Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XIX

Eloise grinned as she watched James run around the backyard with his cousins. Looking over her shoulder she watched Brian, Brent, Sam, and Daniel talk with each other. Her dad and Brian’s dad were standing by the grill, her mom and Suzy were in the kitchen fussing over something.

“It’s amazing how fast they grow isn’t it?” Sarah asked as she approached her little sister.

“Yeah, I can’t believe it’s been a year . . .” Eloise told her sister and leaned her head on her shoulder.

“It won’t get easier let me tell you. Next he’ll be fully talking and then potty training. Then the next thing you know you’re dropping him off at his first day of school.” Eloise looked at her sister to see she was watching the boys.

“Are you and Dan going to have more kids?”

“No, we’re good with our boys.” Eloise just nodded and stood up straight. “You know, moms expecting a granddaughter.”

“What makes you bring that up?”

Sarah let out a sigh as she glanced at her nephew running towards her little sister’s boyfriend. “He is very good with James and I know you don’t mess around with relationships . . . just be careful alright?”

“Okay . . .” Sarah turned walking back into the house.

“Mama!” Eloise turned to see Brian carrying James over to her.

“Hi birthday boy,” She took James from Brian’s arms kissing the side of his head. “Somebody is getting sleepy,”

“Yeah guess he partied hard,” Brian joked pulling Eloise into his arms. “Are you ready for tomorrow?”

Eloise rested her head on his chest and held James close to her. “How many people will be there?”

“Oh, a few . . .” Brian said not remembering the number. “You won’t have to lift a finger; I’m taking care of all of it.” Eloise let out a yawn as she nodded. “Come on let’s get you two to bed.”

Brian took James from Eloise so she could get ready for bed. Brian placed James on the floor so he could grab the pajamas. He picked up the giggling little boy and changed him before he put him in his crib.

“Get some sleep little guy, tomorrows a big day.”

Brian partly closed the door and went across the hall to Eloise’s room to say good night to her. Giving her a kiss he told her he would see her in the morning. When Brian arrived back at his house, he let out a sigh as he locked his door and looked around. He made his way to his room, but stopped in the hallway. He glanced over at the closed door that was across from his room.

Taking in a deep breath, he slowly opened the door. Looking around the empty room, Brian flipped the light switch on and frowned. The pale green was painted on the walls already. Quickly shutting off the light, Brian closed the door and went into his room. He stripped himself of his clothing and fell onto his bed.

Eloise let out a small laugh as she opened Brian’s bedroom door to see him sprawled out on his bed. She figured he over slept or forgot to set his alarm. Eloise set James down on the bed and let him crawl over to Brian.

“Up! Up! Up!” James said repeatedly slapping his hands on Brian’s chest. Brian let out groan opening his eyes. He saw Eloise standing there smiling then looked over and saw James sitting next to him.

“Shi—Shoot I overslept,”

“Yes you did, now go get a shower, I’ll make you some breakfast.” Eloise told him while Brian picked up James kissing the side of his head. She took James and gave Brian a kiss. “Now go mister.”

After Brian showered and dressed he grabbed his phone seeing the text from Matt saying he got the meats. Then one from Zacky telling him Gena got the cake picked up from the bakery. Quickly replying as he went into the kitchen, smiled seeing Eloise preparing eggs for him.

“James fell asleep, it’ll be good for him to nap before everyone gets here.” Eloise told him setting the plate down on the bar in front of him.

“Thanks baby,” Brian leaned over giving her a kiss before sitting down.

“So is everything taken care of or do I need to run to the store and get something?”

Brian shook his head swallowing his food before he answered. “Nope, I had Matt and Zack get a couple things before they come over but I’ve got everything else all set up.”

Eloise stretched her arms out in front of her as the door bell rang. The guys had already come and set up the back yard. Gena had brought the cake of course it was monkey shaped going along with James’s favorite animal. Eloise opened the front door with a smile seeing a family standing there.

“Hey you must be Eloise!” She just nodded and invited them inside.

“Hey Joel!” Brian came over giving him a hug. “Hey Nicole,”

“Hi Brian,”

“Oh guys this is Eloise, El this is Joel Madden and his wife Nicole. Their daughter Harlow and their son Sparrow, he’s a year older then James.” Brian told Eloise hoping that maybe she and Nicole would become friends so the kids could play together.

“Nice to meet you guys, thank you for coming.”

“So where’s the little guy?” Joel asked as he and Brian made their way to the back yard.

“El thought he should take a nap first,” Brain handed Joel a beer as they stood around the grill with the other guys.

“Bri, incoming!” Val shouted then Brian looked down to see James running towards him.

“Here’s the little guy,” James hid his face in Brian’s neck, peeking every few seconds to look at everyone. He shook his head knowing that all the people around was overwhelming for him.

“Hey Bri, do you think it’d be okay for me to take pictures for the DCMA blog?” Tal asked him.

“Uh well it’s fine with me but ask El, she’ll probably say yes.”

“Thanks man,” Brian just nodded shifting James in his arms.

“Come on bud, can you say hi to Joel and Benji?” He tried to coax him into being social.

“I’ll grab Sparrow, maybe that’ll help.” Joel said then made his way over to Nicole and picked up Sparrow. “Met your new friend Sparrow,”

Eloise smiled as she watched Brian and Joel get the boys to interact with each other.

“Oh I get the feeling we’re seeing future trouble,” Lacey said as they all watched James and Sparrow start to play with each other.

“If you don’t mind me asking, where’s James’s father?” Nicole asked. She glanced around seeing all the girls looking down at their drinks.

“I don’t mind, he passed away when I was six months pregnant. He was a marine,”

“Oh, I’m sorry . . .” Eloise just patted Nicole hands telling her not to worry. “How well does Brian do with him?”

“He’s amazing,” All the girls chorused making Eloise giggle.

“He really is good, James just loves him. He went through a seperation anxiety last month while the guys were in Europe.”

“Mine going through that right now with the guys touring,” Nicole told her. “I’m sure will little Sanders is born, it’ll be the same.” Val just groaned letting her head fall back.

“So do you ever think about Brian as being more than your boyfriend?” Gena asked as all the girls watched the boys interact with the kids while Tal was taking photos.

“Um . . . I mean it’s kind of early to think of that but I wouldn’t want James to be really attached to Brian if it wasn’t going anywhere.” Eloise answered honestly as she watched Brian toss James into the air.

“I know Brian is completely taken with you and James. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen him out with James at the zoo, park, beach . . .” Lacey stated as she took a sip of her drink.

“He’ll be a great father some day,”

“Eloise,” Val said staring over at her. “Believe it or not, he already is to James.”

“Hey girls, ready for cake?” Matt asked coming up and interrupting them. “It’s getting kinda late for the kids so Brian suggested we do cake.”

“Yes hype them up on sugar then put them down for bed.” Gena said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

“Well . . . he is new to it,” Nicole whispered to Eloise. Brian walked over to them handing her James before he went into the house. “So he planned all of this?”

“Yep, wouldn’t even let me tell him what kind of cake James liked.” Eloise smiled at the cake was set down in front of her. She James hands in hers knowing he’d reach for the frosting. Brian sat down next her as everyone started singing happy birthday. Eloise giggled as her and Brian blew out the candle.

“Now, does the wish count if it isn’t their birthday?” Zacky asked making everyone laugh and Eloise blush. Brian looked over at Eloise smiling, and then down at James who was now covered in frosting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kings have won their last 3 gamess <3 Kopi with a hat trick (probably foreign language to a good percent of you) and Zus with his amazing goal.

Thank you to all readers/subs (hello new ones)/commenters

Love ya guys.