Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Interrogation

Fred! I don’t deserve someone as great as him! I betrayed him! I’m a worthless cheater! I-

My internal ranting was cut off by a noise outside the curtain. It was a voice, not just any voice, Umbridge’s. I stick close to the wall, heck I don’t even breathe for fear of Umbitch hearing me.

“Where are they, Mr. Malfoy?”

“I don’t know.”

There’s a pause and footsteps going down the stairs. I mentally scream at the trio to stay put, but to do that, I’d give up my hiding spot, and make Draco look like a liar.

What was I thinking? Did I really care what I made Draco look like? The guy is pretty much the furthest thing from trustworthy can get!

“Harry!” I hear Ginny Weasley’s panicked voice breathe.

“Shut up, you stupid filthy little mudblood!” Pansy’s shrieked. What, Ginny’s not muggleborn? Stupid, Pansy. I laugh inwardly at her stupidity.

“What do we have here?” Umbitch shrilled in delight. I winced. Why did I have to be stuck behind a curtain for crying out loud!

“Umbridge, you've taken it way too far!” Harry seethed at the toad, and I could just see the look of pure hatred on his face as he spoke. “Your iron fist on Hogwarts ends tonight!”

The evil headmistress shrieked with a high pitched giggle that felt like it was making my ears bleed. “I'd love to see you try, Potter. You, Granger and Wealsey have become quite the nuisances. I plan to take care of you three for good.” I could picture the smirk on her toad-like face widening in delicate.

“You wouldn't try!” Ron challenged, sounding as if someone was being held back by someone. I heard idiotic laughter from her cronies at his attempts to get at her.

“Now, grab these three rule breaking brats and bring them to my office! I have some questions for Mr. Potter, here.”

When they were gone up the stairs to Umbridge's office, I breathed a sigh of relief. I came out of my hiding spot to see the classroom was completely empty. From the office above, I could hear Umbridge's “nails on chalkboard” voice interrogating Harry.

I had too do something, I thought as I slowly walked toward the stairs. I ascended them carefully step by step. Each step was like an eternity. One wrong move and I'd be caught by one of Umbrige's little helpers. I knew Pansy would take pleasure in doing so. She has been trying and succeeding on getting on Toad Face's good side for the entire year.

Luckily, I made it without a problem, and crouched down out of sight outside the doorway. I turned my head to hear someone coming in the classroom. I pretty much had nowhere to run, so I stay where I was ready to be caught in the act, but when they mounted the stairs to the office, I realized that the person was none other than my father. He look down at me for a second giving me one look that reassured me that he wasn't going to rat me out as he entered Umbrige's office.

“You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?” Umbridge asked from inside the office.

Harry said “no” only to have his jaws rung. I winced.

“You sent for me, my Mistress?” My father asked with his hands clasps together in front of him.

“Snape, yes! The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?”

“I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Edgecombe.” There was a pause. “Unless you wish to poison him- and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. I cannot help you.”

Why would my father propose such a preposterous thing?

“He's got Padfoot.”

My father pauses in the doorway.

“He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden.”

“Padfoot?” Umbridge demanded. “What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about,.Snape?” Umbridge stares him down, intensely as my father turns to come face her with one eyebrow raised.

There a long drawn out pause.

“No idea,” He replies.

“Very well.” Umbridge said as I peered in the doorway a little to see her, turning away from Harry, who was seated in a chair in front of her desk. I caught a glimpse of a few faces I noticed. I recognized Luna and Neville had been caught by her goons. “You give me no choice, Potter. As this an issue of Ministry security. . . .you leave with. . . no alternative.”

There was a short pause in which everyone in the room plus me, holds their breaths.

“The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue.”

I heard a few gasp in horror and outrage at this proposition.

“That's illegal,” Hermione chimed in.

“What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him.” Umbridge turns to place the Minister's picture face down on her desk. She then, points her wand directly at Harry. For an instance, I almost bolted in, but thought better of it.

That would be suicide, and my cover would be blown.

“Tell her, Harry!” Hermione yelled, frantically.

“Tell me what?” Umbridge turns her head to look at her.

“Well, if you won't tell her where it is. . . .I will.”

“Where what is?”

“Dumbledore's secret weapon.”

I knew something was up. Hermione wouldn't just cave in like this. She had too have something up her sleeve. Maybe, a trick, possibly.

“Where is this secret weapon? Tell me!” Umbridge demanded a little bit too eagerly.

Harry swallowed. “We'll show you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in a long while! I'm still busy with school and will be even more busy getting ready for exams and graduating from high school. I'll try and update as much I can, but I'm not promising the updates will be fast. Bear with me, now!X(