Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Complications

I was on my way down to breakfast when I ran into someone I would rather never see again. Instinctively, I tried to avoid his antics, but it was too late. I had been spotted. He headed towards me with his usual smirk and I started walking faster. Trying to get to the great hall before he reached me.

“Delacorte!” I cringed. I turned around slowly.

“Leave me alone,” I said through my teeth.

He sighed. He actually looked serious. I was starting to worry.

“Look, I have something important to tell you. Meet me by the lake tonight at midnight. And actually come. It’s important.” And with that, he turned and walked away.

I spent the rest of the day contemplating whether or not I should go. He looked serious. Wait, why am I even considering this? But, what if it’s important? These two thoughts circulated through my head during all of my classes. Soon, it was time for dinner. I must have been acting strange, because I caught Hermione looking at me a few times throughout dinner. After, dinner I still wasn’t sure I was going, but as I was walking out of the Great Hall with my friends, my curiosity got the best of me.

I decided to go.

~*~

I was walking back to my dorm from the bathroom when I saw Anissa sneaking down the hallway. I contemplated following her. On one hand, I was Hermione Granger. I didn’t break rules. On the other hand, what was one more rule broken? I’d certainly broke plenty following Harry and Ron around. I got up and grabbed my cloak.

~*~

The whole time I was walking down the hall, I couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was following me. But, every time I turned around, there was no one there. It must have been my mind playing tricks on me. I wouldn’t have been nervous if I didn’t want to disappoint Dumbledore by breaking the rules. He was doing me a huge favor. I didn’t want to disappoint him.

Draco was already there when I got to the lake. He was leaning against a tree, so when he suddenly moved, I almost had a heart attack. This meeting wasn’t going to end well. One of would end up being thrown in the lake and it wasn’t going to be me.

“So, what’s this about Draco?”

He took a big breath. “I know this is going to sound bad, but I heard my father talking about you with… your father.”

I felt my eyes widen. I fought to keep myself in check. He probably doesn’t know who my father is. Wait that means his father is a Deatheater. Against my will, I felt myself backing away. He looked hurt for a moment, till he seemed to realize what I was thinking.

“Wait! You need to hear what they were saying.”

I stopped. I don’t know why. I should have been running for the hills. But he seemed legit. I could at least hear him out.

He sighed in relief. “My father… my father saw you with the Weaselys in Diagon Alley.”

I froze. How could I have been so stupid? I knew I shouldn’t have gone out in public like that.

I swallowed. “Did they say anything else?” I asked quietly.

“He just told my father not to go after you. That… that he had plans for you.”

I had one more question for him. “Do you know who my father is?”

He gazed at me sadly. He nodded once.

I let out a deep breath. “Do you hate me now?”

He looked at me oddly. I couldn't read the expression in his gray eyes. “Why do you care?”

“I… I don’t it’s just…”

“I don’t hate you,” he said softly.

“Oh, well…” I could tell I was blushing and really wanted to get out of here. I guess he could tell, because he told me that was all he had to say and I could go now if I wanted to. I practically ran back to my dorm.

~*~

I watched her run back to the school. I wanted to go after her, but I knew I shouldn’t. She would be better off without me, anyway. I ran my hands threw my hair and threw a rock into the lake. This was getting complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = LOVE!<3