Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XXV

Eloise rubbed her stomach was she wrote out the chapters for the kids to read during her prep period. Her flu had finally past after missing a near week of work but the queasy stomach lingered around sometimes. She tried to keep her brother’s words out of her head from when she was sick and he was watching James. Pregnant. It was a ridiculous notion, Eloise thought. She knew her body and she knew when she was pregnant and she knows she isn’t.

On the other hand, Eloise thought as she took a seat her desk, each pregnancy is different. Groaning she rested her head in her hands and tugged at her hair. Sex outside of marriage was a big step for her and now that she has possible pregnancy on the mind, she didn’t know what to do. Eloise glanced over at her phone as it sat dormant on her desk she thought about calling Brian.

That was another thing that ran through her mind. How would he take it? She remembered how interested in Val’s pregnancy he was, for the most part. But then when he held Owen he had a meltdown. That scared her, the thought of having two kids without their fathers.

“You’re being insane Eloise, you are not pregnant.” Eloise muttered to herself as she went back to writing on the white board. “You used protection correctly each time . . .” She paused as she started write. “But then again, there was the one time in the shower he didn’t.” Shaking her head, Eloise knew she wasn’t going to get anywhere with these thoughts knowing Brian would be home in a few days.

Brian nervously fiddled with his seatbelt on the plane as the landed at LAX. Eloise had told him yesterday she had a doctor’s appointment to get birth control. He was happy she was going on it but then she added the still have to use a condom rule. He didn’t understand why he was nervous. But after Johnny made the crack about Eloise being knocked up, something didn’t settle right with Brian.

Grabbing his things, Brian followed the guys out to the awaiting vehicles after the retrieved their luggage. Brian and Matt rode with Zacky and Gena back down to Huntington since Matt didn’t want Val making a long trip with Owen.

“Excited to see Val and Owen, Matt?” Gena asked as she followed the traffic down the four oh five.

“Yeah I am,”

“He’s just excited ‘cause he can finally have sex with her again.” Zacky teased earning a slap on the arm from Gena.

“Zacky,”

“Eh that’s part of it.” Matt joked then sighed. “But I missed them, now I understand why Gates missed James so much.”

“Right, how is El and James?” Zacky asked but not getting a response, he glanced over to see Brian just staring out the window. “Yo Gates!”

“Huh, what?” Brian looked over at the guys then frowned. “Sorry guys, what were you saying?”

“Dude where has your head been lately?” Matt asked slightly worried about his off behavior.

“Is it anything to do with the tabloids or what some of the fans say about El?” Gena asked as they entered Huntington.

“No none of that just . . . thinking about stuff that’s all.” Brian told them as he took his seatbelt off. “Thanks for the ride, I’ll see you guys later.” Brian grabbed all his luggage then went through his garage and set his luggage down right as he got inside. Quickly running up stairs to freshen up, he then grabbed his keys and headed over to Eloise’s parents house.

Once he parked out front, he looked over at the house and turned off his car and got out. Dashing the thought of having a cigarette before going in, Brian walked to the house and went inside. Glancing around he didn’t see or hear anyone. Frowning he walked down the hall and poked his head into James room and saw Eloise.

“Hey Bri,” Eloise whispered as she backed away from the crib.

“You just get him down?”

“Mhm . . . come on,” Eloise led him into the living room and sat down on the couch. “How was the flight?” Eloise asked as she watched Brian sit next to her.

“It was good, tiring, but good.” Eloise just nodded while she played with her hands. “How’d the doctors go?” Brian asked. Eloise sat there playing with her hand still trying to figure out how to answer. “El? What’d the doctor say? Did you get the birth control pills?”

“Uh no . . . I didn’t,”

“Oh then did you get that thing to where you have like . . . last for five years put in?” Brian asked. Eloise sighed and shook her head. “Okay, did you decide against it?”

Eloise sat up straight and looked over at Brian. “I can’t take birth control pills.”

“Why not? Do they make you sick or something?” He asked trying to sort through his thoughts.

“No, something else makes me sick . . .” Brian sat there looking at Eloise with a confused look. “Brian . . . I’m . . . I,” Closing her eyes she took a deep breath. “I’m pregnant.” Opening her eyes she saw him just sitting there, no longer confused, just stoic. “Brian?” He shook his head and blinked.

“Pregnant?”

“Yes?”

Brian sat there quietly taking deep breaths then stood up quickly. “I—I . . . I need to go,”

“Brian,” Eloise stood up and followed him to the front door. “Where are you going?”

“I need to think,” Eloise bit the inside of her cheek as she watched him get in his car and drive away. Shaking her head, she closed the front door and turned to see her dad standing there.

“Didn’t react like you thought he would?” Isaac asked as he pulled his daughter into his arms.

“No, he reacted just like I hoped he wouldn’t.” She mumbled into his chest.

“Just have to pray Ellie, he needs guidance.” Pulling away from her, Isaac kissed her forehead and wiped the tears from her face. “Any guy can be a father; it takes a man to be a dad.”

“I just thought how he was with James and everything . . .” Isaac nodded knowing where she was going.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he has his reasons.”

“What if doesn’t come back?” Eloise asked as her stomach started to turn.

“I have a shotgun honey for a reason.” Eloise chuckled making Isaac smile. “Come on, I’ll make some hot coco and we can watch one of your movies.” Eloise nodded following her dad into the kitchen. She said a silent prayer hoping her dad was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
saw that comin from a mile away.

Thank you to all readers/subscribers/commenters
and I can't believe how many more subs I gained after the last chapter, seeing as I wasn't really feeling it but hey, ya'll enjoyed it.

More to come soon...aiming for Monday 'cause Sunday I'll be at a Dodgers game.

Love ya!