Status: It's September and the team is back after a two week vacation. (Takes place of Season 6.)

Missing or Not?

Scared to Death

Meanwhile.....

JJ was in her office. Reid was at his desk because he's always early. Morgan just came off the elevator and was his way towards Reid.They began to talk about their vacations.

"Look," Reid said.

Morgan turned around to see Hotch coming into work after most of them. Normally he lives after every one, if at all, and comes in even before Reid.

After a few moments of awe the boys went back to talking about their vacations. The elevator dinged, which caught Reid's attention just long enough to see Erin Strauss come off the elevator. Reid knew this wasn't good. One of the last time she came she tried to talk Hotch out of his job. He watch Strauss as she entered Hotch's office and quietly shut the door. He could no longer hear Morgan.

"Hey Kid," Morgan said.
"Yeah?"
"What were you watching?"
"Who? Who was I watching?"

Morgan gave him a look that made him answer the question.

"Erin Strauss."
"Like I said, 'What'."
"She went into Hotch's office."
"Get ready for hell to break loose on this team."
"What does she want? It seems her whole goal is to destroy this team."
"She obviously has to compensate for her failure."
"Failure at what?"
"Who knows?"
"Then how can you be so sure she's compensating for failure. Maybe it's something more complex."
"Reid, she's like a school bully. She wants to destroy this team because some one or some thing destroyed her and she hates seeing us successful."
"For once I'm not the one rambling."
"Excuse me?"
"Huh? Oh, it's just, your going on about this."
"Were you listening to me at all?"
"Yeah, uh, she's a school bully, right?"

Morgan rolled his eyes and walked away. Reid snickered as he left. He was happy he had switched roles. Typically Morgan messed with him. Now he got the chance to mess with Morgan.

Rossi had come in shortly after Strauss, but no one had notice because they were all preoccupied with some one or some thing else.

JJ then gathered everyone for the case. It was in Atlanta. Shorter women with black hair and high authority power in their early and mid-thirties are the victims. They profiled the man as being around the same age as his victims. He takes these women at night and the next morning they are found dead in downtown Atlanta.

"Erin," Rossi said, "would you be joining us to Atlanta?"
"Until you can find a temporary replacement for Agent Prentiss," Strauss responded coldly.
"Great," Rossi said sarcastically.

The plane landed at noon. They went to where they needed to be as fast as they could. If they got him before sun down they would have no more victims by him. The sun sets at 7:51 PM. Rossi and Hotch went to talk to the first victim's house. Reid and Morgan went to the newest crime scene. JJ and Strauss went to the station. JJ would talk to the last victim's parents and Strauss would talk to the second victim's.

"You know what," Reid said, paging through the files while Morgan drove.
"Reid, unless it's who the UNSUB is I don't wanna hear it."
"Actually I was going to say the victims resemble Prentiss to a very high degree."
"Give me that."

Morgan pulled the files out of Reid's hands. They swerved as he did so. Morgan controlled the car before looking at the files.

"They don't look like Prentiss."
"Can I have the files back?"

Morgan passed him back the files as the rode up to the crime scene.

"Is this the most recent picture of your daughter?" JJ asked, holding a picture a young woman in her hand.
"Yes," the father replied. "It was taken this summer on our trip to Florida."
"Thank you. I'll call with any news."

JJ shook hands with Mrs. and Mr. Preston. They walked out the door and she left behind them. She went to the conference room. She stuck a tack through the picture of Payton Abby. Strauss came in and handed JJ another picture. One of Jessica Rachael. She put that on the board too.

"They look like Prentiss," JJ said, mostly to herself.
"I think Agent Prentiss will be fine," Strauss answered.