Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Bang!

Today was another meeting for Dumbledore’s Army, I thought as I walked to the Room of Requirements. Harry had told us at the last meeting that we would be doing patronuses again. I couldn’t wait. I was already getting better at my magic. I could disband a wand from someone’s hand just like that, and I was working to perfect my patronus.

On the way there, I met up with Luna. We were being extra careful not to get caught by Umbridge’s gang, which consisted of Filch the caretaker, typical Draco and his gang and most of the other Slytherins; who hated Dumbledore. Most of the Slytherins have been petted by Toad Face to do her dirty work. They would snoop around the premises of the Room of Requirements just to see if they could get in.

They haven’t managed to, yet, but I had a feeling they would. Umbitch has her ways.

“When do you think Toad Face will give up?” I asked just as we entered the room. Most of the members of the organization were there. When I saw Fred, he winked at me from over his twin’s shoulder. I blew a kiss back.

Soon we were practicing, and everything looked as if it was going smoothly, but there was that thought that she along with her minions would come busting in. I tried to ignore that thought as I thought of the happiest thought ever, and soon the tip of my wand was glowing silver like before.

The raven came out of the tip within a blink an eye. It darted around the room surprising Harry who came walking by to see how each and every one of us was doing. His emerald eyes widened as the raven flew by. I giggled as the silvery raven vanished in thin air.

“That’s better than last time, Anissa,” he praised with a smile.

“Nah, it couldn’t have been better than the time you fought off billions of dementors two years ago.”

“You heard about that?”

“Hermione told me.”

Bang!

The loud bang sounded like it was coming from outside the room. Everyone including me turned to listen more closely. It seemed that everyone in the room was thinking that if they looked at each other that one would give them an answer to who or what was making that sound. My heart was racing. Somehow all of us knew that Umbridge and her gang were the cause of all the commotion. I could feel it.

I looked over at Nigel Wespurt who was close to one of the mirror like walls. He looked as if he was trying to figure out where the sound was coming from, which was now making half the room quake. It sounded like someone was banging something large and heavy into the wall as if they were attempting to break down the very wall that Nigel was standing in front of.

Just then, the wall crumbled a little bit to reveal a hole, which was big enough to see through, and that’s just what Nigel did. We heard Toad Face’s undeniable screech from the other side.

“Get out of the way!” I exclaimed as I took a step forward to try and save Nigel from an incoming spell, which came just then from the other side of the wall. Luckily, Nigel got out of the way in time as the wall came crumbling down to reveal us to Umbridge and her gang.

“Damn,” I breathed as I backed up knowing that all of us were in trouble. Then, again, maybe Dumbledore could work his magic and get us Scott free or at a least get us a lesser punishment, but I felt this not to be. Umbitch would find a way of getting us all expelled or detentions for the rest of our teenage lives.

“Well, well, what do we have here?” Toad Face said with her wand extended. Her minions sneered at us with their wands at the ready daring any of us to move. We couldn’t if we wanted too. All of us were standing still as statues thinking that maybe we could blend in with our surroundings.

Among the few minions there, there was one face that caught my attention. Draco. He sneered at us and for just a moment our eyes met, stormy grey to light blue. The sneer disappeared from his pale lips. I turned away not wanting to look at his face.

It wasn’t a surprise, but why was I hoping otherwise? Draco was ruthless. He’d do anything; even join Umbridge in her crusade to take over Hogwarts.

“Potter, come with me,” Umbridge said with a smirk on her thin pink lips.

She looked triumph and giddy for what was to come. She had the authority it seemed the last few months at Hogwarts. After all, the Toad Faced hag was Hogwarts High Inquisitor. She practically ruled the school, and if anyone got in her way or disagreed with her rulings; there would be hell to pay. Just last week, Umbridge tried and unsuccessfully to throw the Divinations professor, Trelawney out of Hogwarts. Dumbledore had interfered and put a stop to Umbridge’s antics, but I felt this would be his mistake; Umbridge could and would make him pay.

~*~

The wall began to crumble to reveal Dumbledore’s Army, who all looked like deer caught in headlights; I smirked. I noticed some faces. All that I suspected to have joined this pathetic group, but then, there was one face that made me blush with shame, Anissa; my smirk disappeared. She looked infuriated and as soon as Umbridge commanded that Potter come with her, Anissa’s pale blue eyes met mine. It felt as if she was looking into my very soul, but all too soon she looked away in shame I propose.

What did she expect of me?

I knew there was no hope for our so called friendship then. What had I done? I didn’t actually think Umbridge would get this far. Anissa was going to hate me. Then, again why should I care? Anissa was with him? I had no chance with her, but why was I even think this? I didn’t even like her that way. She was a Ravenclaw and I, a Slytherin. She’d never go for a guy like me, not after this ordeal.

I guess, I could live with that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, please!:D I'll try and update as soon as possible, but I have school and I'll be busy most of the time. Just be patient for the next update! I know this one isn't much, but I wanted to update for all of you!:D I hope you enjoyed it!:D