Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

You're Beautiful

There had been betrayal in the air. We had not quite figured it out who did it, but Harry had a clue. One of my fellow Ravenclaws had told. Her name was Marietta Edgecombe. There was uproar amongst Dumbledore’s Army. Everyone proclaimed her a traitor all except for Cho Chang; her best friend. I could not believe that one of my own house members had been the sneak. Marietta seemed nice, but I never assumed that she would be the corrupt.

We had to suffer while she got out Scott free. How could she do such a thing?

Walking out of my dorm, I crossed paths with Marietta. She had thick makeup on, and even with all that caked makeup on, I could slightly see the words “SNEAK” written in pimples; they were huge. I guess Hermione’s jinx on the piece of parchment worked quite well, which would reveal to us who betrayed us.

Marietta did not look up to meet my eyes. For a moment I almost felt pity for her, but that faded when she said, “I beat you and Granger came up with this. Go ahead laugh it up.”

I shook my head, and simply said with no emotion, “You got what you deserved.” A flash of what I thought was hurt and shame shown in her eyes, but was soon replaced by seer frustration.

“No one understands.” She said, walking ahead of me. Once she was out of sight, I walked down the stairs to breakfast.

~*~


After a wholesome breakfast, I walked with the Golden Trio to Potions. Harry was complaining to Ron that Umbridge wouldn’t late him have his mail, and he suspected that she had been the corrupt of Hedwig; his owl’s injury, not by a supposed Thestral. He also spoke of his godfather, which I had found out was none other than Sirius Black. The Trio had explained to me one night after a D.A. meeting that Sirius was innocent, which I had already figured out. Peter Pettigrew had done it, which I already knew. I had snooped around my Deatheater care provider’s homes trying to eavesdrop in on some meetings and such. He had been Ron’s rat, literally speaking. He was an Animagus, and one of James Potter’s best friends. Well, former best friend. We walked in on Snape prattling on. He glared at us as we took our seats. I did my best to ignore Draco. I wasn’t as mad at him as I should have been, but I would put on a good show. I felt his eyes on me, but I was determined to hold my ground. I continued staring at the front of the classroom, and he eventually turned away. That didn’t last long.

“What are you looking at?” I whispered at him.

“You.”

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. “Well quit it! You’re making it hard to ignore you.”

SLAM

I almost jumped out of my seat. I looked over at Draco. He did fall out of his chair. The classroom erupted in laughter and I fought back a smile. The smile was wiped off my face when I looked up to see Snape towering over us.

“Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Delacorte, why aren’t you on page 394?

Draco climbed back into his chair as I looked for my book. It wasn’t there.

“Ms. Delacorte, you shall share with your partner. Now get to work.”

“Let’s get this over with,” I muttered.

Draco sighed. “Anissa-“

“No. You are not trying to explain yourself. You have no good reason for what you did.”

I turned away and started to gather the ingredients. He sighed again. I thought he had given up. I was wrong.

“Just give me one minute to say what I have to say, and then you continue shunning me for the rest of your life.”

“Fine,” I said curtly.

“Why are we always fighting?”

I raised an eyebrow. “Maybe, because you’re a raging jerk face?”

“I deserved that.”

This stunned me at first. Draco, admitting he did something wrong? I think he noticed.

“Yes, I know it’s shocking.”

I smiled. Then I realized what I was doing and tried to scowl. I failed.

“You’re beautiful.”

Some distant part of my mind registered the fact that he seemed shocked too. The rest of me was gaping at him like an idiot. We both blushed like mad and turned away. I reached for the wolfsbane, but Draco had the same idea. Our hands bumped and I jerked. The bottle smashed on the floor.

“What the devil is going on in here? Detention in the morning, both of you. Now clean up this mess.”

I mumbled obscenities under my breath as Draco and I cleaned up the mess. I glanced up and saw my friends looking at me oddly. I blushed and turned away quickly.

~*~


Hermione pulled me aside after class. I had been dreading this moment. Hermione was smart. She would have seen the way I was acting around Draco.

“What is up with you and Draco?”

I swallowed. I tried to think of an appropriate response. I had nothing. Hermione’s eyes narrowed.

“What do you mean what’s up with me? What’s up with you and Ron?” Well, that distracted her.

Hermione blushed. I smirked and walked away victorious. As it happened, she wasn’t giving up that easily. She grabbed my arm and dragged me around the corner.

“He’s dangerous. Whatever you think you’re doing, stop.”

Draco, dangerous? Ha! I could kick his butt in a heartbeat.

“Don’t worry; I can take care of the likes of him.”

“You’re not taking me seriously! You don’t know how dangerous he can be.”

“And Lord Voldemort is secretly a ballerina.” I could tell Hermione was trying to keep a straight face, but failed. A smile graced her lips, and she was giggling; she even snorted. This made me giggle also.

Once, she gained her composer, Hermione’s serious face was back on, and then she said, “You don’t know Malfoy like I do, Anissa. He’s a Slytherin, and you and I know that every member of that house are Dark Witches and Wizards. Nothing but pure darkness comes from that house.”

“Jeez, Hermione, it’s Draco. It’s not like he’s going to Avada Kedavra my arse when I turn my back on him. If he did, I’d haunt his every waking moment.”

Hermione sighed at this, and shook her head in defeat. She should know by now that I'm hardheaded. “All I’m saying is keep your eye on him.”

“Nothing is going to happen to me, Hermione.” I said, putting a arm around her shoulder. We walked like that all the way to Transfigurations.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long, long wait! Finally, it's up and I'm getting by my Writer's Block, thanks to the help of my best friend KatherineAlvers!:) She helped me type most of this, and came up with ideas to help me out.

Comment:)