Status: In progress,stay tuned for updates.

That Stepbrother of Mine

That Stepbrother of Mine ch.12(Amber`s pov)

“What did I just do,” I asked myself after Lucas left.

The look on his face when I told him I couldn`t date him was heartbreaking. It`s not that I
don`t want him, I just don`t want to get hurt again. I picked up my cell phone and dialed Marco`s number.

“Hey Marco, feel like having a sleepover,” I asked him.

One hour later

I waited for Marco in the living room and ordered some pizza. Whenever one of us had some type of problem we would have a sleepover. Marco, Melissa, and I would eat pizza, ice cream, and talk about our problems. Tonight it would just be me and Marco; if I had invited Melissa I would`ve had to tell her what my problem was.

As much as I love Melissa, she can be really shallow. Plus I don`t think I could take her, calling me a whore for trying to take Lucas away from her. Melissa and Lucas slept together during our sophomore year. After that Melissa instantly became one of Lucas`s groupies; she followed him around, hung on his every word, and drooled over him constantly.

And when Lucas started to pay attention to me, she yelled at me in front of the entire school to stay away from her man. You would think after that embarrassing episode that I wouldn`t want to talk to Melissa ever again; but I didn`t want an embarrassing experience like that to tear apart our relationship. She had been my best friend ever since we were in diapers.

Ding Dong

I went to go get the door and found Marco standing there with a box of popcorn.

“So what`s wrong,” he asked me.

I pulled Marco inside and told him the entire story. After I finished Marco just sat there staring at nothing.

“Amber why didn`t you just go out on one date with him,” he asked.

“Because I just don`t want to get hurt again,” I told him.

“But why do you think Lucas is going to hurt you,” he asked clearly getting frustrated with me.

“Ambie what are you afraid of,” Marco asked me quietly.

“I`m afraid he`s going to hurt me like Gabriel did. Gabriel and Lucas were a part of the same circle when I met them. And they are both man-whores that`ll screw anything in a dress. Besides if Gabriel hurt me then what`s to keep Lucas from hurting me.

“Oh, Ambie both Lucas and Gabriel might`ve hung out in the same group but they aren`t anything alike. They both might be man-whores but Lucas does have standards; you know damn well all the girls that Lucas has been with haven`t been complete sluts and majority of them have been really smart. But Gabriel will screw anything in a skirt, just look at who you caught him with,” he said confidently.

I thought about how true his words were; Lucas and Gabriel had been a part of the same circle. But when he cheated on me with Monica York they all completely shunned him out of the circle.

“But there`s one thing I don`t understand, if you knew that Gabriel was such a man-whore why date him in the first place,” Marco asked me curiously.

“Because he promised he would change, and I was stupid enough to believe,” I told him embarrassed.

“Amber I`m not saying you should become his girlfriend but it would be healthy for you to at least give him a chance,” he said.
When Marco and I finally fell asleep the only thing that was on my mind was man-whores and changes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will probably be up by Sunday. So in the mean time read, subscribe, tell your friends how great of a story it is whatever. LOL