That Silver Lining

Never Give Up On Someone You Can't Go A Day Without

Her bluey green eyes opened. The dream so vivid in her mind. Why couldn't it become reality...again??
She took her book from it's normal space on her bed. Flicking to the marked page and began to read. Trying to lose herself into something fictional, but yet it coming back to his face...his beautiful eyes, that smile she longed to see again.

Half an hour later, she closed the book. Not a single word sank in to her, because everything she felt was what the main character seemed to be feeling. How much she could relate to that one character...it seemed almost like her life was a book for everyone to read.
Grabbing her phone, Ipod and her teddy, she got out of bed and wrapped up into her thick hoodie. The cold winter air flowing through her room like the windows were wide open. Why did it have to be so cold?? But then she thought...she's always cold, her skinny figure would always shiver at the temperature. Because she was too skinny for her liking, but the problem was, her weight would never gain.

"I miss you..." she whispered into the emptiness of her room. Her teddy pressed against her chest as her face hid in the material on his head. She loved the teddy, just as much as she loved him...but the story would always go on...she loved him, but could never have him for her own.

Her teddy was all she had of him. Her little piece of him for her to cuddle into, to hold onto when she cried and when her heart ached to just see him one more time. But for days, he had said not a word...and she wished more then anything he would realise how much it hurt her.
She felt guilty...because in her eyes, it was her fault he stopped talking. She pushed him away time and time again, telling him she loved him so many times, when she knew from the start he could never love her...but yet, he was the one who hardly speak to her...like he didn't want to talk to her. She tried to see what was wrong, but he started to stop opening up to her...she felt so alone...

Her eyes began to water. The image of his wonderful face gleamed into her mind and she longed to just jump into his arms and be held close to him. He was everything to her...the one guy who could make her worse days sparkle with just a few words, or with that gorgeous smile that he would show her time and time again. Even if she couldn't have him as more then just a friend, she loved having him in her life the way she did.

Soon images of her dream played through her head. The night of passion they shared...the night that made her whole world become like a stary night sky, filled with fireworks. His lips against hers, his body held close to her as the magic sparked all through the night. It was heaven to be in his arms, to have his touch all over her...how many nights she wished it could happen again.
Feeling a small tear roll down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away and painted a smile on her face like normal. The smile that had to be there for people to see, so they didn't worry about her and her feelings. She couldn't have people worrying about her when she wanted nothing more then peoples worries to hide her own.

Walking downstairs, her teddy was held pressed against her chest. She felt empty inside, but her heart beat with a race in its rhythm...
Her chest raised and fell. Her parents couldn't understand what was running through her mind. They had guessed what happened, but she wouldn't let them bring her even further down...she couldn't stand on her own two feet without him, and if her parents began to say things about him more and more, her dreams would break and her heart would long for him even more then it did usually...

"Morning" her mother called. She just mumbled a reply and walking into the frontroom. Her body floping onto the sofa as she curled in a ball and wished her life would somehow become happy again. Her mother walked into the room then, and sat next to her. Inside she sighed, knowing her mother would start off again, asking whats wrong, wanting to know everything when she just wanted to get out of there. How much it hurt to bring up all the depressing thoughts but would her parents understand?? No...they'd just keep carrying on, not caring that their 'words of wisdom' just made everything hurt more...

Her phone soon vibrated. She looked down and saw she had a message, puzzled completely to see someone actually texted her for once. Her mother started talking but her voice became a fuzzy noise...as her eyes watched the tiny screen open the message, her heart seemed to race...

'Hey...x'

That's all it read. But when she looked at the senders name, it was from him...her fingers soon typed a reply, asking if she could meet him now...needing to see him. He had spoken to her, she didn't think about what would happen, if he'd just not reply again and leave her.
She waited and waited, trying to seem like she was interested in what her mother was saying, but really she wasn't hearing a word. She could hear his voice, just saying that one word...how much she longed for him to say it again...to just hear his voice, because it was like music to her ears.

She waited for an hour. Her mother had given up long before and was in the kitchen, making a noise that kept pulling her out from her dreaming. He had spoke to her first...and as she sat there, so still...her heart beat heavily through her, her ears deafened by the sound...until the door bell rang.

Her heart leaped, longing it to be him...but knowing it couldn't be. He hadn't texted her for a whole hour, he wasn't going to suddenly turn up at her door...
Wiping a lone tear from her cheek, she got up and started for the stairs, she wouldn't let her parents see her cry, not again...her mother was talking to someone at the door, and she heard a voice she recognised so well...

"Please...let me see her?? I need to talk to her." the voice spoke. That music she had longed for, for so long now...it seemed like years had pasted by since she had last heard it.

Her body moved with speed. Teddy in hand, she pushed past her mum and stood infront of him. His eyes looked as beautiful as ever, his hair perfectly sculpted across his left eye...his clothes as colourful as ever. He was there, standing right infront of her...was this a dream she hadn't woken up from yet again??

"I'm so sorry..." he spoke. His arms held slightly out from him, like he wanted her to hug onto him. And she did just that. Jumping into his arms she held onto him tightly, scared he'd soon vanish from her eyes...it couldn't be a dream, because everything about him was as perfect as the last time she had seen him.

She didn't care about the pain, she didn't care about the way his hands rested on the small of her back, she didn't care about her heart beating so loudly he could have heard it from a mile away, she didn't care that over the past few weeks, all she had ever wanted...was right in her arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx ♥ xx