‹ Prequel: I'm Scared
Status: Active!

Family Man

Image

When people ask me how TJ and I ended up the way we did, I don't have an answer for them. All I know is that TJ Oshie is the love of my life and I'm thankful to be where we are. We dated on and off throughout the first two years of university. In our third year, we became serious; I guess that was when we both realized we didn't want to be with anyone else. TJ left after the third year to start his professional hockey career with the St. Louis Blues. I knew his new lifestyle would be tempting, and so we decided to keep in touch, but simply as friends. I knew he had his fair share of girls, but when he showed up at my dorm one may afternoon and told me he couldn't live without me and he didn't want a different girl every night, I knew our uncertain days were behind us. That summer when I graduated with a major in animal science, I moved to St. Louis, got a job, and got my own apartment. TJ and I decided it was best not to live together right away. After a year of successful dating, we were both 22 and ready to take the next step.There were, of course, major ups and major downs, but each dispute ended with a kiss. We always worked through everything together, and we both knew we had something that not everyone gets to experience so young. At the age of 24, TJ Oshie and I were young, engaged, and in love. We got married on October 15th of that year, and now we are 25 and trying to start a family.

This is a sequel to I'm Scared. You don't have to read it to understand this story but you can read it if you want, I know there's not enough Osh out there ;)