Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XVI

Brian grumbled as he attempted to set up the baby gate on his stairs. Eloise and he had figured that James loved the stairs two days after he started walking, well more like running now. He could hear James pushing some of the kitchen bar stools around on the tiled floor. Chucking, Brian shook his head knowing James was entertained. The front door opened making Brian look over to see Matt and Val walk in.

“What are you doing Gates?” Matt asked as Brian finally got the gate placed right. A little laugh came from the hallway then little thuds.

“When did he start walking?” Val asked as James ran straight to Brian.

“More like start to run,” Matt mumbled watching James attach himself to Brian.

“The day we got back Val, El has it recorded so you’ll have to ask her for it.” Brian told her as he picked James up and tossed him in the air. “So what are you guys doing here so early?”

“Had a doctor appointment earlier then decided to drop by.” Matt answered as Val took James and sat on the floor playing with him. “What are you guys up to while El’s at work?”

“I was gonna take him to the zoo then pick up Eloise after she gets off work.” Brian grabbed a few of James’ snacks and bottles and put them into the diaper bag. “You guys want to come with?”

“Go where?” Val asked slowly getting up from the floor.

“To the zoo preggo, got three more months to go now huh?” Brian asked rubbing her swollen belly.

“Just under, August twelfth is the predicted due date.” Val answered patting her belly where the baby boy kicked. “Matt can we go to the zoo? It’d be fun,” Matt just rolled his eyes and nodded. “Good, what all do you need to put in your car Brian?”

“Oh everything’s in there except James and the diaper bag.” Brian answered as he turned off the TV and let Pinkly back inside. “You guys just gonna follow behind me?”

“Yep we’ll be right behind you Gates.” Matt said pulling his keys out of his pocket. Brian locked the door having them exit out of the garage. Matt and Val got into their car pulling out of the driveway waiting for Brian to pull out. “You think he’s getting better?”

Val smiled and reached over lacing her fingers with Matt. “I think he is. Eloise and James have really helped him.”

“What about Eloise?” Matt asked glancing over at his wife.

“She’s still hesitant about Brian . . . she would be with any guy. I mean he is the first guy she’s dated since Wyatt died.” Val answered as they finally started to head to the zoo.

“I don’t get how Brian just got into the role of being . . .”

“A dad,” Matt glanced over at Val then down at her belly. “You’ll be just as good honey.”

Finally arriving at the LA Zoo, Matt and Val got out of their car. Val got James out of the back and grabbed his diaper bag while Brian got the stroller out of the trunk and opened it up.

“Babe let me put the diaper bag under there, you just relax.” Matt said as Brian took James from her to put James in the stroller.

“Matthew I’m pregnant not disabled.” Val stated giving her husband and former brother in law a glare. Brian just chuckled and shook his head as Matt was reasoning with Val.

“Guys come on let’s just get into the zoo,” Brian told them pushing the stroller to the ticket booth. Getting their tickets they went into the park they decided to just work their way around then decide what exactly they’d want to see.

“Let’s see the Gorilla’s I’m sure James would like that.” Val suggested as she walked hand in hand with Matt. Brian just shrugged as he pushed the stroller. “Brian I have a question.”

“Shoot,”

“Where on earth did you find a matching fedora for him?” Brian and Matt started laughing while Val rolled her eyes. “You even dressed him like you. Did Eloise see this before she went to work this morning?”

“Nope I dressed him so of course he’s going to match me.” Brian smirked as he glanced down at James outfit. He did dress James to match him, Nike shoes, dark wash jeans, a black V neck, and the fedora. He even found aviators for James and put them on him. “Besides, I bet you Matt will do that, and you know it too Val so don’t deny it.”

Throughout the rest of the day they just walked around the park seeing the animals and James reaction to them. With the lions he just sat there staring at them but Brian noticed the Gorilla’s were his favorite. They got to sit by the glass while one of the large males was sitting there staring at them. That’s when Val asked how Matt got on the other side of the glass. Needless to say Brian couldn’t hold himself together while Matt pouted. After they left the zoo, Matt and Val said their goodbyes and headed to have an early dinner. Brian headed back towards Huntington to pick up Eloise.

Parked in front of the school waiting for her, Brian glanced back to see that James was asleep in his car seat. He smiled as Eloise slipped into the car and leaned over to give him a kiss before glancing back at James then over at Brian.

“You dressed him up just like you?” Eloise asked amused by the situation. “Did you guys have fun today?”

“Yep, Matt and Val came over then we took him to the zoo.” Brian shared as he headed back towards the house.

“I hope you got pictures,”

“I did, a few funny ones of Matt and Val too.” Eloise rolled her eyes knowing Brian and Matt probably were wilder then the animals at the zoo. Brian glanced over to see Eloise let out a yawn.

“I really don’t want you to go to Europe,” Eloise mumbled as they pulled into his driveway. Brian nodded as he grabbed James and the bag. “Just summer starts in a few weeks and you’ll be gone for most of it.”

Brian sighed as he placed James in his play pen then turned to Eloise who was lying on the couch. Walking over to her, he slipped himself between her and the couch. “Trust me, I don’t really want to leave either but I’ll be back for the little guy’s birthday and we’ll throw him a big party.”

“I was just going to do something with my family the night of his birthday.” Eloise told him as she curled herself into his body.

“How about on his birthday we have your family and mine, because my dad is in love with the kid and you know Kenna is.” He felt Eloise nod her head and place a kiss on the REV part of his tattoo. “Then the day after we can have a party here. Invite the guys and girls over, maybe invite some of the DCMA family. Benji Madden, Joel and Nicole and their two kids . . .” Brian planned out loud. Not getting a response back, Brian looks down to see that Eloise was already asleep. Kissing the top of her head he let out a sigh. “You have no idea how hard I’m falling for you guys.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating again cause...well I'm a little buzzed right now from the cosmo my neighbor made...little more vodka of the gods then cosmo, totally gross...never ever again...don't drink kids, unless you're the legal age, or have supervision... >.<

anyways...I'm like two chapter ahead I believe, I'm trying to write it all out since hockey season will be finished by early april then it's play offs and that'll just take over my mind. Especially since the kings are one point away from being in 4th for Western Conferance...

Okay I'm going to quit babbling.

Love you guys. Thanks for to all readers/subscribers (hiya new ones)/commenters.

love to know your thoughts