Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XX

Eloise smiled as she went through the photos Tal had sent her from the party Brian had thrown. Tal had asked her to go through them and give the okay on which ones he could use and what information he could give on the blog. She had done that by now. It had been a couple weeks since James’ first birthday, Eloise found herself looking at Brian in a different light. She had posted some of the photos on her Face Book for her family that didn’t see James or her every day also for her former sister in law to see.

Eloise was very cautious when it came to her page. Gena had told her to make it one hundred percent private because once fans caught wind of her, they’d be hunting. Of course Eloise knew her friends on her page wouldn’t post any of her photos on external sites. All her friends were aunts, uncles, her brother, brother in law, cousins, and a couple friends, not to mention Brian’s family.

She let a smile slip across her face when she saw that Brian’s mom had left a comment on the photo of James and Brian. Eloise had yet to meet her or Brian’s step father but she knew that she would get along with her from their conversations via the internet. Hearing her phone go off, Eloise smiled seeing Brian’s name on the screen.

“Hey Bri,”

“Hey what are you up to?”

“Just browsing the computer while James naps,”

“I need to tell you something,”

Eloise felt her heart plummet down to the bottom of her stomach. The worst thoughts coming to mind. “What is it?”

“Well you know how we’ve been going out a lot with Joel and Nicole? An how you two have been hanging around with the kids?”

“Yeah,”

“Well Joel said that there are tons of photos from the Paparazzi all over the internet.”

“. . . Okay?”

“I just wanted to let you know. They know who I am and they’re starting to talk about Matt and Val also but they know your name somehow.”

“Brian what has you so worried?” Eloise asked knowing that Brian would normally just shrug something like this off.

“I—I don’t want James to be put through all that. He isn’t a famous persons kid, he’s ou—your baby.”

“Okay Bri I understand, I promise to be careful if I see any around.”

Eloise hung up with Brian since he needs to get on stage but she was sitting there replaying what he had said in her head. He had caught himself from saying our baby when referring to James. Biting her lip, she opened up Google and typed in Nicole’s name first. Her eyes widened when she saw the pictures plastered everywhere of her with Nicole. She clicked on the link for E! Online after seeing the headline.

Nicole Richie Madden’s new friend, how’d they meet and who is she?

The page loaded showing a picture of Nicole and her at the beach with the kids. Groaning she decided she’d the article and see if it was enough to have Brian do something about it.

Nicole Richie has been spotted recently around Huntington Beach lately with a new, unknown face. Word is Nicole’s friend, Eloise Kent, is dating Synyster Gates, lead guitarist of Avenged Sevenfold. They were introduced through Synyster Gates, born Brian Haner Jr. and Nicole’s husband Joel Madden. Photo’s first showed up on DCMA’s website. Not much is known about her but people are defiantly interested.

Shaking her head, Eloise couldn’t believe that people were interested in her. She was a high school teacher who’s dating a guy she’s known since she was eight. Eloise stood when she heard James talking. Taking him out of his crib she checked his diaper seeing if was still clean. Seeing that it was she went back into the living room and turned on the TV. Flipping through, she saw that E! News was on.

“Now this is story has been interesting everyone wondering who this girl is. Jason Kennedy has the exclusive.”

“Thanks Gee. This has been the talk of the town, who is she, and why is everybody interested?”


“That’s what I’d like to know,” Eloise mumbled as James walked over to his toys.

“She’s dating Synyster Gates of the band Avenged Sevenfold who have been friends with the Madden brothers for a long time. Now Avenged has been popular for a long, debuting at number one last July after the death of their drummer. Her name is Eloise Kent, word from a close friend said she’s a single mother and works at a local high school. Now not much else is known but I’m sure more will come about.”

“Close friend? What close friend?” Eloise questioned as she turned off the TV. She opened her phone and sent a text to Brian telling him what had been said on E! News.

Brian laughed as he walked back onto the bus after signing stuff for some people. He heard many ask him about Eloise but he just ignored them and went on to the next person. He grabbed his phone off his bunk and read what Eloise had sent him. Frowning he glanced over at the guys then back at the phone.

“Hey guys, do you know anyone that’d tell the media about El?”

“What, someone’s saying stuff?” Zacky asked as he set his beer down.

“Yeah a ‘close friend’ told them about how she’s a single mother and works at a local high school.” Brian told them as he sat down next to Matt.

“You know how those worms are Brian, Val said they’ve been going on about her and I too.”

“Jesus I hope they don’t move on to the rest of us ‘cause I like not being bugged and living somewhat normal.” Johnny muttered as he sat down in the booth.

“I just don’t want James to be put in danger you know how those photographers are even if there are kids around.” Brian muttered crossing his arms.

“Well there isn’t much we can do right now, El will just have to be more aware of what’s around her.” Zacky told him hoping it’d calm him down. “So, do you miss them?”

“Like crazy dude . . .” Brian leaned his head back closing his eyes.

“Have you and El even had sex yet?” Johnny asked.

“Nope, haven’t really talked about that. Kinda hard when she’s tired at night from taking care of James all night.”

“Damn Gates how your balls feeling?” Matt joked pushing him.

“I have two hands I can take care of it.” Brian answered knowing that it’d been nearly eight months.

“Jesus dude . . .” Johnny mumbled.

“Hey it’s if she wants to, when she wants to.”

“When do you think she last had sex?” Zacky asked.

“Probably when James was conceived,”

“Women are fucking like camels dude.”

“Not when they’re pregnant,” Matt muttered tipping his beer bottle back.

“Where’s Arin by the way?” Brian asked noting he wasn’t around in the front.

“Bunk already,”

“Well I’m going to call it a night; we have to be home later so I’m going to get some sleep.” Brian made his way to his bunk, stripping off his clothes and climbed into his bunk falling asleep.

The bus came to a halt making Brian wake from his deep sleep. Looking at his phone he noticed that it was half past seven meaning he’d get to the house at nine. Pulling on his sweats and a tee, he slipped his shoes on and grabbed his things. Loading up his car, he left after saying his goodbyes.

He parked in front of the Parker’s house and ignored his things in the car. He slipped in the house waving to her parents. He heard the shower running so that meant Eloise was getting ready. Brian knew that if James was up then Jane would’ve told him. He opened the door to James room and slipped in so he didn’t startle him awake.

“James, come on bud wake up.” Brian rubbed James tummy that was exposed form his tee shirt being rolled up from sleep. “Come on little guy,” James let out a little groan then yawned. “Morning bud,” Brian said getting James attention.

“Dada!” Brian froze while James stood up stretching his arms to be picked up. “Dada!”

“It’s Bri bud you know that.”

“Dada . . .” James’ lip started quiver has he kept his arms stretched out. Brian picked up James not knowing exactly what to say or if he should say anything about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all readers/subscribers (ello new ones)/commenters
love ya!