Near to You.

010. Part one.

It was the 23rd of December and Asher was visiting her brothers home. His pregnant wife, Jessicka lay on the couch watching reruns of Will&Grace as Gavin and Asher sat in the kitchen talking. 
"I don't know Gav, he's so sweet but there is just something in the back of my mind stopping me from putting myself out there." 
"Because he's burned you before. You're scared, hell you've been scared with every fucking guy-" 
"Language!" Jessicka joked from the other room. 
"Every fucking guy you date," He laughed and shook his head. "You have to learn to wear your heart on your sleeve sometimes. It can work for the better, you know." He smiled and took a swig of his beer. "Matts a good guy. He was young and fucking retarded." Gavin paused., Asher could tell in his head he was counting. 
"Language!" Jessicka's giggles filled the room. 
"The joys of having a kid on the way," He laughed then continued. "He isn't going to hurt you again, he's said it a million times and besides, even if he does, I'll fucking murder him." 
Asher let this soak in for a moment. Maybe Gavin was right, maybe he will never hurt her again. But wounds like hers never fully heal and both her and Matt knew this. 
"Thanks Gavin," Asher smiled and stood to her feet. "I'll see you on Christmas." She gave her older brother a quick hug, waved to Jessicka, and made her way out the door. 
After a long drive back from Coto back to Laguna, Asher noticed the large present that sat on her front door step. It was wrapped in light pink paper with tiny, glittery poka dots. 
On the top a note was attached. 
Dear Ash,
Do not, I repeat, do not open this till I knock on your door tomorrow. Okay? I know you're stubborn but I think you can handle waiting one night. 
Love,
Matt.


Asher smiled and rattled the box but nothing made a noise or even moved. She shook her head and stuffed it under the tree completely forgetting about it the rest of the night. 
It was around one o'clock, when Asher had woken up from a long slumber that she started to get excited about the present. It was so large and so mysterious, Asher had to look. But just as she went to unwrap the paper, a soft knock came from the front door. 
"Matt!" Asher nearly screamed as she swung open the door 
"I see someone has been waiting for me." He chuckled and hugged her tightly. 
"Can I open it now?" She sounded like a child on Christmas morning. She looked like one too, the way she tore at the wrapping paper viciously. It was an white box, large and long and she was almost terrified to take off the lid. Asher slowly lifted it and let her eyes adjust. She didn't know if she was seeing thing or not. 
The baby pink fabric flowed between each finger, dancing softly against her skin. Her glossy eyes were swept with tears as she stared down at the box in complete silence. Asher cautiously lifted the beautiful cloth out    of the pink wrapping paper and held it up to her chest and let out a heart wrenching sob. "Wh-where did you find it?" She wiped her eyes and smoothed out the sheer, bright pink bottom and flashed Matt a small smile. 
"Someone owed me a favor." He leaned forward and pressed his hand against her cheek and brought his lips to her temple. 
"You," Asher's voice was cracking as she shakily brought her place her hand over his and snuggled closer. "Shouldn't have done this."
"Do you love it?" He asked, his lips still lingering against Asher's skin. 
"More than you know." She whispered. 
"Put it on." Matt snatched the dress away from her and stood to his feet. 
"Should I?" 
"That's why I bought it for you, didn't I?" He smirked and watched as she lifted her shirt from her stomach and over her shoulders. "A bit excited?" He laughed and stared at her body in awe. She was perfect in every way. From her soft stomach, to her beautiful breasts that almost spilled from her plain black bra. Matt watched as she pulled down her jeans, revealing a pair of striped cotton underwear. The way it hugged her voluptuous behind made a smile creep across Matt's lips.
"Will you zip me up?" Asher asked, holding her blond hair above her shoulders showing off her toned, tan skin. 
"You look beautiful," Matt whispered in her ear as his hands trailed up her spine, taking the zipped with him. Matts lips pressed against the nap of her neck and he could visibly see the goose bumps sweep across her skin. He smirked. 
"Thank you," She said barely audible and fluffed the silky pink bow that lay just below her stomach.
"Don't thank me." He whispered, "Not yet at least." Asher stared at him through the mirror in confusion. 
"There's more?" She questioned and ran her hands over the dress for the hundredth time. On Que. A knock sounded from the living room. Matt left Asher alone as he went to answer.  Gena was waiting on the other side, a black tote bag in her hands and a black, lacy dress and heels in the other. "Does she love it?" 
"She cried her eyes out," He said, satisfied. Gena clasped her hands together and strutted into the bedroom. 
"Hey," She smiled at Asher and set down her bag, opening it and grabbing out a curling iron. 
"Hey Gena! EmWhat are you doing here?" 
"I'm here to get you ready!" She beamed and began setting all her make up on the bathroom counter top. 
"Ready for what?" Asher was confused once again. 
"You'll fond out soon," Gena giggled and sat Asher down on a chair, wiping away her running black eye make up. 
Seconds turned into minutes and minutes had turned into an hour. Pretty soon, Gena was finished with Asher and herself. 
"Matts quite the romantic, isn't he?" Gena smiled as she slipped a pair of black peep toe pumps on. 
"I never would have expected this." She laughed and stared at her closed bedroom door. 
"Zack just texted me, they're waiting outside." She grinned and linked arms with Asher, dragging her through the livening room but stopping at the top of the stairs that lead into the parking lot. 
There stood Matt and Zacky, dressed up in suits with corsages in their hands. Matt looked perfect. The black traditional suit fit snug against his muscles, the aviators that sat on his face hid his twinkling hazel eyes, and the vans on his feet made Asher smirk. 
Gena walked down first, engulfing Zacky in a hug. Asher followed suit, her palms began to sweat at the realization of what was going on. She had foiled his plan. 
"Let me see your hand." His raspy voice echoed in her ears as she slowly lay her hand in his. Matt pulled open the clear box and placed the most beautiful corsage around her wrist. It was a simple pink rose with lace fraying from the bottom and babies breath poking from the corners. 
"Matt," Asher breathed and stared deeply into his eyes. "This is..." She was stopped mid sentence when her eyes laid on the black limo pulling up against the sidewalk. Zacky and Gena climbed in first and went straight for the champagne bottle. Asher was in complete awe as she snuggled into Matts side. 
"So Asher, know where we are going yet?" Zacky asked and he pressed the think glass against his lips and wrapped an arm around Gena. 
"I have my ideas." She bit her lower lip and stared up at Matt. He wore a permanent smile. The whole limo ride, they blared The Misfits, screamed along, and sipped on champagne. 
"We're here." Matt whispered in her ear over the loud music. His lips lingered there, brushing sweetly against her sensitive ear lobe. He helped her out of the limo and let her examine her surroundings. They where in front of Zackys house. Asher was confused once again, all her ideas were shot to hell. Matt lace his fingers gently with Ashers and lead her into his house. That's when it all hit her. Pink streamers and balloons lined the walls and twinkling white lights boarded the walls. 
It was the cheesy banner that hung above the back door that got her. 
"PROM 1998" It read. Asher fought the tears back and gripped onto Matts hand tighter. "I wanted to give you your dream prom, because I ruined the last one for you." He smiled and kissed her cheek. As Asher, Matt, Zack, and Gena made their way into the back yard she realized how much he had actually done. Light pink fabric draped the wooden awning and pillars. Twinkling white lights raveled against it and pink balloons were boqueted together in every corner of the yard. A punch bowl and snack table was set out beautifully with a baby pink table cloth and glitter splashed all over it. Asher watched as Brian and Michelle slow danced together net the pool and Johnny and Lacey were sitting at a pink and glittered table. Others were there, Matt and Jason Berry, who she remembered from high school and many more.  
"Matt..." Asher gazed into his hazel orbs. "I think I'm falling in love with you." She gasped and cupped his face with her petite hands and passionately pressed her lips against his. With every movement, tingled and sparks shot through their bodies and at that moment Matt knew he was falling for her too. 
"Cam just spiked the punch bowl, Jason just threw up in the bushes, and Michelle has her tongue down Brians throat. Thats what I call prom!" Johnny yelled and threw his clear plastic cup in the air. The whole back yard erupted into cheers and music began blaring through the speakers. 
"Would you like to dance?" Matt asked and held out a rather large hand. 
"I would love to." Asher smiled and moved onto the dance floor. Although the song had a fast tempo, they could careless. Matt slithered his arms around her waist and stated into her baby blue eyes lovingly. Asher sealed her arms around his neck and pressed her lips carefully against his, feeling his warmth. 
"You look gorgeous." He beamed and pecked her lips softly. 
"You don't look to bad either," She smirked and leaned her head against his shoulder. 
"You know, I heard it's a tradition to have sex on prom night." He paused. "In the limo." 
"Shut up Matt!" Asher laughed and slapped his arm. "You aren't getting any from me." She smirked and brushed her lips against the sensitive skin on his neck. 
"We'll see." He laughed egotistically and ran his fingers through her hair. 
"Don't ruin her hair Sanders, I spent a long time on it!" Vane squealed from the tables and took a sip of her wine. 
"You know, this is a lot like my prom, except I wasn't able to drink legally and I haven't vomited in my dates lap. Leana laughed infectiously and grabbed Jason Berry's hand, leading him to the dance floor. 
Asher smirked when she heard "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul came on. Her arms flailed out and she struck a Paula pose.
"This my song!" Asher screamed and grabbed Gena from the chairs, pulling her onto the dance floor. 
♠ ♠ ♠
No spell check, I apologize.
This is PART ONE of the prom. :D
Enjoy! Happy Holidays!

Oh and hey guys! Check out this site:
Www.bailoutmagazine.com and like us on facebook!