I Will Always Paint Flowers for You

1/1

Christmas was always Michael Monroe's favorite time of year: good food, presents, and family. Last year he had proposed to his girlfriend of five years, Jasey Rae Noel. She had accepted his offer excitedly and they planned to marry Christmas Eve of the following year. Jasey Rae was truly the queen of his heart and the the light of his life.

Today was Christmas Eve and the busty blond was no longer with Michael. Jasey Rae had high-tailed it back to her parents' house a month prior due to the fact that she wasn't quite ready to marry. Though Michael did everything he could to persuade her to come back, his attempts failed miserably. No roses could woo her, nor could any amount of compliance to her wishes satisfy her. To that say Michael was at a loss on how to win back his love was an understatement.

Michael Monroe lay on his couch in much the same way he had been for weeks; unshaven, unshowered, and completely hopeless. He was convinced that he had tried everything to get Jasey Rae to come home. Finishing his fifth Jack & Coke, Michael fell asleep.

Jasey Rae slipped into his bedroom in only his Sleeping with Sirens shirt and nothing more. Michael sat on his bed, waiting for his love to climb into his arms. She was gorgeous, sprawled out on his bed with her hair tumbling like waves around her head in some sort of golden halo. Her eyes danced with lust and pure contentment as she stared up at him. Michael climbed on top of her and kissed her bubblegum lips softly. She giggled into the kiss and ran her hands through his brunette locks. As they parted, Michael gazed down at her tan body lovingly. She smiled up at him with a love-drunk look in her eye.

"I can't believe I've found someone like you," Jasey Rae whimpered softly into his ear.

"And I can't believe you've stuck around with a broke loser like me," Michael mumbled back before kissing her forehead.

They wrestled playfully for a bit before Jasey Rae sat up quickly. She crossed her legs Indian style and folded her hands in her lap. Jasey Rae was always such an usual girl with mood swings like a hyper toddler. Michael took a spot across from her and looked at her curiously. Her face told him that this was a time for all seriousness.

"I love you, darling, more than you can ever know. You came into my life when it was darkest and showed me that I can love and be loved for who I am. Don't ever forget that nor let me forget that. I can be childish, scared, and a little desperate. I need you in my life no matter what the cost may be," Jasey Rae stated.

"I love you too, dear, and I could never let you out of my grasp. You are my little Queen of Hearts and I will always paint flowers for you," Michael said before drawing her into his arms.

"Never let me go. I need you, Michael..."

The dream ended with Jasey's final proclamation of love. Michael sat up with a woeful look on his face and determination in his heart. This house wasn't Home. Her embrace was his home. He needed to remind the girl that held his heart how much they meant to each other.

After a shower, a shave, and a shit, Michael pulled on his Sleeping with Sirens shirt and quickly drove to her parents' house. A Christmas Eve party was in full swing, but Michael only brought one present to this get-together. After knocking on the door, an understanding, but curious Mrs. Noel let him inside the house. She motioned to the kitchen and Michael saw Jasey Rae making stuffing.

"Jasey Rae Noel, I need you to hear me out. I love you more than you can ever know. I know that you love me and I won't let you out of my grasp. The only home I have is by your side. I'll be damned if you walk away now. I have spent the past month trying to do everything I possibly can for you. What more can I do, Jasey Rae? I have been painting flowers for you like you're some demanding Queen of Hearts. You are not that big of a bitch, but you are the queen of my heart. Stop this bullshit now and come home," Michael professed.

Jasey Rae looked at him curiously for a full minute before setting down her spoon. She sighed tearfully and stepped closer to Michael. All eyes were on the couple as she played with the edge of his shirt. She bit her lip and looked up into his deep brown orbs.

"I can't come home, because I already am home. You are right; this is the only home I know. I acted childishly and I know I was wrong. I've been thinking of calling you today to tell you, but I was convinced you hated me after all that has happened," she whispered softy.

Michael swept her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. He had her back. She was his once more. The couple kissed to the sound of the clock chiming midnight. The Noels' cheered as they embraced, happy to see their daughter back with the man she so obviously loved. Michael pulled away to dig in his pockets.

"I'm not going to force you to wear it now or ever, but just know that it's here if you want it," he said as he opened the black ring box. Inside lay a 14k white gold engagement ring with three diamonds atop it. Jasey Rae shook her head at Michael with a small smile before slipping the ring on her finger.

"You don't need to paint flowers for me anymore, darling, because I am never leaving you again. I am home and you are all that I need."
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin