Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XXVII

Eloise bit her lip as Brian sat there in silence for the last five minutes. Whatever had happened must’ve been worse then she thought.

“Come on,” She said grabbing his hand pulling him off the bed. She led him into the kitchen letting him sit at the bar while she grabbed the tea pot and filled it. Eloise focused on making them tea while Brian rubbed his forehead still trying to figure how to start. “Here,” She put the mug in front of him.

“Thanks,” Brian mumbled as he took a sip of the hot tea. He looked up to see Eloise was leaning against the counter drinking her tea. He was amazed he wasn’t pestering him like most people would.

Eloise kept quiet but only out of respect. She wanted to know what was wrong with him and it was slowly eating away at her.

“I have a son,” Brian said quietly. Eloise started coughing as she set her mug down.

“What?”

“Michelle was pregnant earlier this year,” Brian started while leaning his arms on the counter. “We got pregnant in let September last year. We were pretty excited about it.” He said with a light smile. “Everything was going great with the baby, Michelle wasn’t having much sickness, she felt great. Then we went out on tour in January, she stayed home.” Brian let out a deep sigh. “Val called me on February second saying Michelle was having stomach pains and that she was taking her to the doctors,” Eloise bit her lip as her hand moved to rest on her stomach. “I didn’t hear anything until the next morning.

“Their brother Chris called me to tell me,” Brian paused and closed his eyes tightly. Eloise walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. He rested his head on her chest and slowly breathed out. He pulled back and moved Eloise to his on his lap. “The doctors did an ultra sound and couldn’t find a fetal heartbeat. They did several test and there was no activity what so ever. Her body was trying to go into labor to,” Eloise nodded brushing his hair out of his face. “I asked Chris what the baby was . . . he didn’t want to tell me but I made him.”

“Did you name him?” Eloise asked quietly knowing that’s what some people do. Brian nodded looking down and started to play with her hand.

“We named him James . . .” Brian mumbled. “That’s why Michelle was acting the way she was ‘cause of your son’s name.”

“Maybe it was a sign for you,” Brian gave her a smile and kissed the corner of her mouth.

“I think meeting you two was the best thing for me.”

“So why exactly did you two divorce?”

“We didn’t talk much after what happened, but she filed and I didn’t try to stop her.” Brian answered honestly. “She met the guy she’s with now and is happy with him and I have you and James and . . .” He paused resting his hand on her stomach. “This one,” Eloise placed her hand over his.

“Are you scared?”

“Only that the same thing will happen.”

“Did Michelle ever tell you exactly why he didn’t make it?” Brian shook his head. “I need you to ask her, not only to heal yourself but if it was something of a genetic trait I can tell my doctor and we can watch for it.”

“Okay, I’ll do that.” Eloise smiled giving him a kiss.

“Come on let’s get to bed,” They cleaned up their mugs and turned the light off before going to bed. Brian laid in bed with his arm draped over her waist and watched her sleep. Not being able to fall asleep himself, he gently got out of bed and went into James’ room. He quietly made his way to the crib and saw James sitting up.

“Come here buddy,” Brian picked him up letting James snuggle into his chest as he sat in the rocking chair. “You’re going to be a big brother soon.” He said quietly as he watched James start to fall back asleep. “I hope,” Brian murmured as he closed his eyes and rested his head back.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to all readers/subscribers/commenters
love ya.