Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XXX

Brian chuckled as James ran around the front of the church as his parents were talking with some of the church members. Eloise was being hounded by the all of the church ladies once they caught sight of the ring and the belly. Brian’s brother, Brent, walked up and scooped up James making the baby boy laugh as his soon to be uncle tickled him. He thought over this morning how everyone welcomed Eloise and James into the family. His grandma Haner held James all morning and talked with Eloise the whole time. While at Eloise parent’s house, he got grilled by her grandpa and uncles. He didn’t realize she came from a big family, her father is one of five, and her mom is one of seven.

When they informed her parents and his, of their decision to get married while in the Caribbean, her family and his started throwing out reception ideas. Brian rubbed his face as he thought of the quick planning they had to do. Eloise was going dress shopping and buying tomorrow with Val and the other girls. He was happy because she told him no tux, just nice slacks, and a white button up shirt. He had shown Eloise the website where the Villa was listed, she had fallen in love the small hill that had the cul de sac of clear water behind in it. Brian had already called down to set up appointments to get the wedding certificate so when he got there; all they had to do was sign.

“Hey bro,” Brent said snapping Brian out of his thoughts. James crawled over to his lap, resting his head on Brian’s chest. “Guess he’s tired?”

“Yeah, he’ll go to sleep easily tonight.” Brian told his little brother as he ran his hand through James’ hair. Brian watched as McKenna stayed by Eloise’s side along with their moms. Brian checked his watch seeing it was nearing nine. “We better get going otherwise El won’t want to get up in the morning now that she’s able to sleep in.”

Brent chuckled as he followed his brother over to where all the women were. They had noticed their dad along with Eloise’s and her brother had already left the building.

“Oh hello Brian,” Jane greeted once she noticed he had approached them.

“Hi, if you will excuse me, it’s getting late El and James still needs a bath.” Brian lied about the bath knowing James had one before they came to the services.

“Okay, I’ll see you ladies later.” All of the ladies kept talking to her, so Brian grabbed her hand and led her out to his car. “Thank you,” She brought him into a kiss.

“Come let’s go, knowing Val, you’ll be starting early tomorrow.”

The next morning Eloise followed Val and the rest of the girls and her mom into the Bridal store. Once in the store all the girls and her mom went off in different directions jabbering on about the dresses. Eloise walked off into a different part of the store and looked around. None of her friends knew of the bump hidden under her jacket. So them looking at the tight dresses was pointless. Eloise wrinkled her noise when she noticed they were all drooling over some ball gown dress.

“I’m guess you’re the bride?” One of the workers asked as she approached Eloise.

“Oh yes, I am.”

“I’m Linda,”

“Eloise,” She shook her hand and smiled.

“Are you looking for anything specific? I noted it said you need to buy today.”

“Yes we’re getting married on the second but leaving tomorrow actually. And for type of dress, I have no idea to be honest.” Linda gave Eloise a smile and nodded. “Just it needs to be loose in the stomach,”

“Expecting?” Eloise just nodded and patted her belly. “How far along?”

“I’ll be seventeen when we get married.”

“Okay well how about you go into this room and I’ll pull a few dresses, it’s a beach wedding correct?” Eloise nodded as she took a seat in the dressing room. She could hear all the girl talking out there excitedly. Eloise pulled her jacket off and rubbed her belly thinking over the dresses that she’ll try on. “I have a few I think you’ll love,”

Eloise let out a breath as she looked through the few bags that held dress. Not seeing one that really caught her eyes, Eloise went to the one that was hidden. Her eyes widened when she saw it.

“I love it . . .”

“Well then let’s try it on!” Eloise striped down, thankful she wore a strapless bra. Linda zipped up the back with a smile. “What do you think?”

“It’s perfect,” She answered as she ran her hands over her belly with a smile.

“Well shall we show everyone?” Eloise nodded then followed Linda out to the show room where she heard collective gasp. She stood on the pedestal with a smile looking into the mirror.

“So what does everyone think?” Linda asked when she noticed everyone’s expressions.

“You’re pregnant!” All the girls, except her mom and Lacey, examined. Eloise giggled with a nod. “Oh my god!”

“How far along are you?” Val asked standing up with tears in her eyes, a smile on her face.

“Sixteen weeks,”

“My god,” Val whispered as she pulled Eloise into a hug. “Brian must be so happy,”

“Why didn’t you react Lacey?” Gena asked looking over at her friend.

“Oh ‘cause I ran into Brian after he freaked out and talked with him.” Lacey said with a shrug. “But I don’t think he’s ever been this happy.”

“Does Michi know?” Val asked thinking about how it could affect her twin. Eloise gave her a small nod.

“Brian told her when I was eight weeks,”

“Okay then . . . god Ellie you look so pretty in that,” Val commented as she took in the strapless, empire waist gown that had a sweetheart neckline. “And your boobs look amazing in it.”

“Oh yeah, Brian won’t be able to resist himself.” Gena told her with a grin.

“Mom, what do you think?” Eloise asked since her mom had been quiet. Jane stood up and walked over to her daughter.

“I think you’re making Brian the luckiest man ever and he makes you so happy.” Jane kissed her daughters check. “Get the dress; it’s a gift from your father and I.” Eloise eyes watered as she gave her mom a smile. She couldn’t help but think of her late husband at this moment. All those years ago she wasn’t able to have the new gown or anything like that. They had a small church wedding, spent their wedding night at home, and then he shipped out the next day. “Sweetie you’ll be okay.” Jane told her quietly as she brushed the tears away.

“So are we getting the dress?” Linda asked after the tearful moment. She watched the bride nod her head and everyone agreed. “Alright then, let’s get you out of this and we’ll get it adjusted and paid for.” Eloise smile stayed on her face as she thought about what was to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you guys want to see the dress I had in mine, go here.

I don't know how many of you guys saw the video for "So Far Away" yet...but if you haven't, be ready to tear up.

Thank you to all readers/subscribers/commenters
Love you guys <3