaned my head against it for a moment before moving away from it and starting my way to my classroom. Will he even call? What if he thought I was joking and is laughing right now in class? I mentally slapped myself for this. That was possible. Mr.Valeno wasn't like that ...was he?