Heart and Soul

Prologue

Short yet deep breaths, and rushed but careful footsteps echoed through his mind, clawing at it - paining him with each new sound. His eyes flicked to the horizon. good, the sun's still up he thought, not for long, he added. Something hit his leg, a dull metallic thump accentuated the pain. bollocks! forgot to take it off!. He clicked his right fingers. Blades, sliding into the voids once occupied by fingernails, cut through the air with a shrill screech. Using his index finger, he swiftly cut off his sheath, allowing to fall to the ground, with a loud clatter that made him wince. This action may seem mad at first glance, but if Lucius didn't get back to The Spine in time, no sword forged by Son of Man, Lord of Heaven or a Dreg of Hell could save him. For what will come out at night, strikes fear into those from all 3 realms.

He started up his run again. Glancing at the sun, just long enough to leave a blue and purple afterburn on his eyes, he realised that you're not gonna make it, not like this. To a passerby, if anyone could be foolish enough to still be out at this time, it would seem that he had effortlessly changed form into some sort of superhuman. But this was not so, his entire body was on fire, he was trained to do this in a Lime Room: A room specifically designed to calm and relax every neurone in the brain, every muscle in the brain. To make the change easy to make. He was certainly not trained to try and add extra muscle to his legs and strengthen his arms while running for his life. But under certain situations, no matter what pain besets you, if you try hard enough relief will come. His legs began to bulge in herculean tones. His padded pants were not fitted to this almost Superhuman figure. The seams began to rip, the tearing sound echoing each footstep. Soon nothing was left but the fabric trapped under his belt.

Snow started to fall, but it did not deter him from his course, he knew exactly how to get to The Spine, so his eyelashes, falling on his eyes dense with snow merely stung.
Compared to the feeling of, well, not being correct it was as if a fly had landed on the shield of a Titan. The flakes that landed on his legs however, vaporised instantly with the massive heat radiating off the legs wider than the mans torso. Suddenly, the brightest Red lantern pierced his snowy vision. =home!= He flew through where he knew the gate should be and collapsed onto the expected stone floor. He writhed as his body retook his normal form, squirming as muscles he never knew he had ached in a way he thought impossible. He saw a blurry image wearing a purplish haze as a cloak. Indicating with what Lucius guessed as a sceptre of office, he jested.

'Lucius! Hah, if you can manipulate muscle, why not add some where it counts?'

'Angelo.' Lucius breathed,' 'You utter bastar..' He abruptly passed out before completing his obscenity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not exactly the longest or best... But this scene has been running through my head for months. And I couldn't fit it into the rest of the story, so I did what all authors did and called it a Prologue!