Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XXII

Weeks passed since Owen Sanders was born. Brian and Eloise spent some time helping the new parent’s take care of their newborn. Also so Matt and Val could get some sleep. Brian had done a good job at avoiding his ex when visiting the baby. He was still suspicious of her, even Val was wondering about it but doubted it. The guys held off on touring until late September, which was now only a couple weeks away.

Brian and Zacky were currently sitting in Zacky’s living room while Gena and Eloise were upstairs getting ready for the MTV Video Music Awards. None of them really wanted to go but they knew their fans were constantly voting for So Far Away. Brian rolled the sleeves of his black button up, same as Zacky did. Hearing heels click down the stairs, both of the guys stood up to see Gena.

“Are you guys ready?” She asked with a big smile. The guys nodded anxious to see what Eloise looked like. “El come on down!”

Brian felt his mouth dry as he looked over Eloise. The while strapless dress that stopped above the knee, the purple heels, her hair was in soft curls, and her eyes stood out. He held his hand out for her to take and gave her a kiss.

“Hey, watch the lips!” Gena scolded. Brian gave a little laugh shaking his head.

“I have something for you,”

“Really?” Eloise watched as Zacky handed Brian a long black velvet box. Brian opened the box, revealing a diamond increased heart necklace. “Oh my, Bri it’s—it’s beautiful.”

“I thought you’d like it,” He took it out of the box and put it on her.

“Thank you Brian.” Eloise wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss. They both ignored Gena’s complaint about messing up Eloise lips.

“Okay love birds, limos here.” Zacky said with a snicker. They left his house and climbed into the limo seeing Matt and Val were already in there along with Johnny and Lacey. Eloise took a seat next to Val.

“How are you feeling?” Eloise asked knowing this was the first time Val and Matt had been away from Owen for more than an hour’s time.

“I’m going to miss him,” Val admitted.

“It’s normal, just don’t bug Matt’s parents every five minutes. If something was to happen they would call you guys first.” Eloise reassured her with a smile. Val nodded and leaned into Matt; he looked over at Eloise and mouthed a thank you.

Arriving in Los Angeles the guys exited the limo and helped the girls out. The guys weren’t really excited to do the red carpet but decided to do it. The girls stood of the side talking with each other as the guys got their photos taken and went to do an interview. Eloise stood quietly with the girls, waiting for Brian to come over to her. She felt uncomfortable with all the flash bulbs going off and people hollering.

“Hey,” Brian got her attention as he came over to the girls. He reached down grabbing her hand before leading her behind everyone else inside. Once in, they sat down in their seats with a sigh. “I kinda wish we stayed home,” He whispered to Eloise.

“It’ll be over before you know it and if it gets to the point you guys can’t be here we can always leave.” Eloise told him, giving his thigh a squeeze.

As the award show progressed, Eloise noticed the guys were either bored or becoming antsy. She kept her hand on Brian’s thigh giving him a soothing rub. He had his arm around her shoulders, rubbing his hand over her smooth skin.

“And the award for video of the year goes to,” Both Joel and Benji announced while a girl opened the envelop.

“Avenged Sevenfold!”

“Our boys!” Eloise smiled giving Brian a kiss as the girls did the same.

“They won this award with Jimmy for Bat Country,” Val told her quietly. “It’s part of the reason they really didn’t want to come but they decided the fans were voting for them.” Eloise nodded and turned her attention the guys hugging Benji and Joel, accepting the Moon Man.

“Uh, wow only took five years to get another one of these.” Matt said into the mic as he held the statue. “We thank the fans for voting and sticking through with us. This past year and half has been hard. The last time we were here we had our brother Jimmy with us accepting one of these in the same category.” All of the guys nodded staying silent and letting Matt talk. “The song, Gates wrote after Jimmy passed, so this one’s for you bro!”

Everyone started clapping as they left the stage. Eloise looked around seeing some artist standing up clapping. She knew they must’ve known the band or Jimmy at one point.

“Come on, we’re going to go meet the guys,” Gena grabbed Eloise hand and they made their way to the back to find the guys. Once Eloise spotted Brian, she made her way over pulling him into a hug.

“We decided to give them to his parents,” Brian murmured as he buried his face into her neck and held her tight.

“Do you want to go home?”

“No,” He pulled away shaking his head. “We can go the after party for a little while since James is staying at your parents,” Eloise gave him a nod supporting his decision. “Guys ready to head out?”

“Shads you gonna drink?” Johnny asked as they made their way to the after party.

“Nah, maybe one but nothing excessive.” Matt responded as they got to where the party was. Eloise followed Brian to a table where he sat her down on his lap.

“I just want to hold you,” Eloise blushed as she felt him place kisses on her bare back. Everyone else seemed to disappear in the crowd of people that came from the show, famous or not. “How about we stay for an hour then head home? I know that’s Val and Matt’s plan.”

“Sounds good to me,” Eloise turned around and faced Brian. She ran her thumb under his eye seeing an unshed tear. “I was thinking about staying tonight . . .”

“I’d really like that,” Brian told her as he turned his head and kissed the inside of her wrist. They sat there for the hour as people came talking to them but all they could think was they wanted to head home. When Val and Matt came over ready to leave, explaining they wanted to stop and get Owen because Val missed him. Eloise let out a giggle as she remembered when she was like that with James, still is most of the time.

“Hey, see you guys later, yeah?” Brian said as they dropped Matt and Val off at his parents’ house.

“Sure thing Gates! Night El!”

“Night!” Eloise called out as the driver started to head towards Brian’s house. Eloise slipped the heels off her feet and let out a groan. “Never wearing heels again.”

Brian just chuckled as she messaged her feet until they reached his house. Once there they said their thank you to the driver then Brian unlocked the house. As Brian closed and locked the front door, setting the alarm, he turned to see Eloise already at the top of the stair case. Letting a smirk take over his features, Brian quickly made his way to where Eloise was.
♠ ♠ ♠
As to answer some of your guys questions as to why Brian freaked out . . . that be told in a few chapters, don't worry. But there are hints in chapters >_> oh and this chapter is more of a lead in for what's to come.

Thank you to all readers/subs (ello new ones)/commenters

Love ya!


I can't wait to post the next chapters.